Your Ideas On Moving The Club Forward (1 Viewer)

Colin Steins Smile

The club needs to rediscover the approach that was used during the 1960's. A clear strategic vision that is seen to being realised and including positive community engagement and partnership working across a wide range of sectors.
Given the toxic relationships between our owners and almost everyone else in the region, then it's impossible for progress with them in place. If/when a new ownership team takes control, they will need to give all the key stakeholders confidence that they can work cooperatively.
If the new owners can show this positive approach, then we will be need to challenge to CCC et al, to reciprocate. It's in all partners interests to have a successful football team, due to the revenues it generates for the businesses in the City.

Nick

Administrator
Not many are interested in likes, what do they achieve? I've never asked to get my old ones added on since you changed the site, because I don't care.

It's not worrying at all, they see the damage caused in the 9 years of their tenure, that is a good enough reason, you don't need detailed reason to see the obvious.
You kind of need to know who it's starving?

Last 9 years doesn't mean sisu would be starved.

Gazolba

The only way forward is for us to get a better team and a better manager, start winning, moving up the table bringing the crowds back, thus increasing our income. It's difficult to see any of that happening under the current owners and the current atmosphere surrounding the club. Maybe we can luck into a manager/recruiter with an unerring sense of the unknown talented player who no-one else has noticed and who is happy to play at a struggling L1 club and is available for peanuts.

Brylowes

The two things the club needs most IMHO are.
1. Owners that care about the club, that doesn't necessarily mean they love CCFC,
They could be here to make money, so long as they know what they are doing.
Have a clear plan of where they want to take the club, include the fans with what
They're doing.
2. The investment to make (the above) possible.

weecohawena

you have to force the owners to liquidate or sell. If that means making life uncomfortable for SISU, Seppala and Fisher etc then thats what should happen.

fernandopartridge

I look at this quite differently. What kind of new owner would I want? One who can only pay £1 for the club or one who don't really care if the price is £10mio or even more?

I prefer one who has the money to pay the price and with more to invest.

That kind of owner want a club with a strong identity and a loyal customer base. A club on the up is much easier to sell and desirable to buy than a club heading for obscurity.

So maybe we should look beyond the hate to sisu and start showing our love to the club. We can't really hurt sisu, but we can support the team. Last time we really went on the barricades in sisu-out-campaign rel 1.0 we were relegated. We are replicating that now, but in the process we are losing the opportunity to attract the Russian/Chinese billionaire who want the club as a vanity project.

Just my thought.
I've tried this argument a few times. It'll fall in deaf ears because Bob a Mob who doesn't go anyway has said starving 'them' out is the best plan.

fernandopartridge

What evidence do you base these figure on?

By chance, how much increase in crowds was they when SISU first arrived?
The assumption is that we'd still be in league 1. No suggestion that we'd be higher up the pyramid. Therefore, as a bottom 3 team in league 1, I would suggest our gates would max 10K or so average.

robbiekeane

It seems that there is a lot of bickering and arguing on other threads over certain ideas to get the owners to pack their bags and leave.

The purpose of this thread is for you all to put your ideas forward on how you think the club can move back in the right direction from here. I imagine this will include plans to oust the owners, but if it doesn't please feel free to post alternatives which include them as part of the future too.

Let's not turn this into a slanging match. The club is on its arse, and the reality of it dying for good is pretty serious. Collectively we do have power and a voice that we can use as a fan base, but I think to be effective we need to work as a team to be able to get anywhere. Ideally, this thread can be used to pitch your suggestions on how we move forward as a club, and positively improve others ideas if you want. Hopefully something good can come out of this. I'll go first:

We fill the stadium for one game, pack it to the rafters. The week after, there is a one match boycott. The purpose of this is to show our current owners the potential we do have if they get it right, and to show them what can happen if they continue to get it wrong. It can get national (and maybe wider) coverage which can also be used as a tool to attract any other potential new owners out there who may be looking for an investment opportunity.
I like this idea

Brylowes

The assumption is that we'd still be in league 1. No suggestion that we'd be higher up the pyramid. Therefore, as a bottom 3 team in league 1, I would suggest our gates would max 10K or so average.
But why would you assume that, other teams similar to us got different ownership
At around the same time, we seem to have faired worse than most.
Or were you just answering the question as if they were new owners in name only,
Made all the same decisions as SISU, got us to the same current position as SISU,
But different name, I get what you mean now.:angelic:

fernandopartridge

But why would you assume that, other teams similar to us got different ownership
At around the same time, we seem to have faired worse than most.
Or were you just answering the question as if they were new owners in name only,
Made all the same decisions as SISU, got us to the same current position as SISU,
But different name, I get what you mean now.:angelic:
No. Like I've said. We're a league 1 team with new owners. The numbers of fans who have been 'boycotting due to SISU alone' aren't that high they are just noisy. Plenty of others are fair-weather. Where's the evidence that gates would rise even 50%?

Brylowes

No. Like I've said. We're a league 1 team with new owners. The numbers of fans who have been 'boycotting due to SISU alone' aren't that high they are just noisy. Plenty of others are fair-weather. Where's the evidence that gates would rise even 50%?
Fair enough, but I think a change of ownership would see us get an initial
Rise in gates, whether that could be maintained or even built up, would
Depend on the way they set about doing things.

shmmeee

Fickleness runs both ways to be fair. There's always been a large chunk of fairweathers who would turn up at a sniff of success. A new stadium added about 30%, previous promotions about the same. I think a 20-30% increase on news of new owners with a plan for success is a reasonable projection. More importantly would be if we started challenging up the top of the division, then I could see some serious increases.

But yeah, there will be no noticeable increase from any end of a Sisu boycott, we know this because there was no noticeable difference when it started. We've lost fans at roughly the same rate we always have when we haven't had a successful season, even Northampton didn't have a lasting impact really.

Manchester_sky_blue

Why would they do that? It's not realistic to expect them to drop any sort of bargaining tool, especially to a council who has never ever tried to do the club a single favour.

They won't do it, that's the point, but you must realise we are in a stalemate situation. It will only change if someone offers an olive branch. Any talk of new owners coming in to extricate us from the mire is just wishful thinking.

italiahorse

If new rational owners of CCFC s that there is no future as tenants of WASPS and that they need their own stadium CCC will be in an awkward position as they have facilitated the WASPS move and actively promoted them since they arrived. CCC will be seen to have helped engineer a situation where the football club needs a new ground for its long term survival contrary to their harmonious vision of CCFC being happy tenants to a London rugby club.
They have no choice but to be tenants at the moment, so get the fighting out the way and then get a 10 year running deal.
We will know if it's working and it will take the best part of 10 years to plan and build a new stadium if required.

ccfcway

We fill the stadium for one game, pack it to the rafters. The week after, there is a one match boycott. The purpose of this is to show our current owners the potential we do have if they get it right, and to show them what can happen if they continue to get it wrong. It can get national (and maybe wider) coverage which can also be used as a tool to attract any other potential new owners out there who may be looking for an investment opportunity.

I've said this before and think its a great idea.

Sadly, its gone too far. We couldn't fill the place and a couple of thousand would want to attend the boycott game. We are divided as to what to do. The longer that continues, the longer the slow death continues

Users who are viewing this thread