Zain westbrooke (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

If this is true did get the impression he thought he deserved more game time/a better deal when his agent kept linking his name to all the top Championship clubs when he wasn’t even one of our best performers. Let’s see if he ends up at Leeds or West Brom...

chiefdave

Are we saying he's going for personal reasons or because Robins has said he should look for another club?

Either way its a shame but probably best if he wants / needs to be elsewhere or Robins doesn't have a role for him.

cc84cov

Not as exciting for a fan maybe, but just as good and IMO more impactful on the team. Our ball retention with Westbrooke in the side seemed much better. Scored as many goals as O’Hare in less time on the pitch too.

If someone picks him up for a couple of hundred thousand they’ll have got a bargain IMHO.
I hope we are not gonna attempt to compare westbrooke to O’Hare here ? 👀😂

cc84cov

Does anyone know if he signed the extension ? My pal told me he was told he can find a new club his exact words so maybe we didn’t trigger the extension ?

Marty

Talented player who can play some lovely balls, but he doesn't have the aggression to play at a higher level, seeing him pull out of balls that hes favourite to win is just painful to watch,

Hopefully can flog him and reinvest the money.

Terry_dactyl

I’m sure Robins would’ve already made up his mind about Westbrooke but does this also indicate the quality we’ve bought in? Has he been reassured by what he’s seen of Hamer and Hilssner (can’t do the German letter) in training to think it’s ok to let one of our better ‘footballers’ go?

Kilclines curly mullet

Shame if true.

Laughing about all the above posts saying he doesn’t get stuck in...he is as good as anyone, people must be confusing him with Shipley who pulls out of every 50/50.

Magwitch

Westbrook’s a good player but not irreplaceable not signed a new contract so we need to replace him, talk of wage and squad caps we might need to get one out to get one in.

cc84cov

Westbrook’s a good player but not irreplaceable not signed a new contract so we need to replace him, talk of wage and squad caps we might need to get one out to get one in.
The extension was in the clubs favour they either withdrew from taking the year or extended & want a fee I have a feeling we didn’t extend

larry_david

Yep was me he’s been told he will be moved on,I imagine his agent is now working on getting him sorted a fee will need to be paid to us if he signed that extension ? I don’t know if he did or not ?
You know he's been told to move on but you don't know we agreed the 1 year extension. What kind of ITK are you!

PVA

I feel like he is more suited to championship football than Shipley.

But as above, according to Instagram he does appear to be with the squad.

shmmeee

More impactful? He didn't play as much as o hare down the stretch?

? Down the stretch?

I hope we are not gonna attempt to compare westbrooke to O’Hare here ? 👀😂

I mean they’re both footballers. Different horses for courses. Westbrooke a decent L1 midfielder just like O’Hare. Different types of players with different strengths though. Not every player has to be exiting.

SeaSeeEffCee

Westbrooke is with Allen and McFadzean but nothing in that pic to confirm it’s in Scotland? Perhaps they’re the ones who’ve stayed home?

Blind-Faith

I feel like he is more suited to championship football than Shipley.

But as above, according to Instagram he does appear to be with the squad.

100% agree

Shipley won’t look out of place in the championship but westbrooke is definitely more suited to it

Bugsy

Westbrooke: best player we’ve got. Going to be integral to our push for the prem.

Bullshit is he.

Ur opinion of course sir, he is a good squad player but best player we've got no chance....PUSB

Happy match day everyone :)

Terry_dactyl

Bullshit is he.

Ur opinion of course sir, he is a good squad player but best player we've got no chance....PUSB

Happy match day everyone :)
I agree with you. Just appears that the talk that he was leaving may have been premature.

His ex has just given birth this week so could be as simple as that. On a long term note, as it is his ex and don’t believe it ended too well, can’t imagine she’d follow him to a new club, so that might convince him to stick around if not move to a club more local

Users who are viewing this thread