Yeovil Match Thread (The day Pressley gets the bullet?) (2 Viewers)

Kingokings204

Finish the job Yeovil.

Yeovil 1-2 Cov.

Did you want Cov to win but SP to go? The post seems contradicting.

Anyway 1-0 Cov. Come on I hate SP as much as anyone else but a Cov win always comes first.

LJC_CCFC

Did you want Cov to win but SP to go? The post seems contradicting.

Anyway 1-0 Cov. Come on I hate SP as much as anyone else but a Cov win always comes first.

I want a Yeovil win and Pressley gone, with him in charge relegation is looking more and more like a reality. Frankly we should be nowhere near the relegation zone with this squad of players.

As is the nature of what I like to call 'Cov luck', we'll probably win tomorrow and Pressley will keep his job for a few more weeks.

Chez78

I'm going the principal of when you've lost all hope city give you something to cling onto to, city to win 2-1 Nouble and JOB with the rock giving away his usual goal which will duly be blamed on our new keeper by 90% of our fan base.

Gazolba

This is a must win game for us but even more important is that we prevent Yeovil from getting three points. I'll go for a 1-1 draw.

Paxman II

Everyone an optimist as usual after all the slating you have given them!
Well tbh lose this and it will feel like losing to Sutton Utd in the cup in '88 after winning it in one of the all time classic cup games.
Just thinking of that day makes me wonder where did it all go wrong and why have we never overcome what went wrong while others have managed to do so (man City, Southampton et al)

I have no idea about the result. All I know is we require a win.

Kingokings204

I want a Yeovil win and Pressley gone, with him in charge relegation is looking more and more like a reality. Frankly we should be nowhere near the relegation zone with this squad of players.

As is the nature of what I like to call 'Cov luck', we'll probably win tomorrow and Pressley will keep his job for a few more weeks.

Would you rather us lose this 6 pointer? If SP went. I do get that but surely if someone offered you a Cov 1-0 you would take it?

Yeovil are a decent team and set up to not lose games. Gary Johnson we all know very well. Still want a big Cov away win please.

The Gentleman

Everyone an optimist as usual after all the slating you have given them!
Well tbh lose this and it will feel like losing to Sutton Utd in the cup in '88 after winning it in one of the all time classic cup games.
Just thinking of that day makes me wonder where did it all go wrong and why have we never overcome what went wrong while others have managed to do so (man City, Southampton et al)

I have no idea about the result. All I know is we require a win.

We lost to Sutton in 89, wasn't it Watford at home that beat us in 88?

Losing to Yeovil today would certainly not feel like Sutton, They've just come down from the championship and i'm not saying they are a bigger club but I don't feel like we are massive to them in comparison.

Steve.B50

Could never back us to loose so going for a very messy 0-0.
I am one of the few who does not want SP sacked.

SkyBlueHomer

Yes
We lost to Sutton in 89, wasn't it Watford at home that beat us in 88?

Losing to Yeovil today would certainly not feel like Sutton, They've just come down from the championship and i'm not saying they are a bigger club but I don't feel like we are massive to them in comparison.

Anyway, be very disappointed by any supporter who wants us to loose under any circumstances.

Cant see a win tho 2-2

The Gentleman

Could never back us to loose so going for a very messy 0-0.
I am one of the few who does not want SP sacked.

I am really interested in hearing why you think he shouldn't be sacked. What things has he done that have had a positive effect on the team and the club? The usual line is people like him but as that is not a valid one or the other is that we shouldn't keep sacking our managers but one thing about the last one always jumps into my head, what if he just isn't good enough?

SkyblueBazza

I just posted something similar to this on another thread: -
Some CCFC "supporters" need to take a long hard look at themselves. And they ought to hang their heads in shame!
Actually wanting your team to lose & your manager to be sacked???
That is far worse than any action by any fan that went & watched inside Sickfields imo!!!

PUSB

Steve.B50

I am really interested in hearing why you think he shouldn't be sacked. What things has he done that have had a positive effect on the team and the club? The usual line is people like him but as that is not a valid one or the other is that we shouldn't keep sacking our managers but one thing about the last one always jumps into my head, what if he just isn't good enough?

Its as you mentioned, I cannot see the benefit of keep sacking managers, I agree he has made mistakes and I often disagree with his tactics. However, my view is its not all his fault I am not sure he has had a free hand, is it him picking the players who come in on loan or someone else? SP comes over as an honest proud person, maybe due to my beliefs and the type of person I am I like to see good in everyone is some way.
Its just my personal view and I am no expert as my true sport is with an oval ball, but did manage a youth team for 9 years and as am sure you know its not as easy as it looks.

On another hand, who would come here with our present plight?

Kingokings204

Its as you mentioned, I cannot see the benefit of keep sacking managers, I agree he has made mistakes and I often disagree with his tactics. However, my view is its not all his fault I am not sure he has had a free hand, is it him picking the players who come in on loan or someone else? SP comes over as an honest proud person, maybe due to my beliefs and the type of person I am I like to see good in everyone is some way.
Its just my personal view and I am no expert as my true sport is with an oval ball, but did manage a youth team for 9 years and as am sure you know its not as easy as it looks.

Trust me, within 3 days of Pressley going there will be 50 applicants for the job. It's still a job in football at a big club for the lower leagues.

mark82

It's nothing personal, I quite like SP as a man. Simple fact is that results and performances have not been good enough. There are plenty of league 2 and non league managers ready for a step up. It's a gamble doing that but isn't it always?

johnwillomagic

It's a tricky one I am in Pressley out camp firmly now but I have a feeling we will scrape a win....on balance I want this even if it means
Pressley stays on. We have a habit of nicking resukt just when we near crisis point so going for Yeovil 1 - Coventry 2 scoreline.

covhead1

Its a real 6 pointer today,
Surely we should beat Yeovil but the performances we are putting in are dire.

Yeovil 2

CCFC 1

and surely that must be curtains Pressley

Godiva

1-1
(10 chars)

SIR ERNIE

Yes, you've been banging on all season about how good this squad is haven't you.

Time to face facts, it was a crap squad of uncommitted misfits in August and since then all they've done is prove it.

We will lose today against a team that's won only 2 of 13 home games and scored only 6 goals.

£70/50 Yeovil.

Godiva

whats the fascination with reda he's not that good and injury prone

The league games he has been involved in have resulted in W6-D5-L2 - that's way better than the overall stats.

LJC_CCFC

Yes, you've been banging on all season about how good this squad is haven't you.

Time to face facts, it was a crap squad of uncommitted misfits in August and since then all they've done is prove it.

We will lose today against a team that's won only 2 of 13 home games and scored only 6 goals.

£70/50 Yeovil.

The same can be levelled at the likes of Bradford, Oldham, Notts County and Port Vale. They are all in contention for the play-offs.

LJC_CCFC

True apart from the fact that they've all got better squads.

7afcef51a014bcfe57018414c0398386.jpg

johnwillomagic

I have to agree with LJ on this occasion our squad is more than competitve at this level a lot speak crap when it comes to comparing league one squads....sadly sir ernie on that last post has joined the list!

Users who are viewing this thread