Worst City team in history? (5 Viewers)

italiahorse

Leicester and Derby moved to grounds they OWNED.
They moved because both of them needed to due to capacity restraints, which was never really an issue with CCFC and definitely wasn't by 2005.
If we had stayed in the PL when the stadium was built we would not have a problem. Like Leicester, Derby and Southampton.
Don't even go there about owning a stadium. We've had many chances to buy ACL and effectively own it.
In fact we were given half of it and pocketed £6.5M to get rid of it.

NorthernWisdom

If that prick Richardson hadn't sold Highfield Road, we would never have left, it was ours which the Ricoh never has been.

No one disagrees that SISU aren't the worst, they are the shittest owners football has ever known, but our bloody awful journey started there, before the true nightmare began.
Point of order, but the issue was his successors not buying it back.

Anyway, tbh probably unhelpful going through all this again, so I'll leave it with me having the last word ;)

italiahorse

If that prick Richardson hadn't sold Highfield Road, we would never have left, it was ours which the Ricoh never has been.

No one disagrees that SISU aren't the worst, they are the shittest owners football has ever known, but our bloody awful journey started there, before the true nightmare began.
The idea was right but it relied on us staying in the PL.
With the exception of the East stand HR was a dive.

Moff

Anyway, tbh probably unhelpful going through all this again, so I'll leave it with me having the last word ;)

I agree, I just think that every story has a beginning, whether its part of the main story or not. Ours began there. Not sure if I am looking forward to the end of the story, I hope its a happy one!

skybluesam66

we gambled badly to stat in the PL. But we lost our bottle just as money came in to football
Retrospectively if we had carried on the gamble we would have been fine

if when McGinnity got us down to £20m in debt -we could have then thrown another £10m at it then , and I suspect all would have been good
hindsight and that

Skyblueweeman

Last year we lost against a non-league team in the first round of the cup. This year, it was a L2 club in the 2nd round.

Progress!

* Tongue in cheek incase the keyboard warriors go into meltdown...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosford Green

Richardson got out of his depth, he seemed to think we had the chance to be the largest team in the midlands, we all recall with mild amusement the new super stadium with its retractable roof. At the time a lot of teams our size (then) were moving to new larger out of town sites.

What separates us from other teams that got in the shit like Leicester is we got SISU , if we were if the PL with 25K gates at the Ricoh Highfield road would not be longed for as it does now.

Richardson gave us Hadji, Macalister and Keane. SISU have given us misery and Grendel.

torchomatic

Richardson got out of his depth, he seemed to think we had the chance to be the largest team in the midlands, we all recall with mild amusement the new super stadium with its retractable roof. At the time a lot of teams our size (then) were moving to new larger out of town sites.

What separates us from other teams that got in the shit like Leicester is we got SISU , if we were if the PL with 25K gates at the Ricoh Highfield road would not be longed for as it does now.

Richardson gave us Hadji, Macalister and Keane. SISU have given us misery and Grendel.

We were in the shit before SISU, they've just compounded what Richardson started. He may have given us Hadji, McAllister and Keane, but the bottom line is we couldn't afford them, hence the massive debt, hence not being able to own our big shiny new stadium. The seeds of our misery were sown with him. SISU just watered those seeds.

Otis

Well...

The team we played first half of the season did.

Anyway, it's a bit like asking if I'd rather cat sick or dog sick for my tea.
Obviously cat sick, because if you choose 'dog' there are a number of very big breeds, where as with 'cat' they are usually all pretty much the same size. :)

We are talking sick volumes here.

Astute

So Richardson isn't at fault for selling HR because his successors didn't buy it back even though he left us heavily in debt and no money to buy it back?

Yes the few years of watching good players was fun. But it wasn't worth risking the future of our club. And we kept selling them to make a profit that went towards paying their wages.

Users who are viewing this thread