Would Robins still be here if the Ricoh situation was resolved? (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

More likely he would

Firstly I don't think Huddersfield would have bothered their asses approaching him as they would have thought CCFC were financially secure and not easy pickings.

Secondly, we would be the sleeping giant that he realistically thought he could be the one to get us back to the prem.

However doubling your wages is a massive factor

dantheman

More likely he would

Firstly I don't think Huddersfield would have bothered their asses approaching him as they would have thought CCFC were financially secure and not easy pickings.

Secondly, we would be the sleeping giant that he realistically thought he could be the one to get us back to the prem.

However doubling your wages is a massive factor

Yes of course it is but surely we would have been able to offer the same ? We are not that skint that we couldn't at least match the contract offer.

Another thing that bugs me is if these other Clubs had been turned down by Robins why didn't we tie him up in a contract that would have made him a lot less appealing to other Clubs with a massive release clause ? Common sense !!!

dongonzalos

Yes of course it is but surely we would have been able to offer the same ? We are not that skint that we couldn't at least match the contract offer.

Another thing that bugs me is if these other Clubs had been turned down by Robins why didn't we tie him up in a contract that would have made him a lot less appealing to other Clubs with a massive release clause ? Common sense !!!

Or a release clause that only kicks in after 12 months loyalty

Last edited:

dongonzalos

No they wanted him to stay, but you should have a release clause after a time period. Otherwise the bloke could go after 5 months.......

Sky Blue Kid

I tend to agree with deanocity3 on this one. In "Hindsight" (Wonderful word) Rotherham and Barnsley should have given all of us a massive clue as to what he was all about!;)

Stevearcade

Yes he would still be our manager if the stadium wasn't an issue. I thought it was clear in the press conference I saw that he was very unhappy about leaving City, but did so because there really wasn't any other option. I don't think it's about money and/or glory at all. I believe he meant what he said a while back about being in it for the long haul, but didn't anticipate things to be so dire behind the scenes. Yes he's fleeing a sinking ship. But we'd all do the same in the circumstances. I don't think we can blame him.

But let's turn our attention to the future. Personally, if SISU can afford it, just build a new stadium and be done with it. Then they'll own us and our stadium. But I highly doubt they really can afford it.

Sterling Archer

Its amazing how many people knew Mark personally after all this and are adamant he would've stayed if the rent business had been sorted out.

If you do know him personally, could you please pass on the following message please?

"Hello Mark, thanks for building up our hopes and then ruining them at the first sign of more money you disloyal prick, 5 months into a 3 year contract. Hope you fail at Huddersfield." then kick him in the nuts and stick your middle finger up at Steve Taylor. Thanks.

GaryJones

One thing that hasnt been mentioned is that Robins stated in his interview yesterday that Huddesfield approached him personally - I thought this was against the rules! Sneaky feckers!

CovMatt1987

I think alot of what he has referenced is a bit of a smoke screen personally. He has gone to a club in a higher league for more money. All of the stuff he has mentioned being a problem - how unaware of this was he? hasnt it always pretty much been the case? whats changed?

I think alot of it was something for him to hide behind saying he has gone for money. alot of his comments seem to be 'I dont want to say too much.....but council should do more. stadiums a problem. rent agreement' yeah its all a hassle - but that was all a hassle six months ago as well.

dantheman

I think alot of what he has referenced is a bit of a smoke screen personally. He has gone to a club in a higher league for more money. All of the stuff he has mentioned being a problem - how unaware of this was he? hasnt it always pretty much been the case? whats changed?

I think alot of it was something for him to hide behind saying he has gone for money. alot of his comments seem to be 'I dont want to say too much.....but council should do more. stadiums a problem. rent agreement' yeah its all a hassle - but that was all a hassle six months ago as well.

I'm assuming you've not read the breaking news then??

CovMatt1987

what the breaking news that we owe ACL a shed load of money? or that they want us to pay? or they have our debit card to take the payments, or whever the bloody hell is going on now in this comical farce? we should write them a cheque and see how that does.

I dont particularly blame him for wanting to go - I do blame him for alluding to loving the club and suggesting he had some loyalty.

covkid69

According to slimey fisher this morning the current issues were not the reason for robins fecking off ooop north. Yeah and my arse is a banjo plink plink plink :)

dantheman

what the breaking news that we owe ACL a shed load of money? or that they want us to pay? or they have our debit card to take the payments, or whever the bloody hell is going on now in this comical farce? we should write them a cheque and see how that does.

I dont particularly blame him for wanting to go - I do blame him for alluding to loving the club and suggesting he had some loyalty.

I disagree I think he did love it here.

dantheman

Yup.....he loved the opportunity to showcase his managerial abilities and get himself another job.

???? That's life.I've just taken an IT guy from a rival because he is a lot better than anyone I've got.I only know that because he was working for a rival.

CovMatt1987

???? That's life.I've just taken an IT guy from a rival because he is a lot better than anyone I've got.I only know that because he was working for a rival.

ay? congrats on the new IT guy...............but what has that got to do with Mark Robins loving CCFC?

I think maybe he enjoyed his time at the club, liked it here, perhaps even had an 'affection' for the club. But the manner of his actions, even more then the actions themself, do not suggest to me a man who loved this football club.

Steve.B50

I think he would have gone anyway and using the rent situation as an excuses. He knew we has issues when he signed his contract.

Blueandwhites

In my view, If he had a jpt wembley place in the bag, I doubt he'd have bolted. He'd have wanted the kudos of a final on his cv....?

Warwickhunt

Or a release clause that only kicks in after 12 months loyalty
The Directors insisted on the clause because they probably felt Robins was going to use us as a stepping stone to get where he wanted sdo they thought they could make some money if he jumped ship! however I beieve that not even TF would imagine it would be in such a small time frame

Great question....let's look at the facts again.....er I doubt it no.

He has added to the squad and had support from the club and his move was a personal choice end of. The support from the fans home and away given our situation has been nothing short of outstanding.

CovMatt1987

The more I think about it the more it offends me to think he loved this club.

we are in a bit of a mess, Huddersfield arent in the same mess, they are a division above and he will be getting more money. fine, all good reasons why an objective man would go and take the other job.

if you love something - you are not objective. going for the reasons he did, understandable - but dont tell me he loved the club too. it's us who love the club.

I'm not sure. He still would of got 3x his wages and a much better oppurtunity with Huddersfield, but he loved the club, fans and players here. I think the dispute finalised his decision, but if there was no dispute, i'd say it would be a 50-50 split weather he would take thhe job or stay here. Either way, i have no anomosity against Robins and wish him all the best

In short NO! His agent tapped up Huddersfield on is behalf seeking Robins a hefty pay rise. Robins had already been in discussions with Huddersfield before the club had given him permission to speak.
Out of work for 18 months Robins was given a 3 year contract on something like £150/200 pa.
After 5 months in the job he betrayed the club and loyal fans for dirty money.
Was he really that good? MCG was the main salvation of our club and his loan was arranged well before Robins hit the scene. Without MCG we would be lingering mid table at best and Robins wouldn't have been held in the high regard that we all had for him.

Users who are viewing this thread