Working to Become Financially Independent (1 Viewer)

Monners

A sack of shit. I was ambivalent towards the royals, but this bollocks has me hoping that it’s the beginning of the end for the scroungesrs

He is a loose cannon (which I admire to an extant) - but it’s obviously a compromise. “You fuck off, and we will see you right”.

The establishment is embarrassed by them (or his wife’s ethnicity). Everyone’s happy - face saved.

Obnoxious family

Last edited:

Grendel

Fair play to him. With how his wife has been treated I don't blame him. Better off out of it and just enjoy life.

Really? He’s going to make a fortune out of the inheritance from his mother and the share of the Duchy of Cornwall. She’s not been treated badly compared to say Sarah Ferguson. I suspect she’s got a higher sense of entitlement than many of the Royals

Monners

Really? He’s going to make a fortune out of the inheritance from his mother and the share of the Duchy of Cornwall. She’s not been treated badly compared to say Sarah Ferguson. I suspect she’s got a higher sense of entitlement than many of the Royals
Spot on (you are ok who drop the abuse).

NorthernWisdom

He’s going to make a fortune out of the inheritance from his mother and the share of the Duchy of Cornwall.
I think that's what gets me. He wants to withdraw from public life? Fine. His family want to support him? Fine. But, the statement about working to become financially independent has really grated. Most people do that when they start earning £20kpa. I'm sure they have enough in the bank to be able to live off the interest and buy a few houses for rental, and if he wanted to work he could always get a job at B&Q.

So obviously he's not going to do that, but the phrase is tactless in the extreme really.

Ian1779

Fair play to them - why he would want to be here when they treat his wife that way is beyond me. Probably sees similar parallels with how his mum was hounded and just wants away.

Could it also be this intention is what has strained his relationship with his brother? (who may actually want similar)

Wonder what he might do once the Queen dies? Renounce his royal title completely?

Reactions: vow

Ian1779

Be interested to see the meltdown on the ultra racist Daily Mail message boards.

Reactions: vow

Grendel

Fair play to them - why he would want to be here when they treat his wife that way is beyond me. Probably sees similar parallels with how his mum was hounded and just wants away.

Could it also be this intention is what has strained his relationship with his brother? (who may actually want similar)

Wonder what he might do once the Queen dies? Renounce his royal title completely?

They treat her with kid gloves compared to many entrants to the Family

Terry Gibson's perm

Is it a case if we can’t be bothered with the hassle but we will keep the titles.

Terry Gibson's perm

Do you mean the family? I’m thinking more the press.
Don’t think the press will be leaving them alone Wherever they go so they just need to suck it up it’s part of their life if she wasn’t comfortable with press intrusion she should have married a normal bloke.

Grendel

Do you mean the family? I’m thinking more the press.

The press have been largely supportive compared to others who have gone before. They want a rock star lifestyle and adulation with no criticism - it’s not tenable. Fly round the world and flaunt opulence and then lecture on the impact of flights on climate change and then look shocked at the vitriol - seriously

stupot07

Just a couple of examples of the British media treatment of Meghan.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

tisza

Need a sweepstake on what products they endorse first.
Saw they'd copyrighted/trademarked a load of names a while back. Hired their own commercial team.
Time for Charles to admit Hewitt's the father on the Jerry Springer show and give them some US TV air time to kick off the new business

Last edited:

shmmeee

She must have something about her. Some proper finger in the arse technique.

Have you seen her and most importantly if you’ve got that experience where were you in the Manchester rape thread?

Grendel

Just a couple of examples of the British media treatment of Meghan.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Apparently Sarah Ferguson once had a poll with two pictures - her and a goat and asked who would you rather sleep with - it’s reported 82% went with the goat.

She was called fat, ugly lazy and titled the most reviled woman in Britain

Ian1779

Apparently Sarah Ferguson once had a poll with two pictures - her and a goat and asked who would you rather sleep with - it’s reported 82% went with the goat.

She was called fat, ugly lazy and titled the most reviled woman in Britain

Daily Mail readers needed something to occupy themselves with before Brexit cane along.

Brighton Sky Blue

His slightly more intelligent brother worked out that by doing nothing except occasional waving and handshakes you get a lot of praise. His grandmother did it so well she gets to call eating banquets off gold plates ‘work’. He couldn’t follow the formula

Flying Fokker

The Royals are a con. Harry Hewitt is another con.

But maybe better than a president or dictatorship.

duffer

As long as my taxes aren't funding it, I couldn't give a monkey's about what him and his missus do.

If it makes more in tourism than it costs the public purse, then I've no great issue with having a King or Queen, in every other sense though it's completely redundant imho and there are bigger issues to worry about.

tisza

As long as my taxes aren't funding it, I couldn't give a monkey's about what him and his missus do.
You'll still be paying for their security.

That'll probably cost a bit. Plus they'll have all the wackos from her family turning up with film crews to cash in.

Thought they were supposed to be moving to Africa (Botswana maybe)? Not enough publicity there for her?

CCFCSteve

I think fair play to them, whatever makes them happy and I hope this does. I’ve always had a soft spot for Harry and William, losing their mum at an early age.

What I do disagree with is the comments that anything negative written or said about them is racist.

A majority of the previous negative press has been due to classic celebrity double standards not race (sure everyone’s already seen the read the below)....courting the press and then complaining about press intrusion (the Megan/selfie situation at Wimbledon was embarrassing, following Vanity fair guest editorial and using insta etc), raising awareness about the environment (positive by the way) and then using private jets, raising awareness about the poor (again positive) and then being ridiculously extravagant (baby shower and renovations for new home at cost to public - Megan is personally wealthy - would it have been so hard to make a gesture to cover some of these costs which would’ve put matter to bed)

One thing that surprised me most though was not attending Christmas with the rest of the family. We all have issues with other family members but put it aside over the festive period....especially when parents/grandparents/great grandparents are of any age where they might not see another one.

Its a fine balance between wanting to do good by using your celebrity status to raise awareness but if you’re doing this you have to be careful about coming across as condescending and showing lack of awareness/double standards. They have either been very poorly advised or ignored advice.

Hopefully they’ll learn from this as I believe that ultimately they are well intentioned and can do a huge amount of good (as royals or not)

Sick Boy

If it makes more in tourism than it costs the public purse, then I've no great issue with having a King or Queen, in every other sense though it's completely redundant imho and there are bigger issues to worry about.
How much are the repairs to Buckingham Palace costing the public again?

CCFC88

If something happens to Wills and his family does this make Andrew next in line after Charles? Imagine King Andrew...

Users who are viewing this thread