Would JCH have fitted in (1 Viewer)

Grendel

In the interest of balance I’ve checked and three headers for Sutton it seems.

However in 49 league games in league two and 3 fa cup games and the 4 play offs matches not one headed goal - every goal a right food shot.

Amazing really

Grendel

So the statistical reality of Ryan Haynes playing in a defence that hasn't conceded a goal in over 10 hours is clearly an anomaly, because as you often point out, "Haynes is useless"?

Clearly not. What is the relevance of that comment?

What’s Haynes doing these days?

Irish Sky Blue

It was against a West Brom youth team was’t it?

You may think that’s great but I don’t

The suggestion also (and I definitely have not checked) is that this also was the same in the national conference.

If that’s the case (note if) it’s 88 league games and yet he is supposed to be a number 9 striker and you have said he has good attributes for a number 9.

What striker plays almost 2 seasons of league football (if Sutton is true) and has that sort of record?

Also as I’ve stated 3 assists

Never has so much praise been healed on someone with such a poor track record

I don’t get it
You stated he had never scored a first team headed goal. He has.
It's like saying McNulty never scored 27 goals as some of them came against non-league teams in the FA Cup.
It's not a question of whether I am happy or not, it is just saying that your fact is wrong. If you look at the clips of that season you will also see he had 5 assists not 3.
You say you don't get it but perhaps you just make your mind up and can never change it?
When Biamou first got into the team, I thought he was poor. However, the more Robin's persisted with him, the better he got I felt. Despite not scoring goals in the first half of the season, I thought he had a growing positive contribution to the team. In the second half of the season he added goals to his game, and what goals some of them were. I like Max because I think he is a good footballer and centre forward at League Two level (note I said League Two level. I am not comparing him to Cyrille or to Fergie). He hasn't really had a chance to show what he can do in this league, perhaps he never will. I will also say that I am judging him on performances, not on his Twitter account (I am not on Twitter) or the fact he waves to the crowd, neither of which interest me.
There are players that we like and those that we are not so keen on. I can acknowledge when a player who is on the latter category as far as I am concerned, does something good. Can you?

ps1948

As I said, he's playing in a defence (Newport County, 2nd I think in League 2) who haven't conceded a goal for over 10 hours. The relevance of the comment is that you used statistics to "prove" that JCH is far better than Biamou, so I used statistics to show how "good" :nailbiting: a defender Haynes is.

You haven't said it on this JCH love-in, but you regularly decry Haynes' ability whenever you get the chance. That's not to say that I think we should have kept him, but I think you and others sometimes unfairly get on the backs of players you don't like, while going OTT about others.

Grendel

You stated he had never scored a first team headed goal. He has.
It's like saying McNulty never scored 27 goals as some of them came against non-league teams in the FA Cup.
It's not a question of whether I am happy or not, it is just saying that your fact is wrong. If you look at the clips of that season you will also see he had 5 assists not 3.
You say you don't get it but perhaps you just make your mind up and can never change it?
When Biamou first got into the team, I thought he was poor. However, the more Robin's persisted with him, the better he got I felt. Despite not scoring goals in the first half of the season, I thought he had a growing positive contribution to the team. In the second half of the season he added goals to his game, and what goals some of them were. I like Max because I think he is a good footballer and centre forward at League Two level (note I said League Two level. I am not comparing him to Cyrille or to Fergie). He hasn't really had a chance to show what he can do in this league, perhaps he never will. I will also say that I am judging him on performances, not on his Twitter account (I am not on Twitter) or the fact he waves to the crowd, neither of which interest me.
There are players that we like and those that we are not so keen on. I can acknowledge when a player who is on the latter category as far as I am concerned, does something good. Can you?

As this was actually a thread about Clarke Harris do you think any manager if offered Biamou or Clarke Harris would take Biamou?

Grendel

As I said, he's playing in a defence (Newport County, 2nd I think in League 2) who haven't conceded a goal for over 10 hours. The relevance of the comment is that you used statistics to "prove" that JCH is far better than Biamou, so I used statistics to show how "good" :nailbiting: a defender Haynes is.

You haven't said it on this JCH love-in, but you regularly decry Haynes' ability whenever you get the chance. That's not to say that I think we should have kept him, but I think you and others sometimes unfairly get on the backs of players you don't like, while going OTT about others.

I think it’s the opposite. I think certain fans take to players and we end up with utter nonsense and hyperbole. Haynes was given far more role than other players. Josh Mquiod was more likely to score goals than Biamou

One defender has little relevance to an overall defence statistic - Greg Downes was a pretty poor left back but played in a successful period of our time.

When Haynes started people were suggesting he would be a premier league footballer

There was also the famous Chris Hussey could be the next Gareth Bale after a goal against York.

It’s farcical and delusional and I fail to see what just going along with it on a football forum achieved

Irish Sky Blue

As this was actually a thread about Clarke Harris do you think any manager if offered Biamou or Clarke Harris would take Biamou?
Not now. Max has been out for over a year with his injury while JCH has gone on to fulfill the potential that he obviously had while he was here but so frequently failed to live up to. Hence why Biamou was preferred to him at the conclusion of the League Two season and the start of last by a manager who had recruited them both.

Irish Sky Blue

In the interest of balance I’ve checked and three headers for Sutton it seems.

However in 49 league games in league two and 3 fa cup games and the 4 play offs matches not one headed goal - every goal a right food shot.

Amazing really
As we are talking facts it was three play off games.
You also talk about headed goals. In the league two season I don’t think as a team we scored many headed goals as we tried to work the ball into McNulty’s feet. Off the top of my head (pardon the pun), I can only think of McNulty at Luton, Willis against Stoke and Biamou against WBA. I am sure there were more but as a percentage of goals scored not many were headers.
The real discussion should be about Biamou’s ability in the air, as a centre forward a necessary skill. I am sure you will disagree but I felt Max was good in this area in the way he flicked the ball on, held it up up played it into team mates, much more effective than JCH at that stage.

Irish Sky Blue

I think it’s the opposite. I think certain fans take to players and we end up with utter nonsense and hyperbole. Haynes was given far more role than other players. Josh Mquiod was more likely to score goals than Biamou

One defender has little relevance to an overall defence statistic - Greg Downes was a pretty poor left back but played in a successful period of our time.

When Haynes started people were suggesting he would be a premier league footballer

There was also the famous Chris Hussey could be the next Gareth Bale after a goal against York.

It’s farcical and delusional and I fail to see what just going along with it on a football forum achieved
Now here we can agree and then disagree again. I thought McQuoid was a very poor player as it seems you do too from the comment above. He subsequently disappeared into non league football as far as I know. Where we will disagree again is that I think Biamou is a far better, more effective player than McQuoid.

Greggs

Now here we can agree and then disagree again. I thought McQuoid was a very poor player as it seems you do too from the comment above. He subsequently disappeared into non league football as far as I know. Where we will disagree again is that I think Biamou is a far better, more effective player than McQuoid.
McWank has the worse touch I've ever seen from a pro player. He was dreadful.

Users who are viewing this thread