Wobbly back 3 (1 Viewer)

glamour76

For me, Thomas at fault for 2 of the goals & back 3 looked unsure all game

mmttww

spartacus GIF

long way home

We got pressed and made wrong decisions more times than not, it will happen. Thomas is young and Lati inexperienced at LCB, they need time.

We didn't lose and Robins and staff will have more than a week to work with the group on picking better decisions, we will learn a lot from that today and improve. Not many teams will press as fast as they do or be so quick once they they turn it over.

Last edited:

Nuskyblue

The back 3 are fine, our lack of pressure on the ball is the issue.

They were allowed to basically walk it from back to front for two of the goals when based on evidence their back 3 are less than great under pressure....

Terry Gibson's perm

They need to learn when to pass it short and when not to, the same with the goalkeeper who makes the wrong decisions so many times in a game

Marty

Thomas was poor, at fault for all 3 goals imo, completely unwilling to close down the space and looks shit scared whenever anyone runs at him. Needs to be dropped, work on his game and come back stronger. Looked every bit a league one defender today.

Briles

Thomas was poor, at fault for all 3 goals imo, completely unwilling to close down the space and looks shit scared whenever anyone runs at him. Needs to be dropped, work on his game and come back stronger. Looked every bit a league one defender today.

He's been solid up until today tbf

Mucca Mad Boys

Thomas was only at fault for 3rd and final goal.

Lati got beat for their first and for the second goal, we got caught out when McFadz pressed way beyond his position causing Lati and Thomas to collapse in to give Martins the space needed.

A like for like situation happened where two players (Thomas was one of those), the Watford player beat the pressing players with one pass. Had it not been for a heroic Fadz block, we would’ve conceded.

A day to forget for both defences because I felt we cut them up a few times too.

ceetee

The biggest mistake was trying to pass through their midfield. When we went round or over them their defence was very flaky. It's all very well passing out from the back but there are times when you have togo round or over.

Boicey

Thomas and Kitching are young players who have never played at this level. A big learning curve.

Mucca Mad Boys

Thomas and Kitching are young players who have never played at this level. A big learning curve.
That and defensively, both teams were vulnerable today and had bad games as a while.

These kind of games just happen, otherwise the defence has been solid.

I said to my lad after about 20 minutes that Thomas needed to come off. Just wasn’t his day. Then the poor back pass and not coming out to the attacker directly resulted in two goals. I’m surprised Robins couldn’t see the issue earlier and swap him out. His performance would’ve knocked his confidence today.

On another point, should the managers sit in the stands so they can get an overview of the game, we could see issues that clearly weren’t addressed. Fadz looked like he was trying to make up for the other two as well as his own position at times.

Users who are viewing this thread