Wilson dive (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

I have played that clip back over and over - there is no contact, Wilson dived.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So why did the Rotherham manager (reputation for complaining) say that they accepted the red card in his interview after?

Flying Fokker

Looked like he dragged his foot back at first but he was clipped on his heel a split second before.Maybe the pen was more about what the defender had been getting away with before?

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

To be fair it looked a dive was right in front of us, but to be fair would have expected him to score if he had stayed on his feet.
But hey before that the ref had given us nothing and it was the linesman that called it.

theferret

Was right in line and he was clipped. No complaints from their manager and the player walked with no objections. Not sure why we would stir up controversy when clearly there isn't any (not over the foul in any case).

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Clearly clipped him but looks like it was outside the box. But in truth a penalty was only fair considering he was through on goal.

Flying Fokker

It's all a bit of a mystery how I got there. Certainly won't see City play again until we are back home though. KCIC.

ccfctommy

From where I was I didnt think there was a dive,but I was suprised it was a penalty and not a free kick.

pusbccfc

There was definitely contact. Although he dived forward to give the impression it was inside the box.

Not sure what the fuss it is about, he would of scored anyway?

mrtrench

The Telegraph report says he was shoved in the back - this is clearly incorrect. Stepped through again frame by frame: it is possible there is some accidental contact about 1 yard outside the box, I cannot tell from the picture. However the guy is nowhere near Wilson when he falls.

"So what?" some people are asking. Well clearly it is up to the individual, but I hate this kind of cheating.

M&B Stand

Really poor conditions, Wet pitch, he clearly slipped. Loads of players lost their footing yesterday.

ps1948

I can't help but wonder at the lengths to which some of our own fans go to stir up shit. There are several on here who think there was contact, the Rotherham player thought there was contact and started to walk off without complaint, the Rotherham manager didn't complain and say that his player had told him there was no contact, the linesman saw it and gave it, yet still mrtrench plays it through "frame by frame" to stir it up.

I watched the injury to Wilson which was reported as a dislocated shoulder, but I clearly saw him rub his ankle - the boy's a blatant cheat!

mrtrench

He clearly and deliberately flicked his foot just outside the area. Watch it again you can see the defender lift his foot. You can see he has to change his stride to do it.

You are right - looking at the defender rather than Wilson shows that he deliberately clips him. I take it all back. :)

mrtrench

I can't help but wonder at the lengths to which some of our own fans go to stir up shit. There are several on here who think there was contact, the Rotherham player thought there was contact and started to walk off without complaint, the Rotherham manager didn't complain and say that his player had told him there was no contact, the linesman saw it and gave it, yet still mrtrench plays it through "frame by frame" to stir it up.

I watched the injury to Wilson which was reported as a dislocated shoulder, but I clearly saw him rub his ankle - the boy's a blatant cheat!

Stir up shit? Oh do grow up, I am chatting on a fan internet site, not writing to the FA.

ps1948

Just pointing out that you are a City fan on a CCFC site, trying to imply (wrongly, now acknowledged by you) that our player dived to win the penalty....

mrtrench

Just pointing out that you are a City fan on a CCFC site, trying to imply (wrongly, now acknowledged by you) that our player dived to win the penalty....

So your point is, that if I support Coventry City I should blindly accept everything that happens during a game without engaging my own intelligence? Or that I should keep quiet about it if I do happen to have an opinion that isn't "toeing the party line"? Ain't gunna happen matey. The whole point of this forum is to exchange views and chat.

Moreover, I wasn't implying anything. I stated that I thought he had dived. Implications are for wusses.

italiahorse

So your point is, that if I support Coventry City I should blindly accept everything that happens during a game without engaging my own intelligence? Or that I should keep quiet about it if I do happen to have an opinion that isn't "toeing the party line"? Ain't gunna happen matey. The whole point of this forum is to exchange views and chat.

No opinion on this one as its on film. Clearly tripped outside the box with the defender altering his stride to do a classic trip. No dive.

Norman Binns

Just because you’re on a CCFC fan on a CCFC website doesn’t preclude you from giving your thoughts and opinions which may not be favourable to your own team. The poster has had the good grace to acknowledge his error which makes a refreshing change on here.

M&B Stand

Moreover, I wasn't implying anything. I stated that I thought he had dived. Implications are for wusses.

I did think it strange, after such a good result, to come on here and accuse one of our own of cheating when clearly he wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread