Yesterday's attendance (1 Viewer)

jackmartin

we are only getting 11k because we are doing well,we had 9k season ticket holders pre northampton we now have 5k ,i know loads who dont go because the now do other stuff

skybluepm2

Just wait for them to come crawling back if we have to go through the play off route and they need ticket stubs for a chance of a wembley day out.

skybluepm2

Agreed, just wish they didn't have to wait until the sniff of success to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

its still november(just)

could well see attendence grow to a avg of 15k by january/february which would be a result

skybluepm2

It would. Slowly creeping up! Even some of the nopm brigade have returned

torchomatic

Yes, disappointing on Saturday. Makes you wonder what else we can do to attract fans to our games.

bringbackrattles

Yes, disappointing on Saturday. Makes you wonder what else we can do to attract fans to our games.
Yes it was very poor considering where we are in the table.Talking in the pub after the match why fans aren't turning up ? I think we just have to accept we've got our hardcore support at the Ricoh,and a great following on the road.One bloke said he likes it as it is now and sod the stay away brigade,but I said so do I but to increase revenue we need more to start attending.Mogga himself said he wants more coming to games didn't he ? I'm at a loss, what more can our team do !

covcity4life

thing is time changes everything

oldham has cheap tickets and kids for a quid, should expect biggest attendence of season on 19th

then boxing day usually a bumper crowd

for all we know january could see us getting highest avga ttendes of season

things are looking up

lifeskyblue

Keep playing attacking football, keep winning and sort out the ticket selling and the parking etc (Saturday a shambles). And crowds will increase. Some will drift away but others will stay. If we are still in top 6 in March I expect every home game to be 15k plus

Hobo

too much emphasis put on one game imo torch, let it increase naturally

Yes it was...but Black Friday, Christmas Shopping, some not paid until after the weekend, and above all the weather was shit for the last minute decision makers.

Even Cov Rugby were extremely grateful to those who turned up below their average attendance.

The gates are growing and will continue to grow and slow growth is better than sharp fluctuations. The people that keep bleating every week about attendance are more interested in bolstering their own loyalty credibility than the interests of the club....and that is my opinion.

fernandopartridge

the damage that fisher caused the club by moving to northampton is now coming back to bite him on his fat arse, people got out of the habit and did other things on saturdays also the joke that we call the ticket office does not help,open one day till 5 them shuts at 3.30 but then moves on match days and then u cant by a ticket from club shop on match days, its a joke,
The average in league 1 is better than it was pre Northampton you Dillard.

Hobo

The average in league 1 is better than it was pre Northampton you Dillard.

I think the move to Northampton, did and has damaged the fanbase. However, it shows that the most important thing is a competitive team playing attractive football on the pitch. Let's not mistake an average gate as being the same people every week.....if this team can prove they have longevity and not just half season wonders the attendances will be plump come the seasons run in.

Gint11

I think the move to Northampton, did and has damaged the fanbase. However, it shows that the most important thing is a competitive team playing attractive football on the pitch. Let's not mistake an average gate as being the same people every week.....if this team can prove they have longevity and not just half season wonders the attendances will be plump come the seasons run in.

Exactly this. The spell in Northampton gave people the chance to do something else on a Saturday. It will take time. We are having a great season (pre season hopes was mid table) but it's only November. Like you said. We need a sustained period of time and gradually fans will return. Last year I was going on my own, I used to go with 6 other lads. I stopped going and did a couple of away games instead. At the last game 5 of us returned so it's gradual.

Mr T - Sukka!

Why are some people expecting Championship attendances in league one?

And when you get a very very good league one gate calling it poor?

15k and 12k in one week at home is amazing in league 1. No if or buts there are teams that would kill for that in League 1.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why are some people expecting Championship attendances in league one?

And when you get a very very good league one gate calling it poor?

15k and 12k in one week at home is amazing in league 1. No if or buts there are teams that would kill for that in League 1.
Well apparently if we are at the top of the league will we be pushing 20k every week, at least that was the excuse given last season when we were shit with 8k attendances.

Users who are viewing this thread