Would you go? (2 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well I've read this thread from top to bottom ,but could someone explain where this rumour has come from again .

CCFC Stadium Forum @CCFCStadium · Dec 20 During SCG conference call today Fisher confirmed that there was massive progress on the land purchase. Announcement in the New Year

Started with this tweet and then another tweet from a different twitter account with rumoured location

martcov

I'm looking forward to the day that sisu actually leave and the ones defending Wasps and CCC actually turn on them when they realise the club has been well and truly screwed.

Wasps are a third party and CCC an ex landlord. I am looking forward to the day that SISU actually leave.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I am not defending them - unless stating the obvious is defending them. I don't care about them, but if they are getting on with life, why not? I care about us, and I notice you didn't refer to points about CCFC in my post. Are you obsessed with Wasps?

You don't care about them yet you continually defend them.

No I'm obsessed with CCFC with how the Wasps move affects us, others clearly just don't give a shit and have given up.

martcov

Like wasps have been here? We might have their fans signing up here apologising

Nuneaton Town ( Borough ) is a lower league football club. We are a lower league football club. Wasps is a Rugby club. Why are you bothered about Wasps? Why aren't you bothered about us being parachuted into our neighbours town?

bigfatronssba

No I'm obsessed with CCFC with how the Wasps move affects us, others clearly just don't give a shit and have given up.

But it doesn't really affect us that much does it? The club is in no different state to what it was the day before Wasps bought the ground.

martcov

I've never had a brick in the head going to watch us play at Nuneaton, would they really get that worked up about it? If they did have objections then that would certainly be something to be considered and people would have to adjust their view accordingly.

TBF we have never had a stadium in their town. Maybe they would adjust their view accordingly.

Grendel

Nuneaton Town ( Borough ) is a lower league football club. We are a lower league football club. Wasps is a Rugby club. Why are you bothered about Wasps? Why aren't you bothered about us being parachuted into our neighbours town?

Your posting has increased ten fold since wasps arrived and the general consensus is you are one if their biggest fan boys.

Chez78

Not sure about all the other crap being posted about wasps as I think it's has nothing to do with the original post.

In answer to the actual question if they move us to where the RUMOUR suggests then I think that will be the end of me going. I'm not sure I can say it's because of the travel cause let's be honest it's about 5 mins further than the Richo, I think it's just another thing that I don't agree with and possibly the straw that breaks to camels back interest wise.

Our owners are just like Politicians they expect their voters to blindly buy into the lies and crap they spout despite the fact all their voters actually have access to the truth to be able make an informed decision.

martcov

I give a shit, and I hope that people have not given up somehow getting into the Ricoh under/ with Wasps. I also give a shit about the alternative of parachuting into a neighbouring town. That will sentence us to the lower leagues - for ever.

bigfatronssba

Not sure about all the other crap being posted about wasps as I think it's has nothing to do with the original post.

In answer to the actual question if they move us to where the RUMOUR suggests then I think that will be the end of me going. I'm not sure I can say it's because of the travel cause let's be honest it's about 5 mins further than the Richo, I think it's just another thing that I don't agree with and possibly the straw that breaks to camels back interest wise.

Our owners are just like Politicians they expect their voters to blindly buy into the lies and crap they spout despite the fact all their voters actually have access to the truth to be able make an informed decision.

Unfortunately some choose not to look at the truth as they find it too painful. Instead they bury their heads in the sand and blame everyone else in the world for the problems at the club.

Nick

Administrator

So you are saying Nuneaton fans would hit us with bricks if we moved there? They are a lower league than us aren't they?

Besides, it would be closer to Bedworth United than Nuneaton anyway wouldn't it?

You seem to be bothered about Wasps as you are constantly defending them?

SkyBlue_Bear83

But it doesn't really affect us that much does it? The club is in no different state to what it was the day before Wasps bought the ground.

