Your Ideas On Moving The Club Forward (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It seems that there is a lot of bickering and arguing on other threads over certain ideas to get the owners to pack their bags and leave.

The purpose of this thread is for you all to put your ideas forward on how you think the club can move back in the right direction from here. I imagine this will include plans to oust the owners, but if it doesn't please feel free to post alternatives which include them as part of the future too.

Let's not turn this into a slanging match. The club is on its arse, and the reality of it dying for good is pretty serious. Collectively we do have power and a voice that we can use as a fan base, but I think to be effective we need to work as a team to be able to get anywhere. Ideally, this thread can be used to pitch your suggestions on how we move forward as a club, and positively improve others ideas if you want. Hopefully something good can come out of this. I'll go first:

We fill the stadium for one game, pack it to the rafters. The week after, there is a one match boycott. The purpose of this is to show our current owners the potential we do have if they get it right, and to show them what can happen if they continue to get it wrong. It can get national (and maybe wider) coverage which can also be used as a tool to attract any other potential new owners out there who may be looking for an investment opportunity.

harvey098

Really lovely idea but sadly wouldn't happen no matter what backing and coverage it got. As I mentioned on another thread we couldn't even get over 20,000 people to sign the online petition which is free and takes 20 seconds... there is no way we would get over 20,000 people to buy a ticket and then equally, you wont get a total boycott the following match because there will always be the core that will go whatever.

I think making SISU scared is the only way they will leave. I am not advocating violence or threats but in my view their personal safety is the only thing that would make them leave.

Nick

Administrator
Get some decent PR / Marketing. Could spend hours with reasons and ideas, but that would be a decent start.

Nick

Administrator
I am not advocating violence or threats but in my view their personal safety is the only thing that would make them leave.

Really?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

skybluebeduff

Start with Fisher to show evidence that the extra revenue from ticket sales e.c.t would be used towards improving the team, which thus far, has never been the case.

no_loyalty

Consult with some fan groups from Italian clubs, they never seem to have a problem removing owners from their clubs

matesx

I think making SISU scared is the only way they will leave. I am not advocating violence or threats but in my view their personal safety is the only thing that would make them leave.

wtf?!

skybluebeduff

Really lovely idea but sadly wouldn't happen no matter what backing and coverage it got. As I mentioned on another thread we couldn't even get over 20,000 people to sign the online petition which is free and takes 20 seconds... there is no way we would get over 20,000 people to buy a ticket and then equally, you wont get a total boycott the following match because there will always be the core that will go whatever.

We should be looking to make national news for the right reasons, not the wrong reasons. It is a threat if you want to threaten somebody's personal safety...

I could of used the £299 I saved on a ST on paying for an assassin, like many others, but it's a bit deranged wouldn't you say?

ajsccfc

I'm not advocating shooting anyone, but I think aiming a gun and propelling a bullet at someone would really hurt

Otis

I'm not advocating shooting anyone, but I think aiming a gun and propelling a bullet at someone would really hurt
Yeah, no-one is advocating shooting.

A rocket launcher or a handful or grenades would be fine.

shy_tall_knight

Even if SISU chuck in the keys, we are left with a club with virtually no infrastructure required to try to negotiate with WASPS and a potentially hostile council to try to create a future. Unfortunately there is no practical way of moving the club forward.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Even if SISU chuck in the keys, we are left with a club with virtually no infrastructure required to try to negotiate with WASPS and a potentially hostile council to try to create a future. Unfortunately there is no practical way of moving the club forward.

The thing is, i'd say SISU aren't going to build the infrastructure anyway, so surely a fresh pair of hands at the helm would have a better chance? The council may also be open to negotiations from someone new, as they have seemingly blacklisted SISU already (understandably).

I know it feels there is no way out, but there must be. From what you're saying it suggests even more that this answer does not lie with SISU as the future. Therefore, isn't it a case of getting them to leave, and getting a better replacement in?

christonabike

1. Play ratatat ginger on Fishers house
2. Give him a Chinese burn
3. Send take aways round his gaff
4. Make silent calls on his phone at 4 am
5. Buy a voodoo doll and stick pins in it before nailing it to his front door
6. Let his tyres down on his car
7. Put dog shit under the handles of his car at night (So in the morning het gets it all over his hands)
8. Put the dog shit through his letter box
9. Put a horses head in his bed
10. Send a plastic gun through the post (Not one of those sheriff type ones tho!
11. Cut his clothes line when its wash day....................

Those will have him packing!:woot:

dongonzalos

Should never even be discussed

harvey098

Yes, why not?

We could send death threats through the post, slash their car tyres, put shitbombs through their letterboxes, follow their kids to school, that sort of thing.

Do you have trouble reading? I didn't say we should, in fact I quite clearly expressed that I was NOT advocating that but it is the only correct hypethetical answer to the question of "what would make SISU leave?". Obviously I would rather have shit owners than commit acts that other clubs fans have done to force owners out (I.e Luton)

dongonzalos

The owners need to accept the legal action is unwinable.
It also seems both the council and Wasps are prepared to see it out as well without paying out. So there is no point assuming attrition will win the day.
Wasps don't look like they are going anywhere for the next 10-25 years
So waiting on them to go bust looks pointless as well.
So with that in mind and the fact the legal action is just irritating them.
Use Damien Collins as mediator get their arses round the table ASAP.
Secure a 20 year deal at the Ricoh under the best terms possible. Try and get Moon (whoever) to also invest in the club as part of the deal i.e. Purchasing some shares. Hence Wasps then have an interest in ensuring it is the best possible deal for CCFC as they will want both Wasps and CCFC to excel.

skybluebeduff

Surely the hostility is towards the owners who have dragged them into courts, more than having hostility towards a football club who were born in the city in 1883?

italiahorse

Its SISU not the club that people won't deal with.
Get rid of Sisu and we have half a chance.

Otis

Do you have trouble reading? I didn't say we should, in fact I quite clearly expressed that I was NOT advocating that but it is the only correct hypethetical answer to the question of "what would make SISU leave?". Obviously I would rather have shit owners than commit acts that other clubs fans have done to force owners out (I.e Luton)
Nope, can read just fine, thanks.

Did you for a single second believe I was being serious? If so, that is a worry. :)

SkyBlueZack

Not sure we can rely on the council to be more helpful. Think that notion went when Wasps moved here. They are the favoured team. Moving forwards with SISU would be difficult. The plan would need to be the same regardless of owner. The club for the sanity of the fans in future needs to be self sustainable. We can't be beholden to debts and end up with vultures picking at what's left. For that to happen, an infastructure needs to be built. With that in mind, if Ryton could be sold and a new training ground and/or academy base is built of superior quality it would be a positive. If there was any money left to help cover losses so a player could be kept that would be even better.

The club needs to improve it's communication and marketing, it needs to attract supporters back and create a positive atmosphere. The club needs to explain where the money is needed and spent. It needs to clarify the breakeven point and advise fans that if it is hit, players can be kept, even if none are coming in. This allows stability of squad. Also allows to reach a better value for players as there is no necessity to sell. The club needs to ensure it's scouting system is finding players to improve the current squad and develop other players to replace those sold. When selling players, if at breakeven the club needs to ensure they keep a contingency fund. The club needs to safeguard itself at all times. The growth needs to be consistent.

None of this is easy to do of course, particuarly with SISU in charge. We should at the same time be wary of any new owners coming in. For it to happen, it needs someone with the drive and determination to ensure the highest standards are maintained in all aspects of the club. With a pinch of luck too.

Esoterica

1. Play ratatat ginger on Fishers house
2. Give him a Chinese burn
3. Send take aways round his gaff
4. Make silent calls on his phone at 4 am
5. Buy a voodoo doll and stick pins in it before nailing it to his front door
6. Let his tyres down on his car
7. Put dog shit under the handles of his car at night (So in the morning het gets it all over his hands)
8. Put the dog shit through his letter box
9. Put a horses head in his bed
10. Send a plastic gun through the post (Not one of those sheriff type ones tho!
11. Cut his clothes line when its wash day....................

Those will have him packing!:woot:
Well that's Friday sorted, what will we do on other days?

Kingokings204

I will keep this post fairly short but I'm afraid the only way to rebuild and climb again is without sisu. As long as they are here we are only going down and yes I do mean conference level.

Once they go we have a chance to build again and fans will come back and things will generally be better especially if we hit the jackpot with owners who care and invest in our club.

Until then we have a battle to get back control of our club and must suffer many more defeats and probably relegation while sisu have us. As Danny Kelly said on talksport a few weeks ago a journalist I heavily admire he said "once these vultures go because they will in the end then you as fans must be there to pick coventry back up and bring it back to its former glory, until then you must suffer the pain"

Great quote

Captain Dart

SISU know they can let the club sink lower as their are no realistic local competitors.
They don't give a damn about the fan experience I think they will just let the club stagnate provided it doesn't cost them money.

I don't want owners like that.

skybluebeduff

Interesting that within 45mins of this being posted as a poll on Facebook, the majority so far what this:

capture-png.6045

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    105.1 KB · Views: 148

shy_tall_knight

Its SISU not the club that people won't deal with.
Get rid of Sisu and we have half a chance.

But the council clearly favour WASPS, if our long term future is away from the Ricoh Butts or an alternative site, would they actively support it as it inceases the risk of WASPS failing and also confirms to the Coventry public that even after SISU have gone there was no future for CCFC at the Ricoh as tenants. Most of the Coventry public think its all SISU's fault and when they've gone WASPS will cut us a great deal.

Moff

New owners would move it forward for me, a Council that supports CCFC, the lease of the Stadium, and Wasps buggering back to wherever in London they can go.

Manchester_sky_blue

I just think someone has to back down. If SISU offered to drop all the legal action in exchange for a proper consultation with the Council about solving our Stadium issues i think that would go a long way towards resolving some key issues. Trouble is it won't happen.

fernandopartridge

PR / Marketing might work for mass market products, it won't work for something like a football team.

The absolute key is to improve the product itself. It doesn't necessarily mean getting rid of SISU, but I can't deny doing so would probably see some bounce of optimism.

Users who are viewing this thread