Women's World Cup 2019 (1 Viewer)

Rich

That was the first goal.
Ahh ok, so you're referring to the Goal where the defender decided to stop tracking back past the penalty spot leaving the goalscorer completely unmarked in the box.

Gazolba

It was England's best performance in the tournament so far.
However, there are some defensive frailties at the back that would be punished by better opponents.
I just wish people would stop comparing women's football to men's football.
England did not even have an official women's team unti 1972.
The men's team has existed since 1872.
So the women are 100 years behind. I think they are doing pretty well.

Otis

It was England's best performance in the tournament so far.
However, there are some defensive frailties at the back that would be punished by better opponents.
I just wish people would stop comparing women's football to men's football.
England did not even have an official women's team unti 1972.
The men's team has existed since 1872.
So the women are 100 years behind. I think they are doing pretty well.
But aren't women a hundred years behind in everything?

Covstu

Really looking forward to tonight’s game. The states get some serious backing from their fans, they really embrace women’s football which is no surprise they have been the best for the last decade or two. Morgan is nice to look at too!:drool:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Okay. So I've caved in and decided to give the girlies a look-in. France v USA. Bloody great game! Entertaining, fair(ish), skillful in flashes, all in all, I woz impressed! Now really looking forward to all remaining games. I think England will beat USA, and I say that not as a patriot (I'm a proud Paddy!), but I can see Phil Neville's girls running rings round them. The USA has some good players, but no-one special in my books. The US goal scorer tonight, Rapinoe, didn't seem to do much more than score those goals. If England can cope with her and the likes of Morgan and Dunn then they have every chance of progressing. Anyway, I'll definitely be watching!

bringbackrattles

Okay. So I've caved in and decided to give the girlies a look-in. France v USA. Bloody great game! Entertaining, fair(ish), skillful in flashes, all in all, I woz impressed! Now really looking forward to all remaining games. I think England will beat USA, and I say that not as a patriot (I'm a proud Paddy!), but I can see Phil Neville's girls running rings round them. The USA has some good players, but no-one special in my books. The US goal scorer tonight, Rapinoe, didn't seem to do much more than score those goals. If England can cope with her and the likes of Morgan and Dunn then they have every chance of progressing. Anyway, I'll definitely be watching!
It's a lot better than I thought it would be. Going to be a cracker England v The Yanks. Winner of that should lift the trophy. Best moment of this World Cup ?
Philip Neville and his haircut !!

dutchman

Huggy, Huggy...
3372.jpg

Macca

It was, wasn't it. If all that's gone before was, then it was tonight.

I'm lost on it. Ball cut out in penalty area with arm is not a penalty now. Can't help thinking that in the men's game in a match of such importance this would have been debated for weeks

Gazolba

It's a lot better than I thought it would be. Going to be a cracker England v The Yanks. Winner of that should lift the trophy. Best moment of this World Cup ?
Philip Neville and his haircut !!
I wouldn't count out Germany.
They have a habit of winning everything.

Gazolba

I don't think you are giving the USA team enough credit.
Megan Rapinoe is a fantastic player as are Tobin Heath and Lindsey Horan. In fact, virtually the entire US team are fantasitc players.
Not only that, but they have players on the bench that are almost as good as the starting eleven in every position.
I'm looking forward to the England vs USA match-up.
I think England could win, but only if they play to their best and the USA have an off day.

Covstu

I don't think you are giving the USA team enough credit.
Megan Rapinoe is a fantastic player as are Tobin Heath and Lindsey Horan. In fact, virtually the entire US team are fantasitc players.
Not only that, but they have players on the bench that are almost as good as the starting eleven in every position.
I'm looking forward to the England vs USA match-up.
I think England could win, but only if they play to their best and the USA have an off day.
It would be a massive feat if England beat them, they are worlds apart still and the English defence is awful

Otis

It would be a massive feat if England beat them, they are worlds apart still and the English defence is awful
Bronze and Houghton are great. Millie Bright, not so.

I can't believe that someone on the Beeb live text for the Norway game, described Millie Bright as world class.

Obviously must be on a very far and distant world where no-one has learned to kick a ball yet.

Her passing is poor and her positioning all over the place.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm lost on it. Ball cut out in penalty area with arm is not a penalty now. Can't help thinking that in the men's game in a match of such importance this would have been debated for weeks
They explained last night that if your arm is outstretched or just away from your torso, then this is deemed to "make your body area bigger". If your arm is, for example, across your chest, then I believe this is now not classed as handball. I await loads of comments saying I'm wrong, but I'm just going by what was said last night. Makes sense to me as well.

Otis

They explained last night that if your arm is outstretched or just away from your torso, then this is deemed to "make your body area bigger". If your arm is, for example, across your chest, then I believe this is now not classed as handball. I await loads of comments saying I'm wrong, but I'm just going by what was said last night. Makes sense to me as well.
I just confess, I don't like it when girls put their arms across their chests, same as when I go to London, I don't like to see the Houses of Parliament surrounded by scaffolding.

Gazolba

Netherlands defeated Italy, who I thought were a very good team.
I missed this game and in fact have not seen Nerherlands play yet.
But they must be very good to beat Italy.
I'll be watching the Germany vs Sweden game.
Germany are always a danger to anyone.

Otis

Netherlands defeated Italy, who I thought were a very good team.
I missed this game and in fact have not seen Nerherlands play yet. But they must be very good to beat Italy.
I'll be watching the Germany vs Sweden game.

Germany are always a danger to anyone.
Yep, we found that out in 1914 and again in 1939.

Gazolba

Quite a shock to see Germany's pretty lame defeat to Sweden.
Sweden seemed to get the balance of defence and offense just right to frustrate Germany.
Netherlands vs Sweden now to decide who meets England or the USA..

Otis

Thoughts for tonight?

I do think the US will win. England have only played well in little spurts and have flattered to deceive and we have ridden our luck at times too.

Hope I am proved wrong. Win and it will all look like the whole campaign has been rosy. Lose and it will just have been a half decent tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread