Woodlands (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

I guess that's dead as an option, then.

Would love to know how it came about as an option, who suggested it, and what confidentiality agreements stopped the information on that being shared... it'd be nice if they were dropped, maybe.

There's a story in there, I'm sure of it. Could be a surprising one, too, not as expected, maybe...

Nick

Administrator
Would it have been the same people who suggested the Dunlop site do you think? ;)

I think Duggins slipped up with that one as well, it was being asked about buying the land or long leasehold etc but Duggins kept saying "We haven't had any planning applications and will deal with them". Then it went from that to "We only had 4 pages".

shmmeee

Was it ever an option? I got the impression Sisu asked knowing the answer would be a no and it was. There’s been plans for that site for a while IIRC.

Skyblueweeman

I guess that's dead as an option, then.

Would love to know how it came about as an option, who suggested it, and what confidentiality agreements stopped the information on that being shared... it'd be nice if they were dropped, maybe.

There's a story in there, I'm sure of it. Could be a surprising one, too, not as expected, maybe...

What are you suggesting NW?

Nick

Administrator
I'm suggesting it'd be lovely if certain things could be reported...

Until the stage where confidentiality agreements are lifted, we'll never be able to know.

You were moaning on the other thread about things should just be said rather than hinted at but just doing the same?

It can't be that confident if somebody has told you something about it ;)

Malaka

Am I missing something? What is dead as an option? Woodlands or Warwick? Why is Woodlands the name of the thread? I am feeling stupid here

mark82

Am I missing something? What is dead as an option? Woodlands or Warwick? Why is Woodlands the name of the thread? I am feeling stupid here

Woodlands was mentioned as a possible site last year. I'm not entirely sure why it's being brought up, it was pretty much dismissed last year and I think there are plans for a special school on the site.

skybluetony176

As someone else pointed out, was it ever alive. The suggestion I did like was a new training ground and academy. Could be funded by selling Ryton for housing and by the look of the woodlands site on google maps the perimeter of the site could also be sold of for housing as there looks to be more than enough room to accommodate the club’s needs.

Grendel

Woodlands was mentioned as a possible site last year. I'm not entirely sure why it's being brought up, it was pretty much dismissed last year and I think there are plans for a special school on the site.

isnt the implication discussions were had and some confidential agreement was signed?

Nick

Administrator
I'm not too why it's brought up but I'm sure there's a reason...

There was some details in the statements around that time when Duggins had a mare on the radio.

shmmeee

People are too worried about saying things now. Oh for the Early GMK days of no worries about legal ramifications of forum posts.

Nick

Administrator
People are too worried about saying things now. Oh for the Early GMK days of no worries about legal ramifications of forum posts.

Oh that still happens, not as much now PWKH and his accounts has fucked off though.

NorthernWisdom

If only there'd been a desire for confidentially agreements to be waived over this, instead of us having to rely on a media presence for information.

Might have a very different impression. Might not... but might.

Nick

Administrator
If only there'd been a desire for confidentially agreements to be waived over this, instead of us having to rely on a media presence for information.

Again, didn't this mostly come out because Duggins slipped up giving it loads?

shmmeee

Going to be honest here at the risk of triggering Nick

giphy.gif

Malaka

My mate is the headteacher at the school that will be 'allegedly' taking over the woodlands site. It has protected areas 'a pond that has newts in' and besides the transport links are a no go. Woodlands although massive isn't really an option

wingy

My mate is the headteacher at the school that will be 'allegedly' taking over the woodlands site. It has protected areas 'a pond that has newts in' and besides the transport links are a no go. Woodlands although massive isn't really an option
As an Academy/ training complex ?

letsallsingtogether

Road links are better then the Uni.

Magwitch

I would put Road link, Broad Lane or Banner Lane would be okay for a training facility but not a chance for a stadium.

Johnnythespider

Is the suggestion here that the site was offered to the club but rejected ? Trying my best to channel my inner Sherlock

letsallsingtogether

They aren't really that different, and if anything are further from main roads. Only difference is proximity to Tile Hill station (but Canley station isn't that far from the uni either).
Depends where on the Warwick estate the ground might go.

duffer

They aren't really that different, and if anything are further from main roads. Only difference is proximity to Tile Hill station (but Canley station isn't that far from the uni either).

I think I'd have to politely differ here, Mark. Canley to Warwick's main campus is a fair trek, and you have to cross the A45.

Canley to any part of Warwick Uni that hasn't yet been built on (i.e. that could hold a stadium), would need a base camp and a kilo of Kendal Mint Cake, if you wanted to walk it. :)

To return to the original story - Woodlands was mooted as a possible location for a new ground/academy when at the time nothing much was going on there. As soon as CCFC expressed an interest, there seems to have been some movement on it becoming a school again.

Motto of the story, if you've got a bit of waste land that you're tired of looking at, get it proposed as a possible site for CCFC to use and I reckon the Council will do something with it lickety-split. :)

shmmeee

I think I'd have to politely differ here, Mark. Canley to Warwick's main campus is a fair trek, and you have to cross the A45.

Canley to any part of Warwick Uni that hasn't yet been built on (i.e. that could hold a stadium), would need a base camp and a kilo of Kendal Mint Cake, if you wanted to walk it. :)

To return to the original story - Woodlands was mooted as a possible location for a new ground/academy when at the time nothing much was going on there. As soon as CCFC expressed an interest, there seems to have been some movement on it becoming a school again.

Motto of the story, if you've got a bit of waste land that you're tired of looking at, get it proposed as a possible site for CCFC to use and I reckon the Council will do something with it lickety-split. :)

Not disagreeing with your general point but Canley isn’t the other side of the A45. Trust me those of us that grew up just the other side of the A45 are not from Canley (Beechwood Gardens thankyouverymuch)

duffer

Not disagreeing with your general point but Canley isn’t the other side of the A45. Trust me those of us that grew up just the other side of the A45 are not from Canley (Beechwood Gardens thankyouverymuch)

Sorry shmmee, talking about Canley station here - which is definitely t'other side of the A45 (there is a subway under it for the brave and reckless though, iirc).

I'd say there's still a slice of land between the station and the posh side of the A45, that might still be considered 'Canley', though it's possible the locals might prefer that it wasn't (Covrad to the Police Station, I'm thinking here).

Regardless, my youth was primarily spent in Tile Hill, so it's not like I can get sniffy about it. :)

shmmeee

Sorry shmmee, talking about Canley station here - which is definitely t'other side of the A45 (there is a subway under it for the brave and reckless though, iirc).

I'd say there's still a slice of land between the station and the posh side of the A45, that might still be considered 'Canley', though it's possible the locals might prefer that it wasn't (Covrad to the Police Station, I'm thinking here).

Regardless, my youth was primarily spent in Tile Hill, so it's not like I can get sniffy about it. :)

Ah misread. I’m very precious about not being Canley. I know people who lived just the other side opposite the fire station who would argue too. Sir Henry Parkes Road Id argue is still Beechwood/Canley Gardens, but definitely less posh :D More Canley Gardens than Beechwood Gardens ;)

BornSlippySkyBlue

I used to live in Pilkington Road (right next to Canley station). It was called Canley Gardens then, Beechwood I always thought was used by those who didn’t want ‘Canley’ in their address (understandable).

Either way it’s a fair trek to the further reaches of the WU site.

Users who are viewing this thread