Would JCH have fitted in (1 Viewer)

DannyThomas_1981

I think it's an interesting debate on JCH.

Our possession game this season has improved since the first half of last season. JCH suffered last season as we seemed to be launching long balls up to him pretty frequently; never felt that was his strong point. Our current style would suit him more; he would also have benefited from playing with Bright in the second half of last season.

As for attitude - apart from the gangsta image - no real insights. 10 Bags Bayliss (in a very honest and open interview on the Nil Lamptey show - do play it) was directly asked if there were any players in the squad with a bad attitude - and he very strongly said that the team spirit was brilliant during his time at Cov and there was no player who didn't buy into the team spirit or that he didn't like. Others may know more on this.

Going back to Bright for a second, Bayliss also said that he was the best player he had ever played with.

Grendel

No, don’t think so. The comparison was with JCH not Godden. Having said that, I would rather see Biamou on the bench than Bakayoko.

I somehow don’t think Bristol Rovers will be thinking they signed the wrong man

Grendel

It’s a shame he didn’t perform that way when he was here.

Well he still scored more goals in less league games than Biamou in a whole season in an inferior league

DannyThomas_1981

Well he still scored more goals in less league games than Biamou in a whole season in an inferior league

I think we've had this debate before Grendel.

Max to be fair was stepping up from a much lower level of football. And in the final third of our promotion season Max was absolutely brilliant; Notts County away as a best case example of being a game changer and goalscorer.

Apart from goals scored in the final third of that season Max was also a perfect strike partner for McNulty.

I certainly think there will be times this season where we will need a strike partner for Godden - it will be interesting to see Max paired up front with Godden in some game situations.

BackRoomRummermill

Max to be fair was stepping up from a much lower level of football. And in the final third of our promotion season Max was absolutely brilliant; Notts County away as a best case example of being a game changer and goalscorer.

Apart from goals scored in the final third of that season Max was also a perfect strike partner for McNulty.

I certainly think there will be times this season where we will need a strike partner for Godden - it will be interesting to see Max paired up front with Godden in some game situations.

I can’t see Biamou paired up with anyone apart from the tattie peelers on match day hospitality meals

DannyThomas_1981

He would be useless as ball boy mate he would either fall over trying to retrieve the ball or walk round with the wrong attitude thinking he’s hard as fuck

Thanks for the laugh cc84!
To be fair though compared to the "Blackpool firm" - JCH is certainly 'hard as fuck' and they'd be on their toes all the way back to the Blackpool tower.

Irish Sky Blue

Biamou 9 goals in 49 appearances.
JCH 4 in 21 appearances
Max is slightly better on the only season they both played.
JCH 6 in 29 last season scoring at about the same rate 1 in 5.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

For me JCH peaked when he came on for his debut against Brighton in the F.A. Cup and never quite lived up to what many of us on that day was potentially a very good player.

Grendel

Again for clarity McNulty scored as many goals without Biamou as with

That’s the statistical reality over an urban myth

I can’t admit to being a huge fan of the assist stat but also he’s had 3 in his ccfc career

I do also believe he’s never scored a headed goal in his professional career

It’s funny how some on here love stats but when it comes to Biamou the anecdote is always better

DannyThomas_1981

I can’t admit to being a huge fan of the assist stat but also he’s had 3 in his ccfc career

It’s funny how some on here love stats but when it comes to Biamou the anecdote is always better

I would say that you are an excellent manipulator of stats Grendel to suit your needs - seen this in lots of your arguments! I do admire your research though (actually not meant as sarcasm today!). McNulty to be fair has been on the record saying how much he enjoyed playing with Max.

Ultimately I think we all agree that it would be fantastic for both our club and Max to return after such a serious injury - and show that he can play a part this season in giving us a couple of different formations and attacking options in certain situations?

I personally don't think it would be best for Godden to be fighting against two central defenders alone in every fixture over 90 minutes - however good he is. As such I see Max as someone who could really help out our star forward and create some space during games.

Irish Sky Blue

His first goal for us was a header

DannyThomas_1981

Who was that against?

Come on Grendel!!!
There are times you are spectacularly right (I read back the Bigi thread you published last week and you got that right) and there are times when like all of us you get it wrong.
For someone who loves stats to argue certain points, claiming that Max had never scored a header for us is plainly not true.
I really admire your persistence at times but no one would think any less of you if you actually admitted for once to being wrong on something.

covboy1987

I'd wager a whole tenner that JCH won't be in the top 5 goal scorers at the end of the season.

Form is temporary etc
He scored a total 16 league goals last season something like 12 in 12 for bristol rovers and on the bench for us for much of the season - think the Wager should be what championship club is he going to as a few have been sniffing around by all accounts

SAJ

My mate who is a Rovers fan is already asking who else can’t play in our system as their 2 best players are JCH and Tom. They especially like they don’t have to pay for them as well.
I’ve told him to watch this space.

Skyblueweeman

Absolutely not bothered. Good luck to him but he's not our player anymore.

Who cares about all the 'ifs', 'buts' and 'maybes' (cue Otis joke about caring for buts...).

Move on...we've got enough strikers on the books to worry about who should fit into what formation rather than previous players.

Godden does look good though...

Sky Blue Pete

My mate who is a Rovers fan is already asking who else can’t play in our system as their 2 best players are JCH and Tom. They especially like they don’t have to pay for them as well.
Would you take Tom Davies Over Michael rose?

Grendel

Come on Grendel!!!
There are times you are spectacularly right (I read back the Bigi thread you published last week and you got that right) and there are times when like all of us you get it wrong.
For someone who loves stats to argue certain points, claiming that Max had never scored a header for us is plainly not true.
I really admire your persistence at times but no one would think any less of you if you actually admitted for once to being wrong on something.

But his first goal was against Swindon?

skybluegod

They were okay players, but it shows we have ambition if they are the two best players for Rovers, when they both struggled to get into our team. Neither suited our style of play. Davies will never go above this level. JCH personally thought he was poor for us, but clearly doing the business for rovers, might get a shot at the Champ again but don't see him taking it.

Grendel

League goal. Didn't you say professional goal?

Oh it’s West Brom under 21s? - my comments always refer to the league that’s why in an earlier reference I said 5 goals and 3 assists

I don’t know if he scores headers in the U 23 team either it in friendliest against leamington etc

Talk about straw clutching - 49 league names and I don’t think a single headed goal for a number 9 is for sure unusual

Irish Sky Blue

But his first goal was against Swindon?
Did you watch the clip of his goals? His first goal for us was a header from a corner in a cup match.
I think his first goal in the league may have been that rocket of a shot from all of 25 yards against Swindon.

Cov kid 55

JCH didn’t really do it for us, and in addition, I think he’s well capable of being disruptive. MR seems to be building a good team with a strong team ethic, and although he may become a good player, even in the Championship, I think we’re better off without.

Grendel

Did you watch the clip of his goals? His first goal for us was a header from a corner in a cup match.
I think his first goal in the league may have been that rocket of a shot from all of 25 yards against Swindon.

It was against a West Brom youth team was’t it?

You may think that’s great but I don’t

The suggestion also (and I definitely have not checked) is that this also was the same in the national conference.

If that’s the case (note if) it’s 88 league games and yet he is supposed to be a number 9 striker and you have said he has good attributes for a number 9.

What striker plays almost 2 seasons of league football (if Sutton is true) and has that sort of record?

Also as I’ve stated 3 assists

Never has so much praise been healed on someone with such a poor track record

I don’t get it

Users who are viewing this thread