Your Choice of Manager? (1 Viewer)

RichieGunns

I know they'res another thread on this but i can't for the life of me find it so i thought i'd post a new one.

Now i was thinking about this if the inevitable were to happen and Thorn was kicked. IF we were lucky and they actually looked to managers outside the club (aka not Shaw or Carsley) then who would you hope would be interested (based on current active managers in the game).

Now I actually think Roland Nilsson would be a good person to have in the dug out. When he was around, he always had a good head on him and he's familair with the club and its surroundings. Add city old boys Shaw and Carsley as his backroom staff and i'd think we'd be onto something.

Another candidate for me would be Eric Black. In his short period at the club as Manager he showed he could do the job. Yeh he was a little raw at the time but he's had a good few years now to notch up experience in the game and i'd like to see him come back and actually be given a good crack at the whip this time.

Another name i thought about was Gary McAllister who was another lad that i thought would do well but due to the untimely death of his wife had to walk away. I'd give him another crack at the whip if the situation came around. He's also got that City old boy feel once more which is something i wouldn't say no too.

And then just because i thought of the names Dave Jones, Mick McCarthy & Neil Warnock. Only problems with these three are that Warnock is currently Leeds manager, McCarthy wants to manage in the Premiership and Jones is currently Sheffield Wednesday's Manager and all would command high wages to draw them to our club.

There's nothing to say that Black, Nilsson and McAllister wouldn't be the same but I'm just throwing out some names here and wandered what everyone else thought?

Nonleagueherewecome

Says Roland Nilsson...

Sky Blues

We have no money, so any manager already in work for a team in a higher division, or out of work but expecting to work in one of the top two divisions, is not a viable option.

Nonleagueherewecome

Hey i want a job man ;) F.C. Copenhagen screwed me over and ive had to sit on my ass for the past 7 months waiting for something else to come along!

So dam right im gonna plug myself :D

I'd give you another go, you were doing OK until Jim Smith ruined everything!

Diehard Si

Might as well ask which Barcelona player other than Messi we would like to sign. Bit of fun, but completely pointless.

RichieGunns

I'd give you another go, you were doing OK until Jim Smith ruined everything!

You know i tried! I took over from Gorden after he resigned and i continued to play and we even topped to Division 1 for a while but then things just didn't work out. So i retire as a player to put more time on my management skills and what do they do...they fire me!

I year they gave me! Just the one. But i've got experience now. I can do it! Just gotta convince them that i can make a difference this time ;)

RichieGunns

Dave Jones, as if he'd leave high flying Wednesday for us? Jesus christ.

It's a hypothetical question renforced by my sentence which went something like this:

who would you hope would be interested

And i did say that i threw Jones' name in purly because i thought about it at the time. I never said he'd actually be interested.

It's all based on the word hope or to put it better "IF they were interested".

So don't bite my head off because you didn't properly understand what id said.

pointless exersise we wont be getting one from outside the club

And its only pointless if you make it pointless by not posting what managers you'd like to come to the club...saying its pointless does not progress the thread.

Yeah we're dealing in fantasy here but its not a bad thing to think about it is it?

Dennis Wise, he would take no shit off anyone and the supporters already respect him.

Ah didn't think about Wise. Yeh i'd have him in a heartbeat. Good player, good mind and respected :) Couldn't ask for a better all round person to manage City :)

Last edited:

Grendel

Wise and Shaw together would possibly be a winning formation. He actually has an excellent management record.

RichieGunns

I really hope thorn delivers top 6 this season..won't be many threads on this forum then will there

I do too.

I made this thread to see what people thought.

It doesn't mean i hope it will.

I might get exasperated with the man but i think given the right chance he'll come through.

So here's to a top 6 finish and promotion *Cheers* :D

torchomatic

Gary Mac was a crap manager. As for Black, give it a rest! Let's stop looking backwards. I'm not sayiing anything on your "inevitable" comment.

Another name i thought about was Gary McAllister who was another lad that i thought would do well but due to the untimely death of his wife had to walk away. I'd give him another crack at the whip if the situation came around. He's also got that City old boy feel once more which is something i wouldn't say no too.

Nonleagueherewecome

So it's nothing to do with reality and possibility, purely who would we would most like to see as City manager?

Jose Mourinho please :)

Greggs

The 1st premier league manager to lose his job

CJparker

Why is this even being debated??? We are unbeaten and Thorn is doing a good job, I just don't get it

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why is this even being debated??? We are unbeaten and Thorn is doing a good job, I just don't get it
We haven't yet won in the league

I think Thorn should be given a chance early season but if any of these managers were remotely interested it would be a no brainer for me

JulianDarbyFTW

It's not really a debate. It's a hypothetical 'if Thorn got sacked' type thread, rather than 'let's sack Thorn and replace him with x'. I think.

Colonel Mustard

Why is this even being debated???

Because it is a messageboard. About a football team. Whose manager is unsuccessful.

We are unbeaten

An unhealthy deflection. We haven't won, and winning is what counts. The lack of winning is what cost us last year.

and Thorn is doing a good job

No he is not. You can say what you like about his "potential", what he could do with X, Y and Z, how he needs more time...but any objective observer would not say he has done a good job to date.

Bugsy

im not a thorn hater but looking at sheff utd game he did play 1 or 2 out of position, still deserves a chance thou plus he knows betta than me... if i had a choice it would have to be billy davies, :claping hands:

Grendel

Qualify doing a good job? He has the worst record of any manager in this league. Whatever you say no-one can say he is doing a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread