Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Saturday 16th Mar (2 Viewers)

MalcSB

Not for me. Call me a scrooge but don't get this glorifying of running on the pitch (regardless of age). Yes emotions were very high, but it will only encourage others sadly. I get it's not the same as some drugged up idiot running on during a game, but rules are rules. Stay off the pitch.
I agree. They won't be letting Palmer on the Wembley pitch.

procdoc

Right, I’ve finally recovered from yesterday!

On the way to the game I was thinking I’ll be happy as long as we turn up and give it everything.

I wasn’t expecting us to have so much possession and we used the ball incredibly well. If not for Sa and some suspect finishing we would’ve been out of sight.

Defensively we looked solid. We made a mistake for their equaliser and their second goal was down to individual brilliance from Ait-Nouri. The speed he glides across the pitch at whilst in possession of the ball is breathtaking. And his pass to Bueno was exquisite.

Ben Sheaf was unreal. His composure on the ball was a joy to watch. Palmer can frustrate but he shown real moments of quality and was so unlucky not to score.

Simms was a wrecking machine. He bullied experienced centre halves for 100 minutes. Yes he missed a sitter but he didn’t let it affect him.

Bidwell turned into prime Roberto Carlos yesterday, he put in some exquisite crosses. When he emptied his pockets I’m sure he found Nelson Semedo in there.

I’ve said it since day one, Wright is a fantastic player at our level. His movement is premier league quality and he was the coolest person in Molineux when Simms laid it off the him.

Finally, Mark Robins. Everyone, including Wolves, assumed we were playing a back 5. Switching to a back four and pushing MVE further forward was an absolute tactical masterclass. For me, he’s unquestionably our greatest manager ever.

It’s the best game I’ve ever been to

shmmeee

Love the thing people do to just add something random in to make themselves sound better. No one has ever said O’Hare is a disruptive influence. But let’s add that in to make myself seem better 😂

Warwickhunt

Not been a good weekend for Fester by the look of things🤣

Flying Fokker

Just about recovered, don't remember getting in last night. Absolutely incredible day.

Favourite moment after the game was getting on the train back to Manchester and the person checking tickets seeing my shirt and loudly saying "Oh these 2 have tickets for Wembley"
That just sent shivers down my spine. How good is that?

Mcbean

Walking back up that hill from the away section with nearly 5000 Cov fans singing Que Sera Sera, it doesn’t get much better than that!
I felt sorry for the Wolves fans caught in the traffic alongside the path of Cov fans - the odd tap on the car roof and drowning out their radios - bless

Gibbo

If like me, you've already sacked off the pretence of doing any work today, relive it all here - 5 live, WM and CWR commentaries can be found here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/68204705 (injury time is from around 1h45m in)

Talksport commentary is here -

Oh and here are 11 different commentaries from around the world for the winner :love: -

Absolutely brilliant. I think I have watched the last goal about 50 times

Ccfcisparks

If like me, you've already sacked off the pretence of doing any work today, relive it all here - 5 live, WM and CWR commentaries can be found here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/68204705 (injury time is from around 1h45m in)

Talksport commentary is here -

Oh and here are 11 different commentaries from around the world for the winner :love: -

Not sure a chant for Haji to the tune of a gary glitter song will take off

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but did anyone see the middle-aged guy in a Wolves shirt trying to start on Cov fans as we made our way up the slope outside the away end? Old bill came and nicked him pretty sharpish, which was probably best for his own safety. Random, and funny as!

Users who are viewing this thread