Your Choice of Manager? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Gary Mcallister? Good God no. He was bloody awful.

dongonzalos

If AT failed to get us in the play offs with this squad, at the sane time if Gary Johnson keeps Yeovil up. Then that would be my man.

Grendel

If AT failed to get us in the play offs with this squad, at the sane time if Gary Johnson keeps Yeovil up. Then that would be my man.

He turned us down once. We should have then made him an offer he could not refuse. I wonder if he has peaked and is now on a slight downward curve, I always thought that with Adams.

Still as it stands he is 10 times the manager thorn will ever be.

LJC_CCFC

He turned us down once. We should have then made him an offer he could not refuse. I wonder if he has peaked and is now on a slight downward curve, I always thought that with Adams.

Gary Johnson a man who failed at both Peterbrough and northampton, it would defo be Wisey. However it would most likely be Gary megson a manager fans love to hate

wingy

When they were both in the technical on Saturday it was like "Twins":facepalm:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Are all the players we signed doing it for nothing to help us out?

Fair play, I used to think footballers were mercenary bastards only interested in the money.

Well done to them I say.
Covered by the exits of big earners such as Clingan, Cranie, Eastwood and the sales of Gael and Keogh

Macca

We should have kept Mcallister. He wasn't t given time for the players to gel and we should have stopped the management merry go round

Grendel

We should have kept Coleman, time to gel, management merry go round etc

I'd say we should have kept Peter Reid. Poor old Reidy - if only he had perfected the cheery wave......

RichieGunns

Gary Mac was a crap manager. As for Black, give it a rest! Let's stop looking backwards. I'm not sayiing anything on your "inevitable" comment.

Fair shout on Gary Mac then.

As for Black i wouldn't deem that stepping backwards. I think he was a very raw manager at the time but he showed promise. With the years that have past since his sacking, id say he's probably picked up a lot more experience. But i wont argue the point anymore.

And as for my 'inevitable'comment, i said 'If the Inevitable were to happen'...notice the if? But your right...inevitable isn't the right work. Maybe should i have just said "If he were to be fired" ;)

RichieGunns

It's not really a debate. It's a hypothetical 'if Thorn got sacked' type thread, rather than 'let's sack Thorn and replace him with x'. I think.

Spot on...exactly what i started this thread for...a hypothetical discussion on who we would like if they were interested...and a little bit of fantasty mixed in too for fun as NLHWC said lol

So on the fantasy side i'd have to go with Sir Alex or Mourinio lol

RichieGunns

I'd say we should have kept Peter Reid. Poor old Reidy - if only he had perfected the cheery wave......

Oh God no...i despised that man :/

From the start i felt he was the wrong choice as a manager for our club.

Glad he was sacked in the end...the only bad thing about his sacking was that it continued to merry go round :/

Obviously thats my opinion though ;)

Grendel

Martin180

Did someone really mention Dennis Wise ? A truly terrible manager .
2-3 years ago i advocated Poyet ,Clark and Adkins before Hoofrotd got the job

Now i would suggest only one name - Paul Tisdale

Tisdale is a maverick and has worked miracles at Exeter and Bath City ,give him a "bigger" club like ours and lets see what he can do

Sick Boy

Did someone really mention Dennis Wise ? A truly terrible manager .

Can you explain?

Millwall- Win Ratio: 40%

Swindon Town- Win Ratio: 53%

Leeds United- Win Ratio: 47%

Hardly terrible, is it?

Tisdale would be a decent should as well though!

Last edited:

Martin180

Post stats when Poyet wasnt part of the Wise management and you will see how bad he was ,leeds fans laugh at his name now and his tenure at Newcastle was not the best either

Total chancer

skyblueman

I think the majority on here feel pretty good about the squad Thorn has assembled and under the financial constraints and agenda from the owners to sell anyone who's worth anything he has to be given credit for that.

Only a few games in and OK not brilliant but could have been better with a bit of luck - certainly could have been a lot worse - so OK start so far

Always maintained Thorn needs a dozen or so matches to get it on track and make a challenge on this league - we have some theoretically easier games coming up which will either make or break him as a manager - given where we are and the fans frustration he won't be given any longer than that - maybe unfair but that's football

So still tricking the boxes for me on the signings and deal making - jury's out on the management and tactics of game-play ad player management

If it's looking poor 12 games in then regrettably I would have to say he needs to go and we need to bring in a manager who knows what he's doing on the pitch - motivating the players to get them to give all they can - playing the right formation given the opposition and players in all the right positions - for me this is where AT let's himself down and will probably be his undoing

So new manager with a good squad already at his disposal would work for me - a character like Wise - much as I never really took to him - could make that key difference

Users who are viewing this thread