Wolves Match Thread (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Great result.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Deserved a point, although only through possession and not actual chances. Very few chances that actually caused Ikeme any kind of problem.

Baker and Moussa both passengers for long periods. Poor free kick to concede for their goal. Clumsy challenge by Clarke on a wet surface.

Phillips must have done enough now to warrant a start? Offers so much more both attacking and defensively

slyblue57

just on way back superb result . baker and moussa very poor today but still got a point. well worth seeing the goal tonite great football. fleck and thomas outstanding. pusb

SlowerThanPlatt

BW9IdWSCUAAvqoK.jpg

Attachments

• BW9IdWSCUAAvqoK.jpg
    BW9IdWSCUAAvqoK.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 17

Godiva

If we get anything from this match, we are much better than I think we are.

We are much better than I thought we were!

ajsccfc

Philips looks in pain at the bottom of that pile-on. That'll teach him to score goals, won't be making that mistake again. Richard Shaw was smart.

Hobo

Massive result for us at Wolves played some good football and only leaked one goal. Rode our luck at times, but deserved the draw. Good City following...thought Fle k had a good game.

stupot07

Just seen it on sky sports, great technique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Marty

My second game of the season (after Shrewsbury) and, for me, Connor Thomas was MoM both times.

Roll on Walsall.

He was excellent against Sheff Utd last week, put in a solid yet unspectacular performance in against Port Vale too. Hes came on leaps and bounds these last 18 months.

Just got back. From what I remember we only had 1 shot on target (the goal) and 3 shots off target (fleck wide of the post 2nd half, a Baker free kick and Webster right at the death) although I can only remember wolves having 2 shots on target. Moussa had a poor game, Baker wasn't great but at least he tries to make things happen. The centre midfield duo fleck and Thomas were awesome and just seem to get better and better especially Thomas. Murphy commanded his area well and caught or punched a lot of crosses. The defence looked solid throughout other than the goal. Aaron Phillips's goal was extremely well taken and he made a great defensive tackle at the death. The front two hardly had a sniff although Wilson tried to run through their defence at times without success. Altogether I thought we definitely deserved the draw.

Edit: Thomas - Man of the Match closely followed by Fleck

Last edited:

junglej13

Slightly off subject but Baker and Moussa seem to be the two who are a bit inconsistent. Not a big criticism as it often comes as part of the course with a creative wide player. I would though like to see us add a loan player who could give us a bit more strength on the flanks.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Cracking result
From start to finish Wolves were faster, stronger and more skilful than us. There was a difference in class between the sides that was really noticeable. Despite this Wolves rarely created clear cut chances and we deserved our point

Boys became men today

We were a bit shot shy today but before the rain came we passed the ball around with ease and made Wolves look very ordinary, the young lads did really well and the team stuck at their task and brought us a well deserved draw, if they keep playing like that I believe play offs are not out of our reach :claping hands:

Hobo

Today wasn't about taking the game to Wolves it was about taking the game away from them.

An important part of this young sides development, well done SP and the squad.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think on reflection, we set ourselves up very well. You can't go all out attack against teams like Wolves, and we defended astutely (that's an under-used word is to :D)

Wolves caused us more problems than we did them, but we came up trumps when it mattered

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think on reflection, we set ourselves up very well. You can't go all out attack against teams like Wolves, and we defended astutely (that's an under-used word is to :D)

Wolves caused us more problems than we did them, but we came up trumps when it mattered

Not sure that "Astute" would agree! :D

Tommystours

What a day.went to the game with City legend Benno.I ended up in the Billy wright stand opposite the city fans, sitting on my hands,until we scored and the Wolves fans looked bemused when I was going yampy.time for a quick exit.
Great atmosphere Wolves fans really loud , but City fans were awesome.sky blue song after we scored brilliant. In our coventry home all in unison fantastic.twist and shout unbelievable Proud to be City .had some great banter in a box with Wolves fans after the game and they thought we fought back well.
PuSB.

shmmeee

We could be a lot better than a lot of people think we will ever be!

Early days, but the nucleus of the squad is good for another 2-3 years before the senior players (Murphy, Webster, Baker) start dropping off at which point we'll have a core of 22-25 year olds plus whoever else comes through the academy. Exciting times if we can keep the setup together. As always, my only worry is our previous form when we've had players/managers doing well. For this to work we need to keep the vast majority of our talent, no more than one major player should be sold in any one season IMO, and they need to be replaced effectively if and when they are sold. You can't cream off the top talent from the academy and not replace it with similar quality.

Cracking result
From start to finish Wolves were faster, stronger and more skilful than us. There was a difference in class between the sides that was really noticeable. Despite this Wolves rarely created clear cut chances and we deserved our point

Boys became men today

Couldn't disagree more. Thought Wolves looked decidedly ordinary and we looked the classier side with our slicker passing game.
It would have been a travesty had we not got something out of the game.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What was our goal like?

Now I've seen it on tv I can say it was a well take finish, which looked like Phillips called for as Leon kinda ducked (or at least didn't jump for it).

Not sure what I was looking at at the time, but I didn't see the lead up to the goal. Just managed to see Phillips tuck it away. Bit of a buggar when you travel to a game and miss your only goal! If I was in the lol or summit I'd understand, but I was at my seat!

Great ball over my Wilson too!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Now I've seen it on tv I can say it was a well take finish, which looked like Phillips called for as Leon kinda ducked (or at least didn't jump for it).

Not sure what I was looking at at the time, but I didn't see the lead up to the goal. Just managed to see Phillips tuck it away. Bit of a buggar when you travel to a game and miss your only goal! If I was in the lol or summit I'd understand, but I was at my seat!

Great ball over my Wilson too!
Never heard it called the lol before :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Couldn't disagree more. Thought Wolves looked decidedly ordinary and we looked the classier side with our slicker passing game.
It would have been a travesty had we not got something out of the game.

Wolves controlled the game when it came to creating chances, but I thought we mached them possession wise. Just a shame we didn't have more possession in ir around their box. We only created 3 chances I think, which by our standards this season isn't the best. But that said I think we were set up differently, knowing that Wolves would be an attacking force.

They were good going forward but nothing special at the back. Reminds me of our own team In a way :D

Users who are viewing this thread