Match Thread Wycombe Wanderers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 1st Jan (1 Viewer)

scottccfc

been over on their fans forum, a lot of them think they are going to roll us over with 2-1 being the most popular score line in there favour.
I think they are underestimating us and hopefully we put on the show we have been threatening recently and think it'll be 3-1 to cov

clint van damme

I'm signing off for New Year.
Have a good un everyone and safe journey to all hardy souls making the trip to Wycombe tomorrow. I think you're mad personally!

Ricketts

I hope so as I'm in Spain. Everytime I have tried iFollow from abroad so far it has failed. Always says not available in your area.

Nick

Administrator
Looks like Akinfenwa usually starts on the bench then comes off to make an impact. Snap him early!

giphy.gif

Covkid1968#

I’ll be keeping up with the game on SBT as I’m up in Liverpool watching Leics get beaten hopefully.....Happy new year all and PUSB

Esoterica

been over on their fans forum, a lot of them think they are going to roll us over with 2-1 being the most popular score line in there favour.
I think they are underestimating us and hopefully we put on the show we have been threatening recently and think it'll be 3-1 to cov
Not sure where they are getting their optimism from, they've lost 3 on the trot - to 2 of the bottom 3 teams either side of conceding 3 first half goals to an inconsistent Burton side.
That said, i do think we'll need a couple of goals to see them off though but this is a perfect opportunity to take our new positive approach into away games and put a stop to the run of consecutive away defeats. Just hope Robins doesn't see this as a game he is happy with a point in and sets us up accordingly. While I'd take a point, I hope we try to win it.

Londonccfcfan

Looking forward to this since fixtures were announced....local ish game for us.!

Hope Robins doesn't mix the team too much. It's how we perform against these mid to lower table teams that's important if we want to pull away.

No idea what to expect. Can't see past a tight game, but hoping for a comfortable win if we play any where near our potential.

Otis

I'd be happy with a draw. 7 points from the last 3 games would be a very decent return.

SBbucks

Looking forward to this since fixtures were announced....local ish game for us.!

Hope Robins doesn't mix the team too much. It's how we perform against these mid to lower table teams that's important if we want to pull away.

No idea what to expect. Can't see past a tight game, but hoping for a comfortable win if we play any where near our potential.
Snap - just 7 miles for us . We've got a great record there in recent years, but it's almost certain to be a tight game. Let's hope we can keep the run going. PUSB

Esoterica

I reckon we might have a player sent off today. No idea why
The ref is due one! Always makes me nervous when they've barely reffed all season - 4 games at this level.

Lee Collins will be the man in the middle of the Sky Blues clash against The Wanderers in the Sky Bet League One action at Adams Park

So far this season, Collins has officiated in:

4 League One games
7 League Two games
1 Emirates FA Cup games

Collins has officiated in 12 games during the 2018/19 campaign giving a total of 32 yellow cards and no red cards so far.

This is the first time Collins will have officiated a Sky Blues game this season. The last time Collins officiated a Coventry games was in December 2014 vs Fleetwood Town.

He will be assisted by Stuart Butler and Bhupinder Gill, while Matthew Lee will act as fourth official.

ccfcchris

When they secured a draw way at Gillingham a fortnight ago, Wycombe were unbeaten in five and would’ve thus been feeling confident. Such a run should’ve given the Chairboys a platform from which to build on over the busy period, though they’ve since gone the other way and have now failed to pick up a single point from three on the bounce. Gareth Ainsworth will be hoping that this return to Adams Park will spark a return to winning ways.

Wycombe come into this match having done well at home in recent weeks. They were beaten by Wimbledon last time out, but they’d won six on the bounce in front of a home crowd prior to that. However, while results have largely been pleasing at Adams Park, it’s probably fair to say that Ainsworth’s men have ridden their luck at times. They’ve not been outplayed all that often, though many of those victories came in tight games that could’ve gone either way.

The fact that Wycombe are averaging just 1.27 expected goals for at home suggests that they’re not the most creative in the final third, while the fact that they currently have an average expected goal difference of -0.13 at home shows that they’re not the best at creating more than they give away, which is something that Coventry haven’t been too bad at on their travels.

Over the Christmas period, Coventry treated their fans to two deserved home wins, home wins that arrived at the right time after some disappointing losses. On the face of it, Coventry have struggled on the road of late, but they’ve done a bit better than results would have us believe. In terms of expected goals, Tuesday’s visitors have bettered their opponents in three of their last five on the road, while they also boast a pleasing average expected goal difference of +0.29.

Having beaten the likes of Southend, Bradford, Charlton and Oxford away from home this season, the visitors should go into this game feeling confident. After all, it is they who come here in good form.

Wycombe are not to be underestimated at home, but it’s easy to feel that they’re a bit too short in the betting ahead of this match. While they’re rarely battered, they’re figures on home soil aren’t overly impressive and they’ve not really done enough in recent matches to warrant clear favouritism ahead of a match against a tough Coventry side. The Sky Blues rank above Wycombe in several areas and at the prices, backing the visitors, who boast a better average expected goal difference on the road than Wycombe do at home, on the ‘Draw No Bet’ market stands out.

Wycombe Wanderers vs Coventry Predictions, Betting Tips and Match Previews

Otis

The way Shipley was limping I thought he'd be missing today.

Great to have Thomas back.

no_loyalty

Glad to see Thomas back in, hope he does the business. Brown now 3rd choice left back.

letsallsingtogether

Just had a rat burger waiting to go on plenty buying tickets kids are free.

Users who are viewing this thread