You don't get anywhere by burying your head in the sand (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Right so...

Let's not pull any punches, Saturday's protest attendance was rubbish. Fair play to those who did turn up, and it was good to put some faces to names. And yes, there was no publicity until very late on from the Trust, and that was half-hearted and yes, PSB didn't get any numbers whatsoever, and yes it was short notice so not really done properly.

But... still rubbish.

How can we then go to the Trust and say that well, without your support we got a fair old number, imagine what we *could* get?

How can we go to CCC and say that yes, the club may be moving but, there's clearly a groundswell among the Coventry public that means you've got to help us.

Will Wasps be worried about a protest kicking off, in the future? Will Wasps even care if there is a protest in the future?

We're in difficult times, and even if it's because we're all punch-drunk, it really doesn't bode well for the future of the club if the best we can manage is some half-arsed milling about outside a ground.

We really are shafted. It's still in our power to do something about it but, when the bickering stops, we really need to stand up and be counted. Otherwise, everything said on here is empty hot air with nothing behind it, nothing but vacuous words or false virtue.

C'mon now, let's be having you!

Liquid Gold

One thing that really worked last time was the march in the city centre. Something along those lines, planned for a Saturday in the summer so people can take the kids along, family members/friends not interested can do some shopping and the rest go on the march.

Something highly pro CCFc, not anti anything but with a message that we will not accept any party removing us from the city and we are uniting as a fanbase and they will all face consequences if the worst happens.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Thanks Delia - but joking aside, i agree with you. My "excuse" is that it's a 100 mile round trip for me to undertake the "half-arsed milling about", and i had an engagement on Saturday afternoon.

NorthernWisdom

Thanks Delia - but joking aside, i agree with you. My "excuse" is that it's a 100 mile round trip for me to undertake the "half-arsed milling about", and i had an engagement on Saturday afternoon.
As I said at the time, not going to beg, not going to plead. I also appreciate people have excuses - I flew out of work to make sure I got my bus, leaving papers fluttering down the stairs so I could get my bus but, miss that, and I'd have been struggling. I also still feel bad for pushing for a protest at Arsenal during the Northampton days... only to find I was on holiday myself when it happened :D

So yeah, people can have valid reasons. But I'll say this for Grendel, at least he was prepared to front up whatever he says on here and actually turn up. It's not like he's the only one who posts on here however. What it did show is we can all call each other twats (in Grendel and Tony's cases, repeatedly) but we've still got the club at heart.

Seems 12,000 other peoiple might be looking for something to do on a Saturday and were rehearsing a day gardening or in front of the telly in advance.

chiefdave

How can we then go to the Trust and say that well, without your support we got a fair old number, imagine what we *could* get?
Surely that's exactly what you say? A couple of people on a forum with 24 hours notice managed to put something together which got media coverage and a meeting with Nick Eastwood.

Nick

Administrator
Surely that's exactly what you say? A couple of people on a forum with 24 hours notice managed to put something together which got media coverage and a meeting with Nick Eastwood.

To be honest, NW and BHSB's part in it seems to have been overlooked. Maybe that's why?

shepardo01

My "worry" if that is the right word, is who is going to the meeting with Eastwood and what are they going to say!? Seems like it has been organised by PSB group yet I struggled to find any of them when there on Saturday.... as previously stated, everybody I spoke to was SBT

shepardo01

To be honest, NW and BHSB's part in it seems to have been overlooked. Maybe that's why?
Yes, as stated previously, I was on the PSB chat as I also forwarded my interest to them. But, everybody I spoke to was SBT (well done guys)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Need someone to tell me the secret handshake first or I won't get in.
giphy.gif

Grendel

Right so...

Let's not pull any punches, Saturday's protest attendance was rubbish. Fair play to those who did turn up, and it was good to put some faces to names. And yes, there was no publicity until very late on from the Trust, and that was half-hearted and yes, PSB didn't get any numbers whatsoever, and yes it was short notice so not really done properly.

But... still rubbish.

