Worst City team in history? (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Even Mowbray as good as admitted that we don't have a team yet and will just have to play the youngsters and players who are not match fit until the real 'team' comes together. Whenever that may be. I assume he could not recruit the players he planned on for whatever reason. Still a 1-0 away defeat to a team we almost never get anything from is not a disaster. Lets see how we do next week at home. Maybe the Ricoh will be our fortress again (for a while).

stupot07

Jordan Clarke and Nathan Cameron had actually played a fair amount before that season. Unlike Harries, DKE and Thomas who haven't played more than 20 games between them.

Whilst all the loanees, Bigi and Christie were inexperienced they played ahead of the experienced players in the side because of the lack of quality we actually had. Do not forget the likes of Baker, Wood, Platt, McDonald, Deegan, Eastwood, McPake being in the squad as well

In terms of first team games played that team possessed far more appearances between them than our current squad. Irrespective of what team was fielded, how can you say our squad is more experienced now than it was then?

Rcc 59 first team games incl nuneaton
Willis 82
Ricketts c550 inc 52 international caps
Harris 3
DKE 2
Haynes 56
Rose 130 wiki
Vlad c240 inc 25 international caps
Jones 47
Thomas 23
Sordell 199

It really isn't that bad. We'd got Tudguy (c430 games), Reid ( c260), and Lamieres (40+ games) on the bench and we have McCann (c350) and stokes in the squad (185) plus more to be added

Jordan Clarke had only played 35 games and Nathan Cameron only 26 times prior to the 2011/12 seaeon - less than Haynes, Willis and jones. Christie (1), Bigi (0), conor Thomas (2), gardner (0) were on par with DKE and Harries.

Like otis says, you can go back even further to Macalister and that side was both poor and inexperienced. And actualky is there really that much inexperience than the aide that started the last season?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ajsccfc

While all the arguments are certainly there after one game that this is the blankiest blank in history, I remember seeing us lose 2-0 one time so I'm torn.

will am i

Worst over reaction in history.

We lost because we didn't put our chances away rather than bad defensive displays.

We had 4 strikers who signed over the summer on the pitch today. That will get overlooked.
you'll have to name them for me - i assume you think Reid and Jones are strikers?
we were abysmal - we never looked like scoring. waste of a day. this squad will get relegated. assume you actually went rather than spent the day on here writing about your two obsessions the council and wasps. no fucking investment and no team - stlll carry on SISU its all someone else's fault. Swindon were crap and we were easily beaten.

letsallsingtogether

I keep reading we have 4 stickers but if they are no good might as well have none.sounds like we had none today hope they change for Saturday.
I also Keep reading we have brought players in but honestly there is no quality in what we have signed.
I don't expect championship players but come on should at least be half decent league 1 players.

JimmyHillsbeard

Followed yesterday's game from the other side of the world and SBW commentary didn't start until all of our chances had gone. Sounded terrible but I could point out that Conor Thomas was in their starting line-up. If he'd been available to us I still don't think he would have made our XI.

robbiekeane

I keep reading we have 4 stickers but if they are no good might as well have none.sounds like we had none today hope they change for Saturday.
I also Keep reading we have brought players in but honestly there is no quality in what we have signed.
I don't expect championship players but come on should at least be half decent league 1 players.
Just gonna leave this here and revisit in 6 months...

SkyBlueCRJ

Rcc 59 first team games incl nuneaton
Willis 82
Ricketts c550 inc 52 international caps
Harris 3
DKE 2
Haynes 56
Rose 130 wiki
Vlad c240 inc 25 international caps
Jones 47
Thomas 23
Sordell 199

It really isn't that bad. We'd got Tudguy (c430 games), Reid ( c260), and Lamieres (40+ games) on the bench and we have McCann (c350) and stokes in the squad (185) plus more to be added

Jordan Clarke had only played 35 games and Nathan Cameron only 26 times prior to the 2011/12 seaeon - less than Haynes, Willis and jones. Christie (1), Bigi (0), conor Thomas (2), gardner (0) were on par with DKE and Harries.

Like otis says, you can go back even further to Macalister and that side was both poor and inexperienced. And actualky is there really that much inexperience than the aide that started the last season?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oh it's certainly not by much. That season was a complete disaster where we had no choice but to rely on inexperience to fill the gaps. I still think this squad is less experienced if you add up total the amount of appearances made by the players that are likely to play a part this season. Stevenson, K. Thomas, DKE, Harries, G. Thomas, Haynes, Lawton, Leahy, Finch, combined can't have more than 100 appearances between them and this is nearly half our squad and they will be used throughout the season according to TM. This does not include the young loanees that we are likely to bring in as well. But we haven't completed all our transfer business, this squad isn't the finished article so its difficult to compare. More experienced players should be coming in. At the moment it is because academy graduates are making up the foundation of our squad but once the 5/6 promised players come in it'll look far better

In all fairness last years side is not far off in terms of inexperience in comparison to last year but that was overshadowed by the quality that we had. Can't particularly remember the Macalister side, i wouldve only been 6 or 7

Greggs

Worst over reaction in history.

We lost because we didn't put our chances away rather than bad defensive displays.

We had 4 strikers who signed over the summer on the pitch today. That will get overlooked.
It wasn't an over reaction.....

JulianDarbyFTW

I reckon I could name a worse XI player-by-player than we have now. If we're talking as a collective, then after decades at the top we're in L1, so yes, in recent history this is one of the worst City teams. As was the one last season and the two or three before. The level we are at dictates the fact.

covcity4life

you'll have to name them for me - i assume you think Reid and Jones are strikers?
we were abysmal - we never looked like scoring. waste of a day. this squad will get relegated. assume you actually went rather than spent the day on here writing about your two obsessions the council and wasps. no fucking investment and no team - stlll carry on SISU its all someone else's fault. Swindon were crap and we were easily beaten.

This side will get relegated? Want a bet? Money to charity

Also u r the guy said that small man /little.man is the only centreback partnership that works lolololol

Grendel

This side will get relegated? Want a bet? Money to charity

Also u r the guy said that small man /little.man is the only centreback partnership that works lolololol

Unless we change tactics significantly this season will be a long hard slog. He has two big centre forwards and they are playing miles apart. We are sterile, boring and easy to play against. Its a bit silly to ignore what is staring you in the face.

Greggs

We are currently a team full of individuals, it's just a shame that the individuals are shite....

johnwillomagic

I think that TM is way too stubborn when it comes to changing a formation that simply is not working. I know he does not like it but with this squad currently it screams out that we play 4-4-2 even more so given recent results.....will love to see him try it at Miillwall, think ill be disappointed! It is a big game next Saturday for side and TM hoping they turn up and put in a good performance.

covcity4life

Unless we change tactics significantly this season will be a long hard slog. He has two big centre forwards and they are playing miles apart. We are sterile, boring and easy to play against. Its a bit silly to ignore what is staring you in the face.

I am.not dismissing anything but We ain't getting relegated

Do you disagree?

torchomatic

After such a whimpering performance today, is this the worst ever City side in our proud history?

Funny that every team that goes through a bad patch is labelled "the worst City side ever". What about we have "the most impatient, unrealistic fans ever"?

Greggs

Funny that every team that goes through a bad patch is labelled "the worst City side ever". What about we have "the most impatient, unrealistic fans ever"?

It's been free fall for 15 years........

letsallsingtogether

Duck me your right.
We have a good team and out fans need to wait at least another 10 yest3s before they should expect anything.
You really are somrthing else.
Fucking blaming the fans again ......
Wanker

torchomatic

Duck me your right.
We have a good team and out fans need to wait at least another 10 yest3s before they should expect anything.
You really are somrthing else.
Fucking blaming the fans again ......
Wanker

Back at ya.

Greggs

lets say we sort our form out. and we are 10th by xmass

will it still be the worst ccfc team in history?
What evidence do you have that we will sort our form? Can score and can't defend. If they don't know the basics by now, what hope do we have?

Greggs

15 years ago we were the pride of the Midlands, no we aren't even the pride of Coventry......

torchomatic

15 years ago we were the pride of the Midlands, no we aren't even the pride of Coventry......

15 years ago we were relegated!

Greycloud

Poor team? HELL YEAH! Worst team ever? I think not.

Big things can come from these lads. Give them time. Believe in them. Watch them grow. They will blossom into fantastic footballers, you heard it here first. 70% of this squad will be playing PL football in 5 years. Maybe with City, maybe elsewhere.

torchomatic

The best you can do?

I'm sure I could think of something better, but to be honest, I'd avoid people like you in the real world, so I'll avoid you in Skybluetalkland. I'm gonna stick you on ignore now, so I don't have to read any more shite.

torchomatic

Poor team? HELL YEAH! Worst team ever? I think not.

Big things can come from these lads. Give them time. Believe in them. Watch them grow. They will blossom into fantastic footballers, you heard it here first. 70% of this squad will be playing PL football in 5 years. Maybe with City, maybe elsewhere.

Absolutely, we are a handful of games into the season. Problem is too many fans (LAST screams like an hysterical girl) expect success from the off. We all want success but no one has the right to expect it. We have a young team, I'm all for supporting them.

Greggs

Absolutely, we are a handful of games into the season. Problem is too many fans (LAST screams like an hysterical girl) expect success from the off. We all want success but no one has the right to expect it. We have a young team, I'm all for supporting them.
Halfway into the season now....

Users who are viewing this thread