Wolves must be asking questions (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Who do you think he replaces in the midfield 3 ? He’s not at the level of performance Of Kelly,Westbrooke,Shipley or Walsh
To be honest, I prefer O'Hare coming off the bench, he's a really good impact sub.

Interestingly he hasn't scored in the last 12 games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

DannyThomas_1981

Who do you think he replaces in the midfield 3 ? He’s not at the level of performance Of Kelly,Westbrooke,Shipley or Walsh

100% agree with you cc84. The competition for places in our midfield 3 is crazy. I don't ever recall having the type of depth we have in midfield. And we have Allen to slot in as well.

You could make a very good case for all of the players you have mentioned to play in our 3 based on performances this year.

For me O'Hare is the most attacking and best at transitioning with the ball (10 Bags Bayliss style) from midfield. So I think he offers something different to the rest. Well I thought that until Walshie's worldie on Saturday!

Not exactly sure how to get all our best players on the pitch - maybe something along the lines of 4-3-1-2:

Marosi

Dabo/Rose/Hyam/Mason

Walsh/Kelly/Zainbrooke

O'Hare

Max/Godden

Leaves Shipley and Allen on the bench but marginal calls - I'm one of Shipley's biggest fans so find it difficult to leave him out.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Some of the comments on here about O'Hare are ridiculous, he will end up consistently playing at a higher level than 'Bright'.

stupot07

I'd say a better comparison would be Thomas and O'Hare, albeit Thomas played more wide than Bright and O'Hare. Bright was more of a 'Maddison' type player

SlowerThanPlatt

Some of the comments on here about O'Hare are ridiculous, he will end up consistently playing at a higher level than 'Bright'.

Agreed, I think just throwing some stats isn’t a great argument especially when it’s just goals and assists.

You can be a better player than someone if you don’t contribute as many goals and assists. Shipley and Westbrooke may have contributed more in terms of
goal involvement but if you looked at the match ratings thread over the season I would guess O’Hare scores higher. It’s the same with Bakayoko and Hiwula. They are our top scorers but probably in the top 5 worst rated players this season.

Someone like Morgan Gibbs-White at Wolves has 1 goal and 1 assist in 64 games but is a Premier League player...

cc84cov

100% agree with you cc84. The competition for places in our midfield 3 is crazy. I don't ever recall having the type of depth we have in midfield. And we have Allen to slot in as well.

You could make a very good case for all of the players you have mentioned to play in our 3 based on performances this year.

For me O'Hare is the most attacking and best at transitioning with the ball (10 Bags Bayliss style) from midfield. So I think he offers something different to the rest. Well I thought that until Walshie's worldie on Saturday!

Not exactly sure how to get all our best players on the pitch - maybe something along the lines of 4-3-1-2:

Marosi

Dabo/Rose/Hyam/Mason

Walsh/Kelly/Zainbrooke

O'Hare

Max/Godden

Leaves Shipley and Allen on the bench but marginal calls - I'm one of Shipley's biggest fans so find it difficult to leave him out.
Yeah agreed mate it’s a good problem to have 3 to choose from Kelly,Allen,Westbrooke,Shipley,Walsh,O’Hare...I do feel Allen will be in there with Kelly then it’s one from the other...ive not seen Allen play that I can remember but hearing championship clubs were after him be glad to see him in the side.Walsh seems to have stepped up Shipley & Westbrooke have a great understanding and good work rates Kelly is irreplaceable but I agree O’Hare has something slightly different to the rest even if it’s coming on and changing a game.Wouldnt swap our midfield for anyone else’s in the division real strong this season defence is ok we add a striker we can make a real go of promotion.

NortonSkyBlue

I'd say a better comparison would be Thomas and O'Hare, albeit Thomas played more wide than Bright and O'Hare. Bright was more of a 'Maddison' type player

Last season I thought that Bright had the similar playing style to Bayliss from the previous year. He attacked at speed and put the midfielders and defenders of the opposition on the back foot and was able to shine in a way that Bayliss couldn't last season. O'Hare is a good player but certainly isn't playing at the same level of Bright last year IMO.
Take him back? that's a Robins decision.

Grendel

His game suited Hiwula who started to come to life in the second half of the season and they formed an effective partnership

There’s no way on earth we could play a wingback formation and have two forwards with him as well

I don’t see why we need him. Our problem is we have poor centre forwards and if we signed somehow a real quality number 9 then we would be capable of the play offs.

covboy1987

His game suited Hiwula who started to come to life in the second half of the season and they formed an effective partnership

There’s no way on earth we could play a wingback formation and have two forwards with him as well

I don’t see why we need him. Our problem is we have poor centre forwards and if we signed somehow a real quality number 9 then we would be capable of the play offs.
Don't think we will need to use the playoffs think we will pinch one of the two automatics -

Grendel

Don't think we will need to use the playoffs think we will pinch one of the two automatics -

not without a new forward we won’t have a prayer

cc84cov

Said the same Hiwula was decent enough with bright running the show creating chances

ps1948

You are spot on re last season, I can't believe the way Hiwula has gone backwards this season, and Bright's absence must be a big factor in that.
However, I would challenge the last part of your comment. We are, despite the comparatively poor contributions of the strikers, third, and if we do get a new No9 in (who?) that should only improve us.

Skyblue_CP

Pretty much this, plus, O'Hare is twice the player and plays in his position. I'd MUCH rather O'Hare in all honesty.Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I know im abit late to the party, but really? I think this is abit over the top. Personally i would say that Bright was a much better player than OHare in every department, other than maybe defensive work rate. Footballing ability, Bright is far superior.

Grendel

I know im abit late to the party, but really? I think this is abit over the top. Personally i would say that Bright was a much better player than OHare in every department, other than maybe defensive work rate. Footballing ability, Bright is far superior.

he really isn’t

Great_Expectations

I said at the time it seemed a stupid move. He was able to flourish here because we built the team around him and he had the freedom of the pitch. We also played football and had a lot of possession during games and, maybe critically for a player like him, MR managed him well.

Plus, we were always going to be challenging this year while it was evident Wigan would be fighting a relegation battle. Playing in a successful and confident team is miles better for his mental development.

As for him v O’Hare, Bright is the more naturally talented; he could win us games at this level almost singe handedly. However O’Hare will play at a higher level, he’s our most creative player and has the ability to be a match winner, but he also has the right attitude and work rate.

It’s a bit of a moot point as I doubt anything will happen, but if the option was there, why wouldn’t we sign him? Him and O’Hare as a two behind Godden or Biamou would terrorise the league.

Magwitch

O’Hare is potentially a star turn, going back years he reminds me of a young Kevin Keegan (not saying he’s as good) when he first burst on the scene a real live wire in the forward line hard for defenders to mark and pin down. I actually think he could partner a centre forward.

covcity4life

too early to say if o hare better than bright, certainly has the potential to be. if i had to choose i would say he will have a better career yes

but anyone saying it right now off the back of such limited minutes probably has an agenda against bright for leaving us though

covboy1987

not without a new forward we won’t have a prayer
Hiwula is now fit - Bakoyoka although looked out of sorts on his own last week he & Max look like having the makings of a partnership (early days) Godden soon returning and Jodi Jones could start shortly

Users who are viewing this thread