You don't get anywhere by burying your head in the sand (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Just a question, and I’m interested in your thoughts on this... is the lack of synergy because there are other agendas going on in the background - or is that a bad take from reading too much into social media posts and past actions?
It's shite communication.

Half the groups were formed during Sixfields, because people got impatient at lack of protesting, but really all it does is end up lots of split efforts and no unified voice.

I appreciate we've just added to that ;) but hey, if the consequence is people realise the need to work together more effectively, there might be something out of it after all.

letsallsingtogether

I think it could have worked, despite the late notice, if the trust had got fully involved and really pushed it. To be blunt, I think their response to this was piss poor. Change is needed at the trust if they are to ever be truly representative of the fans.
Change is needed but you have to be careful and not just go from far left to far right, a middle ground is required.

shmmeee

Just a question, and I’m interested in your thoughts on this... is the lack of synergy because there are other agendas going on in the background - or is that a bad take from reading too much into social media posts and past actions?

No. You’ve just got the modern disease of thinking everything’s a conspiracy or a secret plot.

We’re a small L1 club, not Westeros. It’s mostly just idiots being idiots and people pissed off with the whole thing. Hanlons Razor always applies.

Getting into all the tin foil bollocks is what prevents action as well because everything is seen through the “yeah but what’s their agenda?” lens and provides ready excuses for inaction.

(Cue Nick with his lady doth protest too much shtick to prove my point)

Nick

Administrator
No. You’ve just got the modern disease of thinking everything’s a conspiracy or a secret plot.

We’re a small L1 club, not Westeros. It’s mostly just idiots being idiots and people pissed off with the whole thing. Hanlons Razor always applies.

Getting into all the tin foil bollocks is what prevents action as well because everything is seen through the “yeah but what’s their agenda?” lens and provides ready excuses for inaction.

If we are a small L1 club, why did acl splash out on an expensive pr company?

It's weird how desperate you are to push conspiracy over and over again every time its mentioned. It's pretty much all you seem to have about you nowadays.

As for conspiracy, didn't you come on here posting that I get free season tickets and that your dad won't come on here because I'm linked with sisu? Funny that that one side shmmeee is being ironic again.

Sky Blue Harry H

Hanlons Razor always applies.

I thought that Hanlon's Razor suggests may be malicious, but may not be malicious, so cannot always apply - as it can't be both. Unless I'm overthinking it.

Having thought about it, perhaps I was underthinking it and I'm an idiot.
Never mention Hanlon's Razor again

Last edited:

clint van damme

You honestly think there isn't stuff that's been going on in the last week that isn't agenda driven?
The timing of the news about the complaint to the EC, the person who the story was broke through and the attempt to make it look like some cracking piece of investigative journalism for starters.

Then people who were going on the protest getting contacted via social media stating involved parties are worried about how it could turn out, the Telegraph lying about protestors going in to the Wasps game, Eastwood wanting to meet CCFC supporters groups and finally today the man who last week was Coventrys answer to Bob Woodward now says he can's ask wasps if he thinks they should pay money back to the citys tax payers if the state aid complaint is upheld. No agenda at all.

Nick

Administrator
You honestly think there isn't stuff that's been going on in the last week that isn't agenda driven?
The timing of the news about the complaint to the EC, the person who the story was broke through and the attempt to make it look like some cracking piece of investigative journalism for starters.

Then people who were going on the protest getting contacted via social media stating involved parties are worried about how it could turn out, the Telegraph lying about protestors going in to the Wasps game, Eastwood wanting to meet CCFC supporters groups and finally today the man who last week was Coventrys answer to Bob Woodward now says he can's ask wasps if he thinks they should pay money back to the citys tax payers if the state aid complaint is upheld. No agenda at all.

He has nothing other than to just say "Its a conspiracy". Maybe he should stop to think why somebody is feeding him things like me having a free season and links to SISU.;)

It's exactly the type of shit those weird social media accounts push:

The best thing about it is that for years it's been "sisu payroll", "sisu apologist" but now the same people are actively trying their hardest to defend Wasps / CCC and have no actual interest in CCFC.

Still, it's all made up :)

RoboCCFC90

He has nothing other than to just say "Its a conspiracy". Maybe he should stop to think why somebody is feeding him things like me having a free season and links to SISU.;)

It's exactly the type of shit those weird social media accounts push:

The best thing about it is that for years it's been "sisu payroll", "sisu apologist" but now the same people are actively trying their hardest to defend Wasps / CCC and have no actual interest in CCFC.

Still, it's all made up :)

I love that John Stretton account, three times I have challenged it with factual information and never had a response.

Just a WUM account clearly.

Nick

Administrator
I love that John Stretton account, three times I have challenged it with factual information and never had a response.

Just a WUM account clearly.

Oh yeah, it's the same as all the others. It just pipes up to say particular things when anybody says anything about the Council. Ironic that their favourite line is "SISU apologists"

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Agree with most of this however I think it was Boddy who did the contacting

clint van damme

Contacting who - I’m confused

people or person who was expressing interest in protesting Saturday. The information made it in to the PSB WhatsApp group. If may not even be true but that in itself would be someone pursuing an agenda!

shepardo01

The PSB group said Boddy contacted them to ask that there was no trouble at the protest as it might impact talks with Wasps.
I was part of their whatsapp group as I had also expressed interest through them it stated - "Boddy has contacted an associate of ours and is worried we might pitch invade, I've assure them we wont"

I asked the question "re Boddy and pitch invasion statement, does he think there may still be chance of a deal?" this was 9:16 pm Friday night. I did not get a response - however, we all know what rumours came out on Saturday re parties still talking.

Hope that helps....

ajsccfc

That John Stretton account is like a ghoul awakened from centuries of sleep to feast, but without the likeability.

Users who are viewing this thread