Wolves tickets (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

i will say, I don’t see why I should get dibs over someone who has gone away every game this season but has fewer points. Home and away support are two different beasts. I’d support either no or reduced points for home games.

Sky Blue Pete

i will say, I don’t see why I should get dibs over someone who has gone away every game this season but has fewer points. Home and away support are two different beasts. I’d support either no or reduced points for home games.
Think that’s what happens

Mucca Mad Boys

They are, but the loyal home fans, season ticket holders, generate revenue for the club. Away supporters

I work with a Chelsea member at work and you get, for example, 1 loyalty point for a big fixture like Tottenham at home.

They will scale down points, should Wolves away be worth 20 loyalty points? I don’t think so.

It’s all admin and probably requires a lot system changes which isn’t cheap. Which brings back to the overall point that it’s desirable, but doesn’t add any real value to the club.

Without any real evidence, that the points system partly drove up attendances in the FA Cup home ties against Oxford, Sheff W and Maidstone.

JAM See

What I mean is some people aren’t ST holders and can’t get to every game, but go to far more away games as a proportion compared to me, so IMO should be ahead of me for away tickets.
At the end of they day, fans going to away games generate no revenue for CCFC.

They need to incentivise home support.

shmmeee

They are, but the loyal home fans, season ticket holders, generate revenue for the club. Away supporters

I work with a Chelsea member at work and you get, for example, 1 loyalty point for a big fixture like Tottenham at home.

They will scale down points, should Wolves away be worth 20 loyalty points? I don’t think so.

It’s all admin and probably requires a lot system changes which isn’t cheap. Which brings back to the overall point that it’s desirable, but doesn’t add any real value to the club.

Without any real evidence, that the points system partly drove up attendances in the FA Cup home ties against Oxford, Sheff W and Maidstone.

I really don’t see how it’s some massive admin job. It’ll just be changing a number in a lookup table somewhere.

SkyBlueMatt

At the end of they day, fans going to away games generate no revenue for CCFC.

They need to incentivise home support.

But it will make people more likely to renew their ST next season. If we have a good season (like most are hoping), unless you have a ST with half decent points. Away trips will be unlikely.

JAM See

Think this is a very short sighted view of customer acquisition and retention tbh.
What would you suggest?

Doug is not going to say...

"Don't worry about getting a season ticket boys and girls, the club will ensure that any fan who's regularly putting cash into other clubs' coffers will get first dibs for big games"

ST sales fund the club, away sales in the league contribute literally nothing. It's not fair but it's fact.

Brighton Sky Blue

Mrs BSB is on around 930 points, I’m on about 1020. The difference is I’ve been to some away games that she hasn’t so appears to all be correct there.

Does make it tricky for games like this where it’s not certain to make the 900+ window.

shmmeee

What would you suggest?

Doug is not going to say...

"Don't worry about getting a season ticket boys and girls, the club will ensure that any fan who's regularly putting cash into other clubs' coffers will get first dibs for big games"

ST sales fund the club, away sales in the league contribute literally nothing. It's not fair but it's fact.

Maybe I don’t get the mindset as an almost exclusively home fan and ST holder, but who is going to home games just to get the chance to go to some big away games?

And im not sure the idea that away fans don’t put money into the club tracks. They’re usually our most committed and high spending fans surely?

Robinshio

I guess there is the challenge of people who cant make midweek games for example but would like to go home and away for every other game - Maybe they give the option of buying points so eg 50p a point when you have not attended games - so people dont feel like they are missing out but still contributing (as most of those will be watching on an illegal stream somewhere)

rob9872

Maybe I don’t get the mindset as an almost exclusively home fan and ST holder, but who is going to home games just to get the chance to go to some big away games?

And im not sure the idea that away fans don’t put money into the club tracks. They’re usually our most committed and high spending fans surely?
Mugs I think you mean. We all have ST all 3 shirts and loads of shop junk, towels, top trumps, monopoly, key rings, actual mugs, training tops, basically put our badge on any old shite and it's probably in our house 🤣

JAM See

"but who is going to home games just to get the chance to go to some big away games?"
Nobody

"And im not sure the idea that away fans don’t put money into the club tracks"
I was talking about people attending away games, the away clubs in our league get literally nothing revenue wise. Nothing from ticket sales, nothing from F&B. Nothing.

First choice for away tickets MUST go to ST holders. I'm sorry, but I can't see any other solution.

What do have in mind?

Last edited:

shmmeee

"but who is going to home games just to get the chance to go to some big away games?"
Nobody

"And im not sure the idea that away fans don’t put money into the club tracks"
I was talking people attending away games, the away club in any league get literally nothing revenue wise. Nothing from ticket sales, nothing from F&B. Nothing.

First choice for away tickets MUST go to ST holders. I'm sorry, but I can't see any other solution.

What do have in mind?

I mean I doubt the club gets cash from the family zone, but we get why treating young fans is a good thing, same with your whale customers like @rob9872 and his sky blue underpants.

