Women's World Cup 2019 (1 Viewer)

Otis

i'm trying but I know if I saw the men's team giving away the ball so much in a KO game I'd be doing my nut by now
Some players for sue.

Bright and Duggan are especially poor passers and always giving the ball away.

Bronze and Scott are excellent.

Last edited:

covmark

This is the first game I've watched. Technically it's not bad. Just not the speed and intensity of the mens game. The finishing is poor too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

For me that wasn’t handball BUT under the barmy new rules that should have been a penalty against England. VAR can’t even get the blindingly obvious right...get rid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

For me that wasn’t handball BUT under the barmy new rules that should have been a penalty against England. VAR can’t even get the blindingly obvious right...get rid

Yup. For me, that is exactly the sort of thing that is NOT a penalty.

I bet loads get given though under VAR.

Otis

I am enjoying it. Atmosphere is a bit flat though.

Steph Houghton reminds me a bit of Bobby Moore. The way she brings the ball out and the calmness on the ball.

Not quite the same, but I suppose we could call her Booby Moore.

lifeskyblue

Strange. There is some decent play but just not the interest I have with the men’s game...just can’t get excited. It’s a very different game from the men’s game and probably not fair to compare.

skybluetony176

Obvious thing to say but England’s best game so far. I think playing less amateurish team than in the groups and Cameroon is helping and making for a much more flowing game that’s England are thriving on.

Johnnythespider

I'll be honest I'm enjoying it, interesting on the penalty shout that if it hits another part of the body before the arm it's no pen.

covmark

Strange. There is some decent play but just not the interest I have with the men’s game...just can’t get excited. It’s a very different game from the men’s game and probably not fair to compare.

Exactly how I am. When the men went 2 up in last years quarters I was going mental. Second goal tonight I barely raised a smile.
I think its because I've invested so much of my life watching mens football. It makes it mean a lot more.
Fair play to them though. They're heading to the semis by the look of it. If we get to the final then it can only help grow the game in this country.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

I've watched a few games. I've noticed the goalkeeping is of a high standard, and they don't roll about when they get fouled, they just get on with it. Neymar should watch and take heed !

Johnnythespider

Erik the Red, Roald Amundsen, Thor Heyerdahl, Henrik Ibsen, Edvard Grieg you're girls took one hell of a beating.

Reactions: vow

tisza

does feel like 2 different sports.
get a feeling they're trying to develop into similar styles of football as the men's game but don't have the ability/physicality to do that.
was talking to a top football agent last week who is scouring Eastern & Southern Europe in particular to sign up players as he feels political/social pressure will elevate earnings out of proportion to revenue.

Otis

Actually, thinking about it, Cameroon may have a point on the racism accusations, because Ellen White scored in that game, so it WAS a case of White beating the blacks wasn't it.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I generally find the attacking play looks pretty, however the defending and goalkeeping for me is generally (not all) horrendous - finishing would make Chaplin proud.

All the stuff about women not diving - whilst the pen was a push, you’d be fuming if someone went down like that against us

Although I do want to and am happy to see England win

dutchman

A couple of these look as if they're having an orgasm!

Users who are viewing this thread