Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Saturday 16th Mar (9 Viewers)

Kingokings204

As for the game. It got very emotional at the end. To be 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go to losing the game 2-1 in the last minute. To winning the game in the 100th minute is what football is all about. We’ve been through so much and to see everyone so happy and even crying like a few blokes by us was just magical. What a team we have. Wolves have injuries but they still have quality all over the pitch. Ait nouri and kilmann are probaly worth 60m for the pair alone. Lemina. Etc

it was one of those days that makes it all worth while.

wingy

Just watched some highlights package,So Jonathan Pearce isn't so bad closing with Coventry win 3-2 Shamelessly,Who was alongside him Pearson,had to be a manager cooly about the game and measured!

Deity

A lot of people would have you believe even mediocre Premier League players are in some way superhuman. Nice to put that bullshit to bed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Let’s not kid ourselves as brilliant as we were yesterday, and we were magnificent, Wolves would beat us most weeks. We have seen that with how the promoted teams have coped this season.

Wolves didn’t have their first 4 first team attackers …. This was a big part of why they looked so toothless

Brighton Sky Blue

Let’s not kid ourselves as brilliant as we were yesterday, and we were magnificent, Wolves would beat us most weeks. We have seen that with how the promoted teams have coped this season.

Wolves didn’t have their first 4 first team attackers …. This was a big part of why they looked so toothless
Yet even with injuries they’re still a top half PL side. Play that tie 10 times and we lose most of them sure, but that’s the beauty of cup football.

Sky Blue Pete

Why would we care about teams not having their best players

hill83

get out GIF

Brighton Sky Blue

They didn't look like they'd beat us 9 times out of 10 tbf, they were shite.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
They put in a really complacent performance, goalkeeper aside. It should give people belief though that if we ever make it up that talk of threatening Derby’s record is insane. Even these piss poor Sheff Utd and Burnley teams will get at least double that total this season.

We’d be in a relegation battle sure, but like Luton we’d be making a fist of it.

Mcbean

This comment made me smile from fb

“Darren it looks like the dingles are busy booking hotel rooms for Wembley but oh wait 9 minutes…..

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree - would like to go to Wembley with a slim chance, so Chelsea or Man U for me (although Leicester would be fun/unbearable!)
Both Man Utd and Chelsea are very inconsistent. We could get twatted or equally spring an upset.

Liverpool hunting silverware for Klopp’s farewell, no chance
Guardiola wanting silverware because his side are struggling to defend the league title, no chance

Sky Blue Harry H

Both Man Utd and Chelsea are very inconsistent. We could get twatted or equally spring an upset.

Liverpool hunting silverware for Klopp’s farewell, no chance
Guardiola wanting silverware because his side are struggling to defend the league title, no chance
Agree with all of that - off at a tangent, it was the first time I've heard MR say that as well as a Cup run, he'd been tasked with getting us to the play offs 3 times in 5 years (sure I heard him say that) which sounded a strange thing to publicise. It also sounds a bit 'pressured'. I was wondering if there was any correlation between that and the length of the stadium contract with Ashley? Don't wat to go down that rabbit hole on such a glorious weekend, but just had me wondering.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree with all of that - off at a tangent, it was the first time I've heard MR say that as well as a Cup run, he'd been tasked with getting us to the play offs 3 times in 5 years (sure I heard him say that) which sounded a strange thing to publicise. It also sounds a bit 'pressured'. I was wondering if there was any correlation between that and the length of the stadium contract with Ashley? Don't wat to go down that rabbit hole on such a glorious weekend, but just had me wondering.
With a high transfer spend comes higher expectation, but I doubt that if he ‘only’ made two top 6 finishes that he’d be out the door.

It’s not helpful of King to say that I agree. Interesting that King also said after the game that he was trying to give MR all the tools he needs to get promoted which is a bit at odds with how the January window panned out.

