Your Ideas On Moving The Club Forward (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

I just think someone has to back down. If SISU offered to drop all the legal action in exchange for a proper consultation with the Council about solving our Stadium issues i think that would go a long way towards resolving some key issues. Trouble is it won't happen.

Why would they do that? It's not realistic to expect them to drop any sort of bargaining tool, especially to a council who has never ever tried to do the club a single favour.

shmmeee

Get someone in who can negotiate and has some basic business sense and a strategy for moving us forward.

Some of the teenage girl drama in this thread is hilarious.

Skybluefaz

Do you have trouble reading? I didn't say we should, in fact I quite clearly expressed that I was NOT advocating that but it is the only correct hypethetical answer to the question of "what would make SISU leave?". Obviously I would rather have shit owners than commit acts that other clubs fans have done to force owners out (I.e Luton)
You don't think they'd accept a hypothetical fuck load of money in exchange for the club then?

Godiva

I look at this quite differently. What kind of new owner would I want? One who can only pay £1 for the club or one who don't really care if the price is £10mio or even more?

I prefer one who has the money to pay the price and with more to invest.

That kind of owner want a club with a strong identity and a loyal customer base. A club on the up is much easier to sell and desirable to buy than a club heading for obscurity.

So maybe we should look beyond the hate to sisu and start showing our love to the club. We can't really hurt sisu, but we can support the team. Last time we really went on the barricades in sisu-out-campaign rel 1.0 we were relegated. We are replicating that now, but in the process we are losing the opportunity to attract the Russian/Chinese billionaire who want the club as a vanity project.

Just my thought.

Nick

Administrator
Why, it reaches out to more CCFC fans than this site, but most importantly, no-one is anonymous...

You do realise people can be anonymous on Facebook don't you?

It's also where people are usually quite hysterical and don't seem to be clued up with it all.

ceetee

It may be semantics but we can't get rid of SISU.
We have to create a situation where SISU get rid of CCFC.
It will always be on their terms, not ours, although obviously there may be ways to limit their options.

However if SISU act irrationally we might not like what is left and there may be no pieces to pick up. So be careful what you wish for.
We have to be pragmatic and find a way for SISU to go and still leave enough of the club that it can be rebuilt.
I don't think that the fans destroying the club by starving it will achieve that.

But I have to be honest and say I don't know what the answer is.

It may help to know who are SISU. As far as I can see it's only Joy Sepalla. Fisher is a hired hand. He has to do what he's told but he's not SISU

italiahorse

But the council clearly favour WASPS, if our long term future is away from the Ricoh Butts or an alternative site, would they actively support it as it inceases the risk of WASPS failing and also confirms to the Coventry public that even after SISU have gone there was no future for CCFC at the Ricoh as tenants. Most of the Coventry public think its all SISU's fault and when they've gone WASPS will cut us a great deal.
They only favour Wasps because of the SISU hostile attempt at getting hold of the stadium.
Add in the ongoing court battles and the relationship is over.
You could also say Wasps are favoured because they are making the right noises of making the area what they always envisaged.
Sisu and the fans are also finished, particularly since Northampton and there can be no going back.

Nick

Administrator
What makes you different to users on a forum on Facebook, are you that far up your own arse?

I don't tend to sit and make really shit looking images all day for starters and just go off hear say like a fair few comments on there seem to.

I don't doubt that some will have a decent idea about facts etc.

I guess a lot just keep saying about handing SISU money but can't explain how.

dongonzalos

Not sure we can rely on the council to be more helpful. Think that notion went when Wasps moved here. They are the favoured team. Moving forwards with SISU would be difficult. The plan would need to be the same regardless of owner. The club for the sanity of the fans in future needs to be self sustainable. We can't be beholden to debts and end up with vultures picking at what's left. For that to happen, an infastructure needs to be built. With that in mind, if Ryton could be sold and a new training ground and/or academy base is built of superior quality it would be a positive. If there was any money left to help cover losses so a player could be kept that would be even better.

