Will you? (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Should I be grateful for them not doing something wrong. What sort of loser mentality is that??

This has been an indifferent transfer window. No praise or criticism needed.

luwalla

We have two angles to judge from. Waggot says they had to fend off serious interest etc. I believe him, but many won't. Fair enough.
We also had several none Cov related media outlets reporting interest/enquiries on Clarke, Wilson & Christie. With a reported 500k turned down for Christie.

I'd say its obvious there was bids & they were flat refused. I'm pleased this young side remains in tact. Credit to Pressley, Waggot & , dare I say it, Sisu for allowing that to happen.

i put my car up for sale.. and i had a few calls about it & lots of interest.. but no one actually came round to see it, or put an offer in, so i stood strong & decided not to sell

we had one 'rumored' 300k bid from sheffield .. which would have been easy to turn down.. sheffield were most likely just testing us to see if they could get a real bargain because we were skint ( if they even made that offer ).... yes we had a few people watching our young players, but clubs watch young players all the time, and im pretty sure they oooked at them & thought " hey these guys have potential, lets keep an eye on them over the next year or so & see if it continues". Like i say "Interest" does not equal 'Bids" and its pretty easy to not sell your players , if you dont actually get any bids for them!

Nick

Administrator
i put my car up for sale.. and i had a few calls about it & lots of interest.. but no one actually came round to see it, or put an offer in, so i stood strong & decided not to sell

we had one 'rumored' 300k bid from sheffield .. which would have been easy to turn down.. sheffield were most likely just testing us to see if they could get a real bargain because we were skint ( if they even made that offer ).... yes we had a few people watching our young players, but clubs watch young players all the time, and im pretty sure they oooked at them & thought " hey these guys have potential, lets keep an eye on them over the next year or so & see if it continues". Like i say "Interest" does not equal 'Bids" and its pretty easy to not sell your players , if you dont actually get any bids for them!

What about the bid from huddersfield?

wince

Willson has been with us since school and played five games and people want to praise sisu for not selling him ,are they for real , what next sell someone after one game? oh forgot we tried that,

covmark

Sorry i forgot that it is such an insignificant matter playing our home matches outside Coventry !!!!!
I'm sure everyone agrees with you ?
we all know we're playing our home games outside Coventry, we don't need morons like you reminding us every 5 minutes

Astute

What about the bid from huddersfield?

Which was reported as being only 300k. We all know that if they had put a proper bid in for Christie he would have gone. Did SISU expect them to put a proper bid in after that one was turned down?

RoboCCFC90

Sorry for being a moron and upsetting your suck upto to Sisu day !!!!!!

Will you two get a damn room!!

Yes we know that CCFC are playing in Northampton and that's not excusable, however there were many on this forum yesterday expecting SISU to sell the likes of Christie and Wilson just for the cash, this hasn't happened which means they're backing the manager. Maybe now we should show our support to the manager and his team as well.

We will return home..

RoboCCFC90

Which was reported as being only 300k. We all know that if they had put a proper bid in for Christie he would have gone. Did SISU expect them to put a proper bid in after that one was turned down?

£500K According to Deadline Day..

Astute

change the record

Don't expect us to praise them too much.

Bringing us home is