Match Thread Wycombe (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Did Robins actually get it wrong at start today? I’d argue not at the system, players got us gilt edged chances players have just got to score

The Reverend Skyblue

There's a certain reality check needed though. We might see ourselves as a bigger club but it's our first season back at this level. We're ahead of where Barnsley, Luton and Charlton were at this stage last year after they were all promoted the season before. We're ahead of Rotherham and Wycombe promoted with us. Whilst it's not been great, it's also not been as bad as people make out.

I'm not confident that we will stay up, but if we do it gives us a platform to build on.
This is exactly my point, all those teams that kicked on made a managerial change, the one that didn’t went down and now is struggling again to even make a playoff place in league one. As I sign off for the night I stand by my point, for this club to get to next level Robins has to go.
He can then take Colchester United from league 2 to league one and even the Championship, but once they are there he will lose his bottle, which he has done with every team he’s managed at this level.

clint van damme

Alternatively they now have two weeks to prepare for it. We can’t score even the simplest of chances now and look incredibly brittle at the back. We ain’t good enough Clint.

we're not good enough what? To stay up, of course we are, that doesn't mean we will, we're above Blues with a game in hand, I bet they'd rather be in our position.
Yes we have issues scoring but brittle at the back? We've conceded 6 goals in 7 games, that's hardly brittle.

Brighton Sky Blue

we're not good enough what? To stay up, of course we are, that doesn't mean we will, we're above Blues with a game in hand, I bet they'd rather be in our position.
Yes we have issues scoring but brittle at the back? We've conceded 6 goals in 7 games, that's hardly brittle.

I do not see where the next win comes from based on how we are playing.

stay_up_skyblues

Should have started two up top. With what’s available in terms of fitness that would mean Max and Walker. But I’m not convinced that set up would have made too much of a difference today. It was just a shite game between two shite teams on the day. Like watching park football.

MR takes some stick rightly but the players were dross. Missed chances are outside of the manager’s control. Calls for him to go are daft if predictable after a poor performance.

We will play much better this season and there will be points won. Enough to stay up? It will be close. But I still think we will be ok. We will get a couple of results we’re not fancied to and a have a few more stinkers. The Rotherham game looks huge.

covhead1

That’s crazy, it’s almost like the last 5 years didn’t happen. Short memory?

No, like I said Robins is a good lower league manager.
He's not good enough for the championship, and I certainly wouldn't keep him for sentimental reasons.
I'm grateful for what he's done but now we need someone better.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Did Robins actually get it wrong at start today? I’d argue not at the system, players got us gilt edged chances players have just got to score

It's completely on Robins.

I genuinely think we would be just about safe by now if he had adopted slightly braver tactics.

I've been saying it for ages but Where we are has been coming for ages and I fear it'll get worse.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's completely on Robins.

I genuinely think we would be just about safe by now if he had adopted slightly braver tactics.

I've been saying it for ages but Where we are has been coming for ages and I fear it'll get worse.

Add today to both Birmingham games, both Forest games and on their own that's enough points dropped to basically be safe

Brighton Sky Blue

Their games in hand I think are Brentford, Luton & Middlesbrough. Tough games.

Brentford have flapped it from in front against Derby and Forest, Luton despite beating us are bang average and they can probably nick a point against Boro. Today is the first time I genuinely don't see us making enough points when I look at the remaining fixtures.

mark82

Brentford have flapped it from in front against Derby and Forest, Luton despite beating us are bang average and they can probably nick a point against Boro. Today is the first time I genuinely don't see us making enough points when I look at the remaining fixtures.

I don't disagree. Think it'll go down to the wire. Rotherham will be a huge game.

Brighton Sky Blue

We've got a really tough run of games coming up now. We've really wasted the opportunity to give ourselves a gap.

Yep. I might regret exactly what I've called certain people defending a point today but I do defend the sentiment-we are going to end up relegating ourselves and it will have been so, so avoidable.

Legia Sky Blue

The international break has fallen perfectly for us for once. It really looks like the players & management desperately need that extra bit of time to re-group. Hopefully we will come back stronger for this final stretch.

cc84cov

The international break has fallen perfectly for us for once. It really looks like the players & management desperately need that extra bit of time to re-group. Hopefully we will come back stronger for this final stretch.
We had a break last week then played Luton

PeterNdlovu14

I could debate all day about 1 or 2 up top and what formation, state of the pitch e.t.c.
I felt the mentality/approach to the game were just nerves and apprehension personified. We didn't ever really look like trying to get the ball down and build some pressure and momentum by just keeping the game in their half for a bit. For the majority it was a turgid attempt at some mix between football and volleyball, putting the ball on their CB's in the hope a mistake might happen. One occasion it did and their CB missed the ball and Biamou got in we didn't capitalise.

Brighton Sky Blue

Things did look pretty bleak before the last international break and we came back stronger for it, but I don't see where the next win comes from after today.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Today was disappointing, but at the start of the season most of us understood that staying up would be a brilliant result.

If our current position had been offered back in early September, I'd have taken it.

It's going to be hairy, but we've got a good chance of staying up.

BlkPanther

I see Brighton has started a burner account to validate his boring opinions, sad
Brighton? I just read these comments every week and it just shows how fickle we all are, especially towards individual players. Thought I’d make an account and voice that

Users who are viewing this thread