Your expectations for tonight? (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

For me, i would be disappointed if we lost but as we are playing currently i can't see us winning. So for me i would be content with a 1-1 draw. :D

smileycov

Facebook User
2 - 0 or 2 - 1 cov. I think we will play better at home and Barton will love the bigger pitch and the fact we may have the ball more.

hamil99

Facebook User
2 conditions need to be fulfilled for me tonite, A- Don't lose. B-we have to score. Be it a win or draw after that, I'd be happy.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
We need to win. Look at them as a poor championship side rather than a top league 1 side. We can beat any team in this league.

TommyZoom

A win would be good to perhaps stamp a little authority onto this league, also it would be a major confidence booster to the players beating one of the 'favoured' clubs in this division.

Tad

Give them hell. Leave nothing off the pitch. If we do that, win or lose, I'll be happy.

Ashdown

The fans have to treat this like we are the underdogs and get behind the team in the manner they would if we were playing a Prem team. Sheff Utd are favourites for this league and will be right up there at the end. Every tackle and pass we complete should be applauded and cheered, its the only way we will be able to go forward. We are an average side but could still do well if the fans moderate their expectation levels. At Yeovil our fans were largely poor because they saw only a big win as a good result and got on the players backs when it became apparent it wasn't a walkover !!

Gaz

I'll be disappointed if we lose as I would allways with any game.
What i'll be happy with though is if we put in a good performance which gives me hope that the team are going to play well together this season.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Nothing less than a win tonight. This is what I always expect from CCFC. Sod being happy with a draw! that's 2 points dropped ffs! Come the end of the season, we could be looking at the points total and be thinking, "If only we won that game against so-and-so instead of sitting back on that draw (*sigh*). Now we're being relegated yet again."
Sorry guys. Being happy with a draw is defeatist talk. It's never 1 point gained. (Unless it's an away game against a top premiership team!)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think as much as anything I am looking for a good performance, playing on the front foot higher up the pitch, putting Sheff Utd under pressure in their half. There has to be confidence and tempo to our game, good movement and crisp passing. Do that and I think we can get at least a draw

Am i confident of that ........ not really

Ashdown

The biggest danger to our not succeeding is lack of firepower.................God help us if anything happens to McDonald and we are left with the rest !!

ajsccfc

I think football will be the real winner, and I just hope both sets of teams have a jolly good go and have oodles of fun doing it, what what.

WestEndAgro

We must not lose this game, it's vital we keep a unbeaten at home record going for as long as possible, it's all about gaining momentum, and keeping it going.
I suggest a narrow win, but will take a draw.

aodea

We will win tonight. First home game players will be well up for it and i predict we will start bit slow but really grow into the game. barton and Mcdonald will be key. 2-0 the sky Blues. one either side of the half.

thechase

Exactly what I've been trying to put across, Bulko! Sod being happy with a draw! :mad:

Id be happy with a draw doesnt mean i want us to though. I dont consider myself defeatist either. Your attitude appears to be go to win at all costs and potentially lose the game, therefore ending up with no points rather than the 1 we could get.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Nothing less than a win tonight. This is what I always expect from CCFC. Sod being happy with a draw! that's 2 points dropped ffs! Come the end of the season, we could be looking at the points total and be thinking, "If only we won that game against so-and-so instead of sitting back on that draw (*sigh*). Now we're being relegated yet again."
Sorry guys. Being happy with a draw is defeatist talk. It's never 1 point gained. (Unless it's an away game against a top premiership team!)
I agree, there is always more to be gained by going for the win than there is to lose

However although I would be disappointed with a draw it wouldn't be the end of the world

oakey

IMO we are much better when we have a positive attacking intent. Need to go all out for win tonight. A defeat or draw is much easier to take if you know your side went for it... And a defeat so early on would be easier to get over than one later in the season.

bulkoskyblue

Id be happy with a draw doesnt mean i want us to though. I dont consider myself defeatist either. Your attitude appears to be go to win at all costs and potentially lose the game, therefore ending up with no points rather than the 1 we could get.

Houchens Head is spot on, we surely should only be happy with a win? we are the home side, we are in league 1 now, not the Prem or Championship, we should only be happy if we win games, especially at home, no matter who we face?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Think you misunderstand what I'm saying. If we were behind 2 or 3 nil and ended up drawing the game then yes, I'd be really pleased, but to be happy for a draw BEFORE the bloody game has even kicked off, THAT is defeatist talk! If we went out all guns blazing and totally bamboozled the opposition and ended up losing, then I would feel that at least we gave it a good go and showed them how to play. But I repeat, I do not believe thinking about a draw before the game, would be a good result. It's still always 2 points dropped.

chiefdave

We should be looking to win all our home games but having said that I'm not going to go into a meltdown if we get a draw. After the weekend i dread to think what it will like on here if we don't win. We really need to lose this attitude that we should be rolling over every other team in the league. We're in this division for a reason not by mistake and it's going to be a hell of a battle to get out of it. Think we'll see plenty of scrappy games. For me we're looking to at least stay in touch with the top 6 till Xmas and then go from there. Maybe get in a couple more loans if finance allows in Jan and push on for promotion.

CCFC_Charlie

A win would be good but if we don't win then it's not the worst thing in the world, Sheffield Wednesday (WLL) and Huddersfield (DDD) didn't have the best of starts last season

skybluedaze

For me, i would be disappointed if we lost but as we are playing currently i can't see us winning. So for me i would be content with a 1-1 draw. :D

Draw wouldn't be a bad result against one of the best teams in the league. Although i do think Cov will win.....just.

Users who are viewing this thread