Well the move greatly diminished our chances to ever get a stake in the Ricoh, whether that would be SISU controlled or under different ownership, which in turn means we will be a L1 club for an indefinite period as we don't have enough fans to support a championship club on ticket income alone.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So you are saying Nuneaton fans would hit us with bricks if we moved there? They are a lower league than us aren't they?

Besides, it would be closer to Bedworth United than Nuneaton anyway wouldn't it?

I wouldn't even be angry at them if they did hit us with bricks, at least they would be fighting for their club. If they were anything like our fans they'd be rolling out the red carpet and harping on about how great it is for the town that a professional football club was going to be playing there.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't even be angry at them if they did hit us with bricks, at least they would be fighting for their club. If they were anything like our fans they'd be rolling out the red carpet and harping on about how great it is for the town that a professional football club was going to be playing there.

Their fans could come and meet Tim Fisher and then go back and spout his bullshit to the others ;)

Chez78

We all need to stop panicking I'm sure the two London Supporters club members of the SCG will get to the bottom of this at the next board meeting.

bigfatronssba

Well the move greatly diminished our chances to ever get a stake in the Ricoh, whether that would be SISU controlled or under different ownership, which in turn means we will be a L1 club for an indefinite period as we don't have enough fans to support a championship club on ticket income alone.

Wasps, CCC, Higgs, it doesn't matter who owns ACL, buying back our revenue streams is what the club needs. There is no financial argument as to why the club needs to own a ground, it just needs a good rental deal.

Wasps here actually makes that more likely.

martcov

Your posting has increased ten fold since wasps arrived and the general consensus is you are one if their biggest fan boys.

Really. I see the reasoning behind Wasps' move and understand it, but how does that make me a Wasps' fan? I am not bothered about Wasps', but if they are getting on with their life by doing what they are doing, then why not? What worries me, is that, if the latest rumours are true, we are being parachuted into someone else's footballing town. This is different. It is not Wasps, Solihull ice hockey, Wimbledon - it is Coventry City. So cut the hypocritical crap. The people who accuse me of being a "Wasps' fan" will the first ones to endorse a "Franchise" football team playing in Nuneaton. Wasps moved to acheive spoting and commercial success - and had a good business plan to do it. SISU are moving, because they screwed up in one town and think they can do better in someone else's footballing town, with a 30m 12000 tin pot stadium. I have never watched a Wasps game and didn't even know where they played until recently -so I far from one of their fan boys.

Nick

Administrator
We all need to stop panicking I'm sure the two London Supporters club members of the SCG will get to the bottom of this at the next board meeting.

Very true, they can probably meet up with the trust for a beer after the wasps games.

stupot07

Wasps, CCC, Higgs, it doesn't matter who owns ACL, buying back our revenue streams is what the club needs. There is no financial argument as to why the club needs to own a ground, it just needs a good rental deal.

Wasps here actually makes that more likely.

So wasps lied to their fans? They don't need to own their own ground? Or does that argument only apply to us?

There is no proof that wasps being here will lead to us getting a better rent deal, or getting access to revenues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

martcov

Who is constantly going on about Wasps? I thought this thread was about CCFC and Nuneaton. Wasps sees to be a deflection from the embarrasment of the anti-franchise fans who will have to endorse a "Franchise team" being parachuted into our footballing neighbour's town for the wrong reasons - scaling down. A far greater sin than another sport moving into our city for the right reasons - scaling up.

Nick

Administrator
Who is constantly going on about Wasps? I thought this thread was about CCFC and Nuneaton. Wasps sees to be a deflection from the embarrasment of the anti-franchise fans who will have to endorse a "Franchise team" being parachuted into our footballing neighbour's town for the wrong reasons - scaling down. A far greater sin than another sport moving into our city for the right reasons - scaling up.

You, Steve, Italia seem to jump in to justify every time somebody says it was wrong or anything negative about Wasps?

Nearly as embarrassing as the anti franchise / moving teams fans who seem to be getting so excited about wasps and posting on forums justifying it? The same ones who were having a go at people who went to Sixfields, holding up banners demanding football be fixed because CCFC were allowed to be moved. As embarassing as the leader of our fans trust who seems to be doing everything he can to say why this move is good?

