Wobbly back 3 (1 Viewer)

skybluecam

The problem is our midfield not the back 3. We struggled with the press because there was no one to play out to and our midfield was completely bypassed in transition.

ccfc1234

One big error from Thomas and the 2nd goal McFadz was caught up the pitch and for some reason rather than engage the attacker Thomas retreated 30 yards to the point the forward was in the box and able to pick his spot. Its a steep learning curve at this level and I am sure like Doyle last season he will improve strongly as the season progresses. McFadz really impressive and currently our best defender.

Legia Sky Blue

One big error from Thomas and the 2nd goal McFadz was caught up the pitch and for some reason rather than engage the attacker Thomas retreated 30 yards to the point the forward was in the box and able to pick his spot. Its a steep learning curve at this level and I am sure like Doyle last season he will improve strongly as the season progresses. McFadz really impressive and currently our best defender.

Their 2nd goal was particularly poor. With Fadz out of position the professional thing to do would have been to engage their goalscorer before he got anywhere near our area, and brought him down if necessary and taken a yellow card. Retreating back into our own area inviting the guy to shoot was asking for trouble.

TomRad85

The second goal was all 3 of them if I'm remembering correctly. Shite pass from Lati, Fadz... absolutely no idea where he was off to, Thomas backing off.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Barnsley

You think you’ve got problems, our last seasons back 3 have been sold for around £8M (obviously Thomas was on loan and the money went to Burnley, but he was worth £2M none the less) so we’ve gone from having a back 3 worth a combined £8M ish, and we’ve replaced them with a 22yo free transfer from Woking, a 19yo from Pontefract collieries, who cost less than a second hand fiesta, and pushed our 23yo right back over, and made him captain.

fair enough they’ve just kept 2 clean sheets on the bounce away from home, but you think you’ve got defensive problems, you don’t know your born.

TomRad85

You think you’ve got problems, our last seasons back 3 have been sold for around £8M (obviously Thomas was on loan and the money went to Burnley, but he was worth £2M none the less) so we’ve gone from having a back 3 worth a combined £8M ish, and we’ve replaced them with a 22yo free transfer from Woking, a 19yo from Pontefract collieries, who cost less than a second hand fiesta, and pushed our 23yo right back over, and made him captain.

fair enough they’ve just kept 2 clean sheets on the bounce away from home, but you think you’ve got defensive problems, you don’t know your born.
Interested to see how you think Thomas and Kitching will get on at this level long term?

Barnsley

Interested to see how you think Thomas and Kitching will get on at this level long term?

They’ll boss it, two quality players, still lots to learn, but they’ll keep improving for a few years to come, they’re no John Stones or Mason Holgate, but they could easily become an Ethan Pinnock / Alfie Mawson .

slowpoke

I’m sure Robins will keep an eye on them 😉

Dhinsa's_Millions

Thomas was poor, at fault for all 3 goals imo, completely unwilling to close down the space and looks shit scared whenever anyone runs at him. Needs to be dropped, work on his game and come back stronger. Looked every bit a league one defender today.
I think Thomas had been massively overrated by the fanbase so far. Definitely at fault for all three goals and doesn't do the basics well. I'd move Lati to the right side and bring Kitching straight on the right side of the three.

shmmeee

I think Thomas had been massively overrated by the fanbase so far. Definitely at fault for all three goals and doesn't do the basics well. I'd move Lati to the right side and bring Kitching straight on the right side of the three.

I think MvE would benefit from Lats on that side too. He plays good balls for Dasilva that Thomas never does for MvE.

skybluecam

Was really disappointed with Thomas yesterday - at fault for all 3 I thought. Terrible backpass and backed off his man for the other two. Not sure how he ended up on the left for the first goal though.

Kitching - Fadz - Lati is probably the move next time out.

MikeyMoo

Watching the teams that went up to the Premier League as well as the Championship this season it seem defense is a problem across the board at this level. No-one could get Premier League players coming down, so shoring up has required L1 youth players with talent who will hopefully develop quickly. When you think of the chances we haven't put away in the 5 games, I don't think any defense in this league will stop us creating enough scoring opportunities to win games. The task is to get our own defense to function faster than other teams in the League can.

Hiraeth

Defence didn't look great although you could have said the same about last years defence when they shipped four goals against Sfoket, taking it as an off day against opponents who can take advantage of it

pusbccfc

napolimp

I wasn't too bothered by Thomas's defending for the first goal, best to not risk giving away a penalty, but Latibeaudiare was on the wrong side of his man in the centre. Second one I'm confused by why Thomas decided to just keep backing off instead of committing to a challenge way outside the area. Third was obvs 100% Thomas's fault, pretty poor game for him overall but am sure it's a one off. At least he didn't have Hoedt's performance.

covcity4life

Thomas had a bad game. He's been good other than that

If kitching does become a starter though it probably is Thomas to drop out as lati and mcfadz been more impressive so far

Users who are viewing this thread