If no one is buying a home ticket just for an away ticket, why would it matter if we prioritised away fans for away tickets? Let’s be honest the games fans like me are most likely to want to flex out ST rights are going to be at Wembley or home cup games. But again maybe it’s just me cos I don’t do away at all. But then surely it’s the same for anyone who doesn’t do away at all?

JAM See

I mean I doubt the club gets cash from the family zone, but we get why treating young fans is a good thing, same with your whale customers like @rob9872 and his sky blue underpants.

If no one is buying a home ticket just for an away ticket, why would it matter if we prioritised away fans for away tickets? Let’s be honest the games fans like me are most likely to want to flex out ST rights are going to be at Wembley or home cup games. But again maybe it’s just me cos I don’t do away at all. But then surely it’s the same for anyone who doesn’t do away at all?
Because ST holders bring the money into the club.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall here.

Final question, then I'll dip out.

Are you seriously suggesting that in some cases, non ST holders get priority over ST holders when it comes to ticket allocation for away games?

shmmeee

Because ST holders bring the money into the club.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall here.

Final question, then I'll dip out.

Are you seriously suggesting that in some cases, non ST holders get priority over ST holders when it comes to ticket allocation for away games?

Yeah. Or rather im suggesting going away should be weighted much more than it is compared to home to reflect that it’s a different commitment. I think going Cardiff on a winter Tuesday means more than popping ten minutes down the road to sit in the CBS. And I don’t think reflecting that would cost the club a penny in lost income.

Grendel

Yeah. Or rather im suggesting going away should be weighted much more than it is compared to home to reflect that it’s a different commitment. I think going Cardiff on a winter Tuesday means more than popping ten minutes down the road to sit in the CBS. And I don’t think reflecting that would cost the club a penny in lost income.

That’s just nonsense

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If it's one ticket per ST holder then any ST holder will get a ticket regardless of points.
Yeeeeeessssss. And I've only got 270 points.

Sky Blue Pete

What I mean is some people aren’t ST holders and can’t get to every game, but go to far more away games as a proportion compared to me, so IMO should be ahead of me for away tickets.
Wolves fa cup quarter final is not your run of the mill away game though

rob9872

Tbf we didn't sell out at Cardiff on a Tuesday, but it's time off in addition to cost, so understand why some can't nake it. We even had to let our daughter have a day off school, as it was on her birthday.

Grendel

Thats, like, your opinion man.

Well it is as the club financially benefit only from home supporters. If you had 30,000 season ticket holders and 30,000 tickets for Wembley they’d be the first in the queue and rightly so - and if I didn’t get a ticket as some bloke decided to go and see us in Blackburn and gets priority I’d not go again.

SBbucks

You’re seriously suggesting that a non-ST holder who fancies one or two away games (irrespective of where they are) should have some sort of priority over season ticket holders (who are committing £300-500 every year).
Season ticket holders provide the vast majority of non-TV revenue into the club and should be treated as priority by the club, end of story.

Your suggestion is really one of the daftest things I’ve read on here and that’s saying something.

Hertsccfc

Going to the CBS isn't popping ten minutes down the road for me. The club must give priority to season ticket holders who benefit the club financially.

SkyBlueMatt

Around Christmas someone was talking about a bubble bursting in our support. :ROFLMAO:

There might be a time we'll need to introduce some kind of ballot scheme so the away support doesn't get stale. We're not there yet. Something like holding back 10% of tickets and releasing them only at the 400, 300, ST windows.

Mucca Mad Boys

Mrs BSB is on around 930 points, I’m on about 1020. The difference is I’ve been to some away games that she hasn’t so appears to all be correct there.

Does make it tricky for games like this where it’s not certain to make the 900+ window.
It might worth you buying tickets in your wife’s name rather than your name where possible.

With the season heating up it’ll be a struggle through to the end of the season though.

Birmingham, Southampton and Blackburn should be big allocations though.

skybluecam

TBF I’ve been a ST holder every year since promotion including the Covid not really a St ST and all home cup games plus all the Wembley visits and I’ve got 830 pts.

So I’m not sure the club gives everyone the correct points.
You should probably contact them. STs alone should give you 940, cup games and Wembley should put you over 1000.

shmmeee

You’re seriously suggesting that a non-ST holder who fancies one or two away games (irrespective of where they are) should have some sort of priority over season ticket holders (who are committing £300-500 every year).
Season ticket holders provide the vast majority of non-TV revenue into the club and should be treated as priority by the club, end of story.

Your suggestion is really one of the daftest things I’ve read on here and that’s saying something.

Sorry I don’t think im special cos I have a ST 🤷🏻‍♂️

wingy

My history gave me 1050 points manually awarded in July 2022 and then this years season ticket and cup games and a manual deduction of 290 points
I've just realised your talking points, I thought it was the a Nokia model you were on about!🤔

wingy

Could be argued your getting a financial benefit already though, not that I am?

Users who are viewing this thread