Women's World Cup 2023 (5 Viewers)

Grendel

It’s ok - we know your fandom is the best and only fandom

The only thing I get slightly perplexed about is comparisons to the mens game - 1966 and all that.

No other sport does that does it

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think we look the better team so far but Spain look dangerous on the break

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Watching Bronze make that run you just felt she'd lose the ball and Spain would exploit her position. Good finish though.

Johnnythespider

When she got herself stupidly sent off and the following game we looked a lot better.

Frankly she's lucky to even be available. She should have got a 3 match ban but they gave her two, almost certainly due to the fact it'd be the final.
If she's lucky to be available we should take advantage of that luck, if it's tactical fine but when you're playing a technical team you need you're best technical player on the pitch.

Sky Blue Harry H

Commentator saying that Spain having the ball all the time won't sap the players energy - idiotic comment

chiefdave

We're not in this at the moment. Spain could easily be 3 up. Admittedly this is the first game of the tournament I've watched but the Spanish players seem a level above England

skyblue1991

Impressed by the quality of this game

I don't watch womens football that often but it definitely looks like the quality has improved in the last few years

Spain looking good on the ball!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

We've stopped playing the high press, when we were winning the ball back and creating chances. Need to get back to that, otherwise there is only one winner.

David O'Day

If she's lucky to be available we should take advantage of that luck, if it's tactical fine but when you're playing a technical team you need you're best technical player on the pitch.
James isn't our best technical player, far from it.

She can dribble by 3 players but she can also lose it loads as well. The current midfield is the best for a game like this but they are bypassing them far too much

Users who are viewing this thread