Sky Blue Harry H

It’s not helpful of King to say that I agree.
It was more that MR said it. I can understand that most owners etc sit down with the manager and discuss targets/expectations for the upcoming season(s), I was just interested that MR mentioned it alongside the FA Cup run (which he had mentioned before) , particularly with the 3 times in 5 years. I suppose it has little context in terms of how conversational those targets were discussed (a chat/a demand etc). MR doesn't seem to have an axe to grind, and I can't believe that DK dare consider ousting the real 'king' but i found it interesting nonetheless.

Brighton Sky Blue

It was more that MR said it. I can understand that most owners etc sit down with the manager and discuss targets/expectations for the upcoming season(s), I was just interested that MR mentioned it alongside the FA Cup run (which he had mentioned before) , particularly with the 3 times in 5 years. I suppose it has little context in terms of how conversational those targets were discussed (a chat/a demand etc). MR doesn't seem to have an axe to grind, and I can't believe that DK dare consider ousting the real 'king' but i found it interesting nonetheless.
The 3 times in 5 years were King’s words in the summer weren’t they?

Mcbean

On the subject of man of the match - to be fair to MC Moist he was asked about 5 mins before full time and mentioned Bobby Thomas and Sheaf - but also said there’s time to go - he gave it to Ait Nourri who was apart from the cheating Sa the only Wolves player in the game - each time he got it we were under pressure !

Mcbean

Got back from the game what a day brilliant all the way through - loaded up with beers decided to watch the recorded game - ffs Lescott useless talentless punter - where’s the Cov player - could you imagine Benno there - viewers would be begging for more

but I am sorry but Eni Aluko NO !! Empty head no charisma - what is it tv people can’t see

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Bellagarde missing as well
I don’t care who they had missing - that wolves team was more valuable than ours and should be beating us.

I’m pissed off at the “we have a small squad with players missing”

we were brilliant and had to be to beat that side. We had a 10 minute spell where the prem quality showed. They only got back into it becuase we were all over the place and they were clinical.

Over the 100 minutes we wanted it more and outclassed them for the 90 other mins

Ian1779

yeah I drove to yesterdays game and heard him. He said all that and the bit that stuck with me was 8/13 are brilliant odds. I don’t see how you don’t win. Maybe he was trying to get everyone to lose their money on wolves really. 😂😂
Very few journalists/pundits/bookies do any research outside of the top flight teams. So when they try to sound all knowledgeable about us just come across as thick twats.

mrfr

Still buzzing this morning. Finding it very funny that the only semi Gary O’Neil got was from Joleon Lescott and the fawning ITV coverage.

If he was half as good of a manager as the footballing press says he is he’d have properly planned for the game and not made a bad assumption about our formation with no plan B and then spent 20 minutes doodling on his iPad trying to work it out before his goalkeeper bought him a few minutes with the players.

He’d have reacted to the absolute pummelling their goal got throughout the game and he’d have shut the game down at 2-1 like a proper football team should. I’ve never given a shit about Wolves and find their fans to be a pretty level headed bunch overall but seeing him lose yesterday was very pleasing - their anonymous Chinese betting company sponsors and their dodgy Portuguese super agent connections must be gutted this morning.

stevefloyd

I like Gary O'Neill, but this quote stinks of sour grapes:

"Coventry were able to capitalise on the fact they played us on a day when we were miles below our best with loads of players missing, and we weren’t able to get it done"
Maybe our quote should be " Wolves were able to play us after Hamer got injured in the semi final and effectively cost us the game, if we had won we would have had more players to have chosen from and our manager wouldn't have been able to inspire his team to outplay you and gloat at your ballboy wasting time" or maybe Gary Oexcuse could have been humble and said well done to Coventry who on the day thoroughly deserved to beat us !!! prize twat

stevefloyd

Has to be up there, even for a neutral it's an amazing game.
Even my mate who supports that other lowly Manchester team and worked at Peugeot and said he disliked our mighty team because it was rammed down his throat for all those years said what a fantastic game of football it was and the mighty Coventry City FC deserved to win, but he did follow it up saying Wolves were shit... I told him we made them look shit :)

Users who are viewing this thread