All of these when these fans don't actually support Wasps.

martcov

So wasps lied to their fans? There is no proof that wasps being here will lead to us getting a better rent deal, or getting access to revenues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Wasps are coming from a small ground in a small town to a big ground in a bigger town. We are going from a big ground - without even attempting to a deal with Wasps - to a smaller ground in a small town with an exsisting lower league team ( like we could soon be ). The End - of CCFC.

Nick

Administrator
Wasps are coming from a small ground in a small town to a big ground in a bigger town. We are going from a big ground - without even attempting to a deal with Wasps - to a smaller ground in a small town with an exsisting lower league team ( like we could soon be ). The End - of CCFC.

Doesn't answer the question does it?

Nick

Administrator
and ..... any comment on the CCFC bit of my post? No. Just Wasps Wasps Wasps.

Any comment about our match yesterday? No, just SISU, WASPS, SISU, WASPS. You know the football team, the football, the blokes kicking a ball about, the round one?

stupot07

Continuing with a rent only deal, little/no revenues. The End - of CCFC.

We're between a rock and a hard place,

bigfatronssba

So wasps lied to their fans? They don't need to own their own ground? Or does that argument only apply to us?

There is no proof that wasps being here will lead to us getting a better rent deal, or getting access to revenues.

I don't know, I'm not a Wasps fan so I don't know much about their situation. Wasps play rugby, CCFC play football. Finances are different in each sport.

Blaze have been this city's most successful club in recent years, that has been done without them owning the SkyDome.

What I do know is CCFC need revenue streams, not an asset on a balance sheet. Do you disagree?

bigfatronssba

You, Steve, Italia seem to jump in to justify every time somebody says it was wrong or anything negative about Wasps?

Nearly as embarrassing as the anti franchise / moving teams fans who seem to be getting so excited about wasps and posting on forums justifying it? The same ones who were having a go at people who went to Sixfields, holding up banners demanding football be fixed because CCFC were allowed to be moved. As embarassing as the leader of our fans trust who seems to be doing everything he can to say why this move is good?

All of these when these fans don't actually support Wasps.

Who are you to say that is wrong? Its only your opinion, you could be the one that is wrong.

What is embarrassing is a number of posters who until recently proclaimed themselves as "balanced and blame all sides" who have now transformed into shouty Wasps out types.

chiefdave

What does "taken on board" mean? A bit like with us before Northampton? Would put my money on it that "taken on board" means nothing.

It means that at the moment if the rumoured site is genuine I would be fine with it. However if Nuneaton Town, or Bedworth United, were against it I would look at their reasoning and make a judgement based on the facts presented and therefore reserve my right to change my stance.

Nick

Administrator
Who are you to say that is wrong? Its only your opinion, you could be the one that is wrong.

What is embarrassing is a number of posters who until recently proclaimed themselves as "balanced and blame all sides" who have now transformed into shouty Wasps out types.

Can safely say I have never said Wasps out, I prefer to focus on the people who gave people like me abuse about Sixfields who are getting into a frenzy now about Wasps ;) I am certainly not going to start blaming Wasps for Johnson missing a penalty like some people manage to try and blame SISU.

Nick

Administrator
It means that at the moment if the rumoured site is genuine I would be fine with it. However if Nuneaton Town, or Bedworth United, were against it I would look at their reasoning and make a judgement based on the facts presented and therefore reserve my right to change my stance.

Surely if the council say it is good, it is good?

bigfatronssba

Can safely say I have never said Wasps out, I prefer to focus on the people who gave people like me abuse about Sixfields who are getting into a frenzy now about Wasps ;) I am certainly not going to start blaming Wasps for Johnson missing a penalty like some people manage to try and blame SISU.

What percentage of the 28k there today do you think gave abuse to Sixfielders? Less than 0.5%?

Users who are viewing this thread