Woodlands (1 Viewer)

Malaka

I do know that they are reopening the school. It will be to school for all the kids that have been excluded and have behavioural difficulties. There used to be a school around there called The Meadows, it was a boarding school. It has changed it's name to Woodfield and will be moving there along with a couple of other schools that are being integrated. (well that is the plan) it could change tho

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Pretty easy to instruct some people to make enquiries when you have no serious intention of doing anything. A new ground has been mooted for 6 years including a consultative group to ask fans what colour the curtains should be and generic sketches to boot.

Stop the bullshit and either commit hard cash to a site or admit this isn’t a serious attempt.

RoboCCFC90

I do know that they are reopening the school. It will be to school all the kids that have been excluded and behavioural difficulties. There used to be a school around there called The Meadows, it was a boarding school. It has changed it's name and will be moving there. (well that is the plan) it could change tho

I wonder if there is away around that by SISU/CCFC hypothetically, for instance if the Club said it was a community hub/stadium project, Power League is up there currently, also with the school for kids with behavioural needs and a new stadium they could suggest that SBITC could base themselves there for community work. Would it pass an application through?

ccfcway

I've just had a look at an aerial picture and think you might be right.
Went there a couple of years ago and we parked in a residential area right next to the ground which was the only bit of it I saw but from the aerial view seems more spacious around the rest of the ground.

It’s a huge site around there, deceptive.

Magwitch

I do know that they are reopening the school. It will be to school for all the kids that have been excluded and have behavioural difficulties. There used to be a school around there called The Meadows, it was a boarding school. It has changed it's name to Woodfield and will be moving there along with a couple of other schools that are being integrated. (well that is the plan) it could change tho
Perhaps they will call it Block 14.

Irish Sky Blue

Shrewsbury Town
Chesterfield
Shrewsbury is on a green field site miles from anywhere. Chesterfield is in More of an urban area but has dual carriageways within 100m of the stadium. It would be great if it were to happen but I don’t think it will be that easy. And that is still supposing that Sisu are genuine.

ccfcway

You might want to sit down as I've got some shocking news for you.

Bus routes can be changed. You can even, get this, have special match day bus services. Unbelievable stuff.

Agreed. The Sisu bus used to lead to Ricoh now it leads us up the garden path

Malaka

I wonder if there is away around that by SISU/CCFC hypothetically, for instance if the Club said it was a community hub/stadium project, Power League is up there currently, also with the school for kids with behavioural needs and a new stadium they could suggest that SBITC could base themselves there for community work. Would it pass an application through?

That might work for the community aspect

ccfcway

best comparisons of urban sites so far are London and clearly they have a tube network and isn’t reliant on roads to move people about.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Haven't seen anyone mention the fact that it's reopening as a special school next year either.
No haven't seen that. Can see there was a consolation that ended in December for a school and sports village but nothing since then on the council site. When was it approved?

Of course reusing the existing buildings doesn't necessarily rule out other uses for the rest of the site. Keep saying the same thing but if its not possible then the council should come out and say it instead of messing the club around. From what we've been told, and the council haven't disputed it, the club has been trying to get a response on this for 12 months. Not hard to say its being used for something else is it?

Magwitch

I know Foxford was but was some of Woodlands also built from Spitfire bits and bobs such as panels, when Foxy was re-built a few years ago they weren’t allowed to bulldoze a couple of buildings

ccfcway

The science block burnt down in the early 90s and had to be rebuilt in the same style as the rest of it I think.

Remember it well. We got moved to portacabins. One day, science teacher “mr hoy” saw someone through a window trying to steal a bike from the bike sheds. He opened the door and asked us to run after them. Cue 25 kids running towards a guy trying to cut a chain and steal a bike.

Imagine that these days

mark82

Also, people whinging about traffic etc. It's one day every 2 weeks on a saturday with a few mid weeks thrown in after 7pm for 8 months of the year.

crying.jpg

People (my parents) are already moaning about the traffic from the highly theoretical stadium.

Liquid Gold

Once a fortnight for a couple of hours wouldn't be an issue. There would obviously be paring schemes in place. I don't get what the problem is.

Last edited:

ccfcway

Once a fortnight for a couple of hours wouldn't be an issue. There would obviously be paring schemes in place. I don't get what the issue is.

But surely the idea of a ccfc owned stadium is to secure income by having it in use more than just match days ?

fernandopartridge

Shrewsbury is on a green field site miles from anywhere. Chesterfield is in More of an urban area but has dual carriageways within 100m of the stadium. It would be great if it were to happen but I don’t think it will be that easy. And that is still supposing that Sisu are genuine.
I parked in a residential street and walked to the ground

Users who are viewing this thread