Yesterday's attendance (1 Viewer)

Wheelfass

Officially 11,885. However a steward told me that at their 1pm briefing they were advised that 12,000 had already been sold plus 600 away fans plus the walk-up!!

stupot07

I thought 11885 looked about right to me. There were a few empty seats by me in block 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Don't worry though Linnell thinks we will get 30k+ Boxing Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Maybe 18,000 at a real push. I do know a lot of people just go to the Boxing Day game and nowt else, so it will defintely be healthy, but 30,000?

WTF!!

stupot07

Maybe 18,000 at a real push. I do know a lot of people just go to the Boxing Day game and nowt else, so it will defintely be healthy, but 30,000?

WTF!!

I know, he was being particularly knobby yesterday.

James Smith

If he thinks we will be getting Chelsea Cup numbers on the day after Christmas then he must know something we don't.

wingy

Most people never took their kids yesterday, I never, way too cold for them. That affected the numbers no doubt

Maybe SW88 could give his input here as he works in the pre-match JSB zone
Have to say my grandson missed it for a pantomime yesterday and now you've mentioned it, subconsciously I don't recall seeing too many young uns.

stupot07

Most people never took their kids yesterday, I never, way too cold for them. That affected the numbers no doubt

I didn't take mine as the missus had booked them on for a haircut but as their both STH's they'd have been counted in the figure anyway.

LastGarrison

Have to say my grandson missed it for a pantomime yesterday and now you've mentioned it, subconsciously I don't recall seeing too many young uns.

Oh no he didn't.....

Bob Latchford

Is this the same Linnell who said on Twitter and, I quote ! '' It'll be great to be up the Ricoh today seeing a full house watching Wasps - unlike the CCFC games '' ? [When they were giving tickets away of course] He's nothing but an a Elitist !! more faces than a Town Hall Clock. Allegedly

Evo1883

Poor turnout really .
But its typical coventry isnt it , big game charlies mostly in this city .
Just have to accept that..make all the excuses you want , it's true

ccfcmad1

Think we need to except right now we have around 11k who will turn up most weeks now which is a good improvement on last season but given leauge position and football on sgow we should be getting a few extra thousand on top, We will get the odd 15k gate throughout the season oldham and port Vale will be two of those come the back end of the season if were still in the mix I think we'l see 15k regularly.

Covstu

Yep definitely disappointed with yesterday's turnout, thought we would have had 13-14k being top of the league!

skyblueinBaku

Yeah, it was much colder at the Gillingham game.

I was shivering in block 20, and I was wrapped up with scarf, hat etc. The wind was vicious.

SkyBlueMatt

I think it looked more than the official figure. The extra blocks were open again on the corner and though the main blocks were not sold out the walk up made up for it. It was closer to 13 than 11.

Evo1883

We have sat here for years making excuses for the poor turnouts in league games .
i think it's time to just stop and say maybe we are not as well supported as some will have you believe .
yesterdays attendance was crap , will be the same next home game , yes its good for this league overall , but still not good enough .
the attendances will rise for cheap and bigger matches thats it

letsallsingtogether

well if you add up he attendance of the other 5 teams in the top 6 yesterday it only added up to about 23500,
So we never did that bad really.

SkyBlueMatt

We have sat here for years making excuses for the poor turnouts in league games .
i think it's time to just stop and say maybe we are not as well supported as some will have you believe .
yesterdays attendance was crap , will be the same next home game , yes its good for this league overall , but still not good enough .
the attendances will rise for cheap and bigger matches thats it

Exactly, 11k is our standard. Simple as that, people aren't going to all of a sudden start coming back. Those fans are lost, now we have to start getting a new loyal following.

15k+ for our biggest game of the season so far.
12k+ (I believe it was higher than 11.8) for the game after. Still an improvement.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

although I do help where I can in the JSB / family zone, I don't get to volunteer much on match days. However I've checked with the ones who are there game in game out, and they say it seemed to be no less busy than normal.

wingy

although I do help where I can in the JSB / family zone, I don't get to volunteer much on match days. However I've checked with the ones who are there game in game out, and they say it seemed to be no less busy than normal.

Cheers SW.....

jackmartin

the damage that fisher caused the club by moving to northampton is now coming back to bite him on his fat arse, people got out of the habit and did other things on saturdays also the joke that we call the ticket office does not help,open one day till 5 them shuts at 3.30 but then moves on match days and then u cant by a ticket from club shop on match days, its a joke,

stupot07

the damage that fisher caused the club by moving to northampton is now coming back to bite him on his fat arse, people got out of the habit and did other things ,

Is it bollocks. We averaged just under 11k before moving to Northampton and now we'd averaging around 11.5k, so nothing to do with people getting out of the habit as they obviously weren't going regularly the season before Northampton.

Users who are viewing this thread