Wolves must be asking questions (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
not being funny mate but what has O’Hare done compared to what Bright was doing ? I haven’t seen O’Hare once take a game by the scruff of its neck or run a game pretty much on his own,O’Hare has a better work rate for me that’s it over Bright...Quicker ? Stronger on the ball ? Didn’t see bright miss any open goals like O’Hare did ?
You lost credibility to this post with Baka as your profile picture mate ;)

cc84cov

ability on the ball wise you're probably right.
But there's more to being a professional footballer than that. Bright was far too undisciplined, no surprise to me he's not getting a start in the Championship. You won't get away with it at that level.
Agreed although I’m comparing them at league 1 level mate Bright performed a lot higher than O’Hare has am I wrong mate ?

clint van damme

Agreed although I’m comparing them at league 1 level mate Bright performed a lot higher than O’Hare has am I wrong mate ?

it's a difficult one for me to be honest. He could cause mayhem and there were times when it was like watching the kid at school who was head and shoulders above everyone else who no-one could get the ball off. But then you'd see him sauntering about totally out of position when the opposition were on the attack.
It's a difficult choice for me but I'd probably go with O'Hare. I also think O'Hare will go on to have a better career.
Given what he can do with the ball you do have to ask why Bright isn't getting a game for Wigan? Somethings not right.

cc84cov

it's a difficult one for me to be honest. He could cause mayhem and there were times when it was like watching the kid at school who was head and shoulders above everyone else who no-one could get the ball off. But then you'd see him sauntering about totally out of position when the opposition were on the attack.
It's a difficult choice for me but I'd probably go with O'Hare. I also think O'Hare will go on to have a better career.
Given what he can do with the ball you do have to ask why Bright isn't getting a game for Wigan? Somethings not right.
Soon as he went I said to my pal it was the wrong move robins seemed right for him it’s a massive jump league 1 to championship especially in a club that’s struggling & maybe not playing to his strengths...I don’t feel we need him back I’ll add mate I’m happy how we are we just need a striker.Bright turner games on its head on his own I haven’t seen O’Hare do that once no coincidence we hit form when he came into the team.

SBAndy

As an aside, and not saying that I’d want him back imminently due to reasons stated, could you see both him and O’Hare occupying the two advanced midfielder slots in our current formation?

cc84cov

As an aside, and not saying that I’d want him back imminently due to reasons stated, could you see both him and O’Hare occupying the two advanced midfielder slots in our current formation?
Going forward yes defensively I would be slightly worried with bright he just needs that number 10 role

cc84cov

I mean is it a position if where he’s not playing wolves can recall in jan and send him elsewhere ?

SlowerThanPlatt

The way I’d sum it up is you could have 2 or 3 O’Hares in your team but only 1 Bright. As you go into the Championshp and Premier League there is far more emphasis on out of possession and tactical understanding of the game than individualism.

As good as he was for us, and he was very good in some games, his ability doesn’t cancel out the flaws within his game at a higher level

clint van damme

I'd love to see us try that though my preference is for two up front so I'm not sure you can play two up top and accommodate O'Hare and Bright.

better days

I don't know what's happened at Wigan but Bright made it clear while he was here that money was his number one motivation and that he didn't care even which country he was playing in let alone which club
He wasn't unpopular with his teammates but the vast majority of our squad don't think that way or have those priorities
Of course most would take a big move if the opportunity presents itself but generally speaking they are loyal to the club and their main priority is getting game time
I suspect Bright was teasing the manager and the Cov players in the same way he did the fans before he sloped off to Wigan

SlowerThanPlatt

He was supposed to go on tour with Wolves, their manager name checked as one of the ones to go, but never went in the end. This happened before as well when he was younger which led to some suggestions his VISA got refused which can happen for an array of reasons like withholding criminal records or using a fake DOB

Magwitch

Bright did well here and had we signed him I’d have been happy with that, but we have moved on now Westbrooke and Shipley have developed, Allen to come in anytime soon and O’Hare will get better and that’s not mentioning Kelly, JJ, Walsh and others, do we need him now ? If £600k was the Bright fee and we still have it spend it on another striker and ditch Bakayoko

CCFC88

In hindsight it wasn't the right club for him to go to, maybe without hindsight this should have been picked up by thier scouting team. From what Ive seen of him he needs to be in a top half team which dominates possession to be most effective in his free 10 role. Wigan aren't and probably didnt expect to be at that level in the Championship.

Play him in a 10 role at Leeds, Fulham or Swansea and he probably has a good season. Can only assume teams in the top half didnt want or need hm.

Wigan have very little possession in games, theyve realised need 11 players to chase and shut down the opposition, Bright is not his player. Ozil of L1

SlowerThanPlatt

Jesus christ you need a job at the telegraph mate

I read it on the Wolves forum at the time we were supposed to be signing him, apparently he’s been supposed to go on tour twice now and hasn’t been

This is from the Wolves journalist and below Wolves fans suggesting he’s had other issues

JonesBob

He can rot where he is for all I care. He made his bed and can lie in it. He was greedy and strung our fans a long with his pathetic social media posts. There are other players out there move on

Man, you sound like my Mum. I think most of this social media stuff is down to peoples' naivety and fickleness.

chiefdave

I read it on the Wolves forum at the time we were supposed to be signing him, apparently he’s been supposed to go on tour twice now and hasn’t been

This is from the Wolves journalist and below Wolves fans suggesting he’s had other issues

Their pre-season tour was to China, you can kind of write off visa issues there as 'its China', and I have a feeling they tried to add him to the squad late on for that tour. If he can't get a Visa for Switzerland that would seem more uncommon and therefore a more serious issue which you have to assume is something flagging up on a visa check.

Guess that means he'll have to miss our away Champions League games if he signs for us!

CCFC88

Their pre-season tour was to China, you can kind of write off visa issues there as 'its China', and I have a feeling they tried to add him to the squad late on for that tour. If he can't get a Visa for Switzerland that would seem more uncommon and therefore a more serious issue which you have to assume is something flagging up on a visa check.

Guess that means he'll have to miss our away Champions League games if he signs for us!
He's talking about 2018. He did make it out to Switzerland that year, left his passport in the hotel on the way home delaying the flight by an hour and a half.

Skybluemichael

He was supposed to go on tour with Wolves, their manager name checked as one of the ones to go, but never went in the end. This happened before as well when he was younger which led to some suggestions his VISA got refused which can happen for an array of reasons like withholding criminal records or using a fake DOB
if I remember right, he didn’t take him because he hadn’t signed his contract at the time he was gonna be a free agent

SAJ

Something it does highlight is the gap between league one and the championship these days. He shone for us last year and now can’t get a game. Doesn’t bode well if we did manage to get out of this league.
I can understand why you have said this but most of his appearances in football has been in the Championship. He was a regular for Wolves when they got promoted to the Premier League.

Liquid Gold

I can understand why you have said this but most of his appearances in football has been in the Championship. He was a regular for Wolves when they got promoted to the Premier League.
He didn’t play 90 minutes once that season. Hardly a key player and was surrounded by big money signings.

fernandopartridge

Where he to a certain extent could get away with his lack of discipline due to the clearly superior squad Wolves had

SlowerThanPlatt

In hindsight he should have went to a Championship club permanently. Wigan hold no loyalty to him nor do they have any interest in his transfer value. If he was signed up 3 years to a Championship club they’d be trying to work him into the side rather than just seemingly forgetting about him

stupot07

O'hare is good but I'd still have Bright back if he was available in jan, and play O'hare out wide.

And tbf its not just bright, Wigan have hardly played Sterling too.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

DannyThomas_1981

I'd have Bright back in a second. 10 Bags Bayliss has gone on the record as saying that Bright is by far the best player he's been on a pitch with. Having someone of Bright's talent available to the manager/team would be a real positive - and would create very serious problems for the oppo. Would also bring confidence to the other forwards - remember how good Hiwula looked with Bright last season. Would be a fantastic boost to have him back and I believe would lead to a good shot at the autos. You can never have enough quality in the squad - Bright is simply different class in this division.

baldy

not being funny mate but what has O’Hare done compared to what Bright was doing ? I haven’t seen O’Hare once take a game by the scruff of its neck or run a game pretty much on his own,O’Hare has a better work rate for me that’s it over Bright...Quicker ? Stronger on the ball ? Didn’t see bright miss any open goals like O’Hare did ?

I agree to be honest.....all O'Hare seems to do is run around a lot & faff with his hair

DannyThomas_1981

I agree to be honest.....all O'Hare seems to do is run around a lot & faff with his hair

O'Hare is a quality player and will be very important for us this season. He's our most natural attacking midfielder and given freedom can create chaos. He pushes the oppo back and creates space for others. For me he's an automatic starter in our midfield 3 - although I do understand the argument that he's most effective in the final 30 as a sub.

SAJ

He didn’t play 90 minutes once that season. Hardly a key player and was surrounded by big money signings.
In not saying he was a key player. At the time he would have been about 18 and was involved in about 75% of their match day squads. How many 18 year olds are doing that here and we actively go after youngsters to develop? I would expect unless your are exceptional as an 18 year old to be in 30% of match day squads.

cc84cov

O'Hare is a quality player and will be very important for us this season. He's our most natural attacking midfielder and given freedom can create chaos. He pushes the oppo back and creates space for others. For me he's an automatic starter in our midfield 3 - although I do understand the argument that he's most effective in the final 30 as a sub.
Who do you think he replaces in the midfield 3 ? He’s not at the level of performance Of Kelly,Westbrooke,Shipley or Walsh

Users who are viewing this thread