How can we go to CCC and say that yes, the club may be moving but, there's clearly a groundswell among the Coventry public that means you've got to help us.

Will Wasps be worried about a protest kicking off, in the future? Will Wasps even care if there is a protest in the future?

We're in difficult times, and even if it's because we're all punch-drunk, it really doesn't bode well for the future of the club if the best we can manage is some half-arsed milling about outside a ground.

We really are shafted. It's still in our power to do something about it but, when the bickering stops, we really need to stand up and be counted. Otherwise, everything said on here is empty hot air with nothing behind it, nothing but vacuous words or false virtue.

C'mon now, let's be having you!

The biggest problem actually is the lack of synergy between the groups

You’ve got several groups

The Trust
SBT
PSB (learned what P stood for today)
The leamington supporters group

I don’t count the idiot from the Jimmy Hill Way

So really there has to be an agreed co-ordinated strategy to get people on board and try and get on the same page

Sky Blue 1987

I think the problem was, as you say that it was very short notice and in my case and probably a lot of others, by the time I had checked in for an update on the latest posts on SBT it was too late to change plans as me and my girlfriend both work full time jobs, mine being 4 on 4 off with various start times, and we have three children in our family too so any time with them is cherished at the minute.

If all parties (as in SBT, PSB etc) could organise something with a couple of weeks notice instead and get it out to the media outlets then hopefully we can have something like the march again.

We as a family went to that, with my youngest in a pushchair and it was brilliant, felt like real unity! If I have enough notice I would make sure me and the family are there because this is a breaking point for our club and us as lifelong supporters

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I think the problem was, as you say that it was very short notice and in my case and probably a lot of others, by the time I had checked in for an update on the latest posts on SBT it was too late to change plans as me and my girlfriend both work full time jobs, mine being 4 on 4 off with various start times, and we have three children in our family too so any time with them is cherished at the minute.

If all parties (as in SBT, PSB etc) could organise something with a couple of weeks notice instead and get it out to the media outlets then hopefully we can have something like the march again.

We as a family went to that, with my youngest in a pushchair and it was brilliant, felt like real unity! If I have enough notice I would make sure me and the family are there because this is a breaking point for our club and us as lifelong supporters
Problem is the trust is resistant to any protest at wasps, Moz and CJ both tweeted about it, but they made sure that everyone knew it wasn’t a trust initiative

NorthernWisdom

The Trust
SBT

So really there has to be an agreed co-ordinated strategy to get people on board and try and get on the same page
I don't disagree with you. It was always the problem during Northampton that you never knew when the next Peoples' Front of Judea would spring up.

But, it's symptomatic of a general malaise, that there's a cry to inaction, that's readily embraced.

NorthernWisdom

Problem is the trust is resistant to any protest at wasps, Moz and CJ both tweeted about it, but they made sure that everyone knew it wasn’t a trust initiative
tbf, Moz turned up, and also tbf, at least had a go at whipping up some singing!

Also tbf, no problem whatsoever with CJ's twitter, which pushed it without quibble from an early stage. The Trust official account? Well, I'm less enthusiastic about those efforts!

That suggests that a wide church of opinions (as any organisation should have) struggles to move as swiftly as it maybe ought to.

Thing is... I'm also happy to go to the next Trust open meeting and discuss this with them. Again, I wonder who else would...? Things cannot change without communication that change would be welcome.

rob9872

I wish that I agreed with you and I applaud your efforts in trying and of anyone else who attended, but regrettably I don't believe that it is in our power to do anything. It's disappointing and I am aware that if everyone was as apathetic as me to protests, then not a lot would be achieved, but I don't believe they could care about us one bit - from either side. They'll all make the right noises and apportion blame elsewhere, but I don't expect a great outcome and it feels futile expending too much energy on it. I've accepted our fate and within reason I'll follow blindly regardless.

rob9872

The Trust
SBT

Even though I'm a fully paid up member of the trust lol, I can only speak for the L&W group, in that we wouldn't get involved with any supporter action good or bad. It was made clear at the conception we were there to do exactly what it says and support. There will never be any pro-sisu, anti-sisu or any other group officially from the supporters club.