The club needs to improve it's communication and marketing, it needs to attract supporters back and create a positive atmosphere. The club needs to explain where the money is needed and spent. It needs to clarify the breakeven point and advise fans that if it is hit, players can be kept, even if none are coming in. This allows stability of squad. Also allows to reach a better value for players as there is no necessity to sell. The club needs to ensure it's scouting system is finding players to improve the current squad and develop other players to replace those sold. When selling players, if at breakeven the club needs to ensure they keep a contingency fund. The club needs to safeguard itself at all times. The growth needs to be consistent.

None of this is easy to do of course, particuarly with SISU in charge. We should at the same time be wary of any new owners coming in. For it to happen, it needs someone with the drive and determination to ensure the highest standards are maintained in all aspects of the club. With a pinch of luck too.

Is the suggestion that they would get around 2million for Ryton?
If that is correct a new training facility and academy facility would cost double that.
I can see that money going to ARVO and us signing up to rent somewhere so that sorts out the Sports England issue. Also takes us away from having an asset and out own facility to renting one bit like leaving Highfield road. A stupid move.
However I think this will happen when SISU decide to move on.
If it dies happen that way I will be disgusted with Mark Venus.

In every aspect we are cutting costs we are looking at having a smaller stadium. We are spending less on the squad.
We are generally thinking smaller as a club than bigger.
Then all of a sudden we need bigger better training facilities !!!!!
It doesnt add up!!

Last edited:

skybluebeduff

I wonder what the outcome would be if this poll was posted here originally..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    120.1 KB · Views: 15

Grendel

I wonder what the outcome would be if this poll was posted here originally..

Different as here you have supporters who attend matches in a far higher percentage

skybluebeduff

Different as here you have supporters who attend matches in a far higher percentage
No you don't, far more attend on there than here. Why fabricate a stat you couldn't possibly know?, you do know their is over 4000+ members active on there right?

Skybluefaz

They only favour Wasps because of the SISU hostile attempt at getting hold of the stadium.
You could also say Wasps are favoured because they are making the right noises of making the area what they always envisaged.
Sisu and the fans are also finished, particularly since Northampton and there can be no going back.
They'll favour Wasps for as long as JLR are willing to pump money into the city, and the telegraph will continue to support them in their agenda. This week the cet have been blowing smoke up the arse of JLR because they are in the top 50 employers on glassdoor and they are dishing out a bit of a Xmas bonus in people's pension pots. The telegraph will keep telling us JLR and Wasps are great while they build wherever they like, meanwhile the council sit back and count the cash. Worryingly ccfc seems to have no place in the equation.

torchomatic

Surely the hostility is towards the owners who have dragged them into courts, more than having hostility towards a football club who were born in the city in 1883?

You would think so and you would have thought the Council could have separated the entities when negotiating the Ricoh fire sale. After all, SISU won't be here for ever, but unfortunately Wasps will.

torchomatic

They'll favour Wasps for as long as JLR are willing to pump money into the city, and the telegraph will continue to support them in they agenda. This week the cet have been blowing smoke up the arse of JLR because they are in the top 50 employers on glassdoor and they are dishing out a bit of a Xmas bonus in people's pension pots. The telegraph will keep telling us JLR and Wasps are great while they build wherever they like, meanwhile the council sit back and count the cash. Worryingly ccfc seems to have no place in the equation.

Comments on the CT site are amusing too. With one calling our franchisers "the excellent Wasps". They really can't do any wrong, so damn that club who were formed in the City in the 19th Century.

clint van damme

I've said it before all I want is an owner with a clear strategy and some passion for taking the club forward, if they give me that I don't mind if we sometimes have to sell players, (Ajax won the Champions league as a selling club), or if they can't spunk 20 million on the squad.
As long as we progress.
We're in limbo under sisu unfortunately.

skybluebeduff

I've said it before all I want is an owner with a clear strategy and some passion for taking the club forward, if they give me that I don't mind if we sometimes have to sell players, (Ajax won the Champions league as a selling club), or if they can't spunk 20 million on the squad.
As long as we progress.
We're in limbo under sisu unfortunately.
That's what i want too, so starving them out is the only way I can see them leaving, plenty don't agree with that, but my mind will never change on that.

shy_tall_knight

If new rational owners of CCFC s that there is no future as tenants of WASPS and that they need their own stadium CCC will be in an awkward position as they have facilitated the WASPS move and actively promoted them since they arrived. CCC will be seen to have helped engineer a situation where the football club needs a new ground for its long term survival contrary to their harmonious vision of CCFC being happy tenants to a London rugby club.

harvey098

It would be really interesting to see our attendance figures if we had different owners. Do you think they would be much different and if so, by how much?

Captain Dart

Sky Blue Kid

If we had owners that actually cared about the Football Club, I feel we would be having around 18k-20k..... Actually make that 20,001.... I'd be there :)

Grendel

If we had owners that actually cared about the Football Club, I feel we would be having around 18k-20k..... Actually make that 20,001.... I'd be there :)

And you accused FP of being deluded. I doubt we'd get 14,000 unless it's a big game for the first and back to 10,000 diehards as the next excuse not to go is peddled out.

Grendel

Do it & see.

For whet purpose? You'd vote for the starve option as you've been starving the club for years. Be careful if sisu left you'd have to think of another excuse for non attendance

skybluebeduff

For whet purpose? You'd vote for the starve option as you've been starving the club for years. Be careful if sisu left you'd have to think of another excuse for non attendance
That means people like him and myself hate the club, and I've only been starving them properly since this season.

Why would people waste time on forums if they actually hated CCFC?

Also the option actually was to starve SISU and rebuild the club from scratch, which regardless of SISU is what it needs anyway.

Nick

Administrator
That means people like him and myself hate the club, and I've only been starving them properly since this season.

Why would people waste time on forums if they actually hated CCFC?

Also the option actually was to starve SISU and rebuild the club from scratch, which regardless of SISU is what it needs anyway.
You would need to explain how the ticket money is going to sisu and not ccfc though to make it work?

Rebuild the club from scratch in what way, liquidation?

skybluebeduff

You would need to explain how the ticket money is going to sisu and not ccfc though to make it work?

Rebuild the club from scratch in what way, liquidation?
Not my poll to answer that, but so far the majority want it, whatever it means to do so.

Also to look through every anomaly in accounts to point out flaws is something i'm not interested to go into depth with, OSB is the man for that. Do you really believe SISU haven't made a penny since being here from CCFC?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    141.2 KB · Views: 9

skybluetony176

Moving the club forward.

Step 1) Get shot of SISU

Step 2) Hope their replacement's are an improvement.

Bottom line is we have no chance of moving forward until SISU have gone.

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

Our last season in the championship - when we were nailed on for relegation from the start, selling out top goalscorer at Xmas too replace with an untried loanee we still got a 15,000 average gate having been in the relegation zone virtually all season.

I am still bemused as to why posters like Grendel like to deflect the huge problems at the club on the stay away fans.

skybluebeduff

Our last season in the championship - when we were nailed on for relegation from the start, selling out top goalscorer at Xmas too replace with an untried loanee we still got a 15,000 average gate having been in the relegation zone virtually all season.

I am still bemused as to why posters like Grendel like to deflect the huge problems at the club on the stay away fans.
They bypass all this because of agendas, whatever agenda they have. Most of our agendas are simple, get rid of SISU to free CCFC. Some find that hard to fathom.

Nick

Administrator
Not my poll to answer that, but so far the majority want it, whatever it means to do so.

Also to look through every anomaly in accounts to point out flaws is something i'm not interested to go into depth with, OSB is the man for that. Do you really believe SISU haven't made a penny since being here from CCFC?
It's worrying that people say things like starve sisu but can't explain how it's actually starving them and not ccfc.

I guess it's social media and the internet in general, same happened when I've asked people on Twitter about the things they say and nobody really knows, it just sounds good or gets likes and Bob latchford agrees

skybluebeduff

It's worrying that people say things like starve sisu but can't explain how it's actually starving them and not ccfc.

I guess it's social media and the internet in general, same happened when I've asked people on Twitter about the things they say and nobody really knows, it just sounds good or gets likes and Bob latchford agrees
Not many are interested in likes, what do they achieve? I've never asked to get my old ones added on since you changed the site, because I don't care.

It's not worrying at all, they see the damage caused in the 9 years of their tenure, that is a good enough reason, you don't need detailed reason to see the obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread