Xbox one or PS4??? (1 Viewer)

wingy

Choosing a 'life' rather than video games, one that involves 'fresh air...& real people...that I know & have some empathy with - you know...like the real World'(a line filled with outdated stereotypes, thanks for the assist) rather than video games.

Your shit trolling was obvious, unless you were just quoting a line from Trainspotting and didn't realise which thread you were in, in which case please accept my sincere apologies.

Just heard it referred to as the "Analogue World" on the Radio and how inconvenient it all is mixing among the Herd/Hoi Polloi .

SkyblueBazza

Struth! A jocular remark...& all this results. Some of you guys maybe need to lighten-up & not take yourselves so seriously. You do not answer to me- you answer to yourself!
Like I have said, my sons are gamers (one excessively IMO)...I haven't had either of them sectioned because of it. If YOU have CHOSEN to take offence (non was intended) then that's fine. Maybe the jocular remark has been interpreted as some kind of aggression or personal insult...because the truth often hurts? I don't know.
Whatever - I will sign off completely from this thread now.

ajsccfc

Although I think it's been nothing but nonsense, I'm bang-up guilty of it also. Let's all move on from this episode and get back to depressing reality.

One thing in favour of the digital world though Bazza as opposed to reality, you don't need to travel 35 miles to experience a Cov game on FIFA. Oy oy!

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Incidentally, if anyone was planning on nabbing NBA 2K you can get the 360/PS3 version at the moment on Amazon as part of the Black Friday thing and then buy the download version for about £11, saving some big cash. It will probably have expired by the time you read this though, like in Mission Impossible.

SkyblueBazza

Although I think it's been nothing but nonsense, I'm bang-up guilty of it also. Let's all move on from this episode and get back to depressing reality.

One thing in favour of the digital world though Bazza as opposed to reality, you don't need to travel 35 miles to experience a Cov game on FIFA. Oy oy!

I concur

Marty

Got my PS4 today, can't log onto the servers :(

Edit: The new controller is miles better then the DS3, but still doesn't feel as nice as the xbox 360.

Last edited:

Marty

Still can't get on. Been trying every 15 minutes for about 5 hours. :(

ajsccfc

Worked first time for me.

Madden's purty.

rHXicJo.jpg

Marty

I'm on now, only took about 10 hours

Username: Marty7787

ajsccfc

That seemed to review quite poorly too, but then the overriding opinion of people who picked it up is way more positive.

Marty

It's a well built platformer, I was put off by the reviews but decided to take the plunge on it, the problem with reviews these days is that big reviewers go on about unimportant things like graphics, audio, cut scenes etc, (not to mention I think some are paid to give good reviews). For me it's about gameplay. I've lost hours playing it so far and can't wait to see what happens (although it's fairly obvious).

Want to pick up putty squad too, but not going to pay £22 for it.

Marty

Whats your username stu? mines Marty7787 if you fancy having a game on fifa.

Tad

Will get a PS4 later down the line, but I'm stick with PC at the moment. Not much out for me that warrants a new console purchase yet. Was really hoping we'd see more then just the usually sloth of FPS and sports games. Was hoping to see some adventure games like Shenmue, Broken Sword, Deadly Premonition etc.

Diehard Si

Got my ps4 the other day. Apart from not being able to hear chat at the moment through my £130 Sharkoon headset it's pretty damn good.

Played bf4 on ps3 and ps4 and it's a great leap forward. Looks beautiful. My mate came round last night who's very sceptical about upgrading to a ps4 and he left stunned at how great it looked. He commented it looked almost real.

Marty

Resogun is really good. Probably the 2nd best game I've played on the PS4. Looking forward to playing Contrast, heard some very good reviews on the game.

AngryAnt

Will get a PS4 later down the line, but I'm stick with PC at the moment. Not much out for me that warrants a new console purchase yet. Was really hoping we'd see more then just the usually sloth of FPS and sports games. Was hoping to see some adventure games like Shenmue, Broken Sword, Deadly Premonition etc.

Same here, PC all the way for me, but if i did have to buy one it would probably be the PS4.
That said, both specs are mid range PC's at best and realistically aren't going to be pushing any sort of boundaries. Its hardly a leap forward and if anything more a stumble backwards in specs, graphics, drm and games. The games aren't anything new, just rehashing old content (same on every platform atm).

Diehard Si

Same here, PC all the way for me, but if i did have to buy one it would probably be the PS4.
That said, both specs are mid range PC's at best and realistically aren't going to be pushing any sort of boundaries. Its hardly a leap forward and if anything more a stumble backwards in specs, graphics, drm and games. The games aren't anything new, just rehashing old content (same on every platform atm).

Which is fine if your happy constantly upgrading and tweaking your hardware. I got bored of that and now much prefer console for its simplicity. I buy a game I know it works and is optimised for my system. I also don't have to spend half of the limited time I've got trying to fix my machine.

Not to mention hackers which plague pc gaming.

Tad

Can't remember the last time I had to "tweak" my PC to get a game to work. Back in the early years of PC gaming, you'd be correct. It was a right pain. But now, not so much. Most games are now optimised to wok well on most configurations. As for the hackers, I don't play online games, so I wouldn't know.

I also find online gaming a bit meh. Unless its something like cod or an MMO, a games servers are flooded for about 2/3 weeks, then after that they become deserted.

Might just be me, but I'm getting bored to tears of the same old triple A titles. I want something different. The indie and other small teams are offering that. Games like Brothers: A tale of two sons, Gone Home, To the Moon, Broken Sword 5 just interest me more now.

Last edited:

Diehard Si

Can't remember the last time I had to "tweak" my PC to get a game to work. Back in the early years of PC gaming, you'd be correct. It was a right pain. But now, not so much. Most games are now optimised to wok well on most configurations. As for the hackers, I don't play online games, so I wouldn't know.

I also find online gaming a bit meh. Unless its something like cod or an MMO, a games servers are flooded for about 2/3 weeks, then after that they become deserted.

Might just be me, but I'm getting bored to tears of the same old triple A titles. I want something different. The indie and other small teams are offering that. Games like Brothers: A tale of two sons, Gone Home, To the Moon, Broken Sword 5 just interest me more now.

Fair enough. Me I like the multiplayer element. I find playing with your mates and against human opposition more varied than linear gameplay or ai.

I still have a semi gaming laptop ( dell Xps) which I mainly use for strategy games which is the one thing consoles don't do very well. I'd love to see them nail that.

Marty

Has anybody with a PS4 noticed their controller making some squeaking/rubbing noises from the triggers and left analog stick.

ajsccfc

Mine's been good as gold, but I have read about some having the rubber on the sticks wearing and some buttons sticking. It's like there was a bad batch.

mrtickle

My mate thinks same about pc. His pc is so much better than my ps4 and xbox one.

His £2k rig which will be outdated in 2 years.

Limited games, loads of hacking. Sorry, consoles for me all they way!

Tad

2K?! What was it? an overpriced mac? I've never spent that. Built mine for about £350. Had it about 3/4 years now. Hasn't been a game yet I can't play.

PC gaming isn't for everyone. I've never come across any hacking and about 98% of the games on consoles are on PC too. So..

ajsccfc

There are obvious advantages to PC gaming as there are with consoles. I prefer the latter because generally speaking I know that a PS4 game I buy in 2018 will play on what I've got now (outside of the thing just blowing up of course) so it suits my lazy side, which is really my most prominent side. You buy a PC now, you're set for a good while too of course.

Covstu

I generally play more strategy type games on the PC; FM14, civilization etc. I brought the PS4 for games that I can have a quick go on and drop when I want.

Users who are viewing this thread