Individually many of our members, as I do, will have opinions on matters, but when expressing them are never representative of the supporters group. I'm only clarifying the position as I've seen it on Twitter too, when other have said that we have close links and why aren't we doing anything, but that was never the initiative in creating or being involved with anything fractious and want to remain welcoming to all with no agenda. We don't even discuss things like that at the forums and although Dave Boddy has attended as an observer, not a speaker, he has chatted with individuals and answered questions as honestly as he could (or is allowed to) at the end of meetings on a 1 to 1 basis.

I was eleven in 87

Even though I'm a fully paid up member of the trust lol, I can only speak for the L&W group, in that we wouldn't get involved with any supporter action good or bad. It was made clear at the conception we were there to do exactly what it says and support. There will never be any pro-sisu, anti-sisu or any other group officially from the supporters club.

Individually many of our members, as I do, will have opinions on matters, but when expressing them are never representative of the supporters group. I'm only clarifying the position as I've seen it on Twitter too, when other have said that we have close links and why aren't we doing anything, but that was never the initiative in creating or being involved with anything fractious and want to remain welcoming to all with no agenda. We don't even discuss things like that at the forums and although Dave Boddy has attended as an observer, not a speaker, he has chatted with individuals and answered questions as honestly as he could (or is allowed to) at the end of meetings on a 1 to 1 basis.
And long may that continue.

olderskyblue

tbf, Moz turned up, and also tbf, at least had a go at whipping up some singing!

Also tbf, no problem whatsoever with CJ's twitter, which pushed it without quibble from an early stage. The Trust official account? Well, I'm less enthusiastic about those efforts!

That suggests that a wide church of opinions (as any organisation should have) struggles to move as swiftly as it maybe ought to.

Thing is... I'm also happy to go to the next Trust open meeting and discuss this with them. Again, I wonder who else would...? Things cannot change without communication that change would be welcome.

I'll be happy to come along

Grendel

If you're a member, you'll get in.

I've been to a couple in the past, and always been perfectly well received. They'd have also given me a platform if I'd wanted one.

I’d go if I know when it is

Tommo1993

Another march, big numbers en masse would get my vote. Something that grinds major and arterial roads to a halt (or closure), cause disruption and gain attention. No great harm done.

Covkid1968#

I honestly thought there would be 100s.... even got myself a couple of cans of beer to pass the time. It was embarrassing and no other club in professional football would be as piss poor as us.

I’m shite at organising but I will always turn up. I did a 90 mile round trip to stand with 20 hairy arsed blokes watching grown men walk past in wigs and people selling popcorn.

I know there is a big feck off protest in us but at this rate no matter how big it is....it will be too little too late.

skybluetony176

I honestly thought there would be 100s.... even got myself a couple of cans of beer to pass the time. It was embarrassing and no other club in professional football would be as piss poor as us.

I’m shite at organising but I will always turn up. I did a 90 mile round trip to stand with 20 hairy arsed blokes watching grown men walk past in wigs and people selling popcorn.

I know there is a big feck off protest in us but at this rate no matter how big it is....it will be too little too late.

It was nice meeting you anyway Covkid. Didn’t realise that you had traveled so far.

Ian1779

The Trust
SBT

Just a question, and I’m interested in your thoughts on this... is the lack of synergy because there are other agendas going on in the background - or is that a bad take from reading too much into social media posts and past actions?

skybluetony176

Just a question, and I’m interested in your thoughts on this... is the lack of synergy because there are other agendas going on in the background - or is that a bad take from reading too much into social media posts and past actions?

Yes.

I hope that clears things up;)

mark82

I think it could have worked, despite the late notice, if the trust had got fully involved and really pushed it. To be blunt, I think their response to this was piss poor. Change is needed at the trust if they are to ever be truly representative of the fans.

skybluetony176

I’m in.

Users who are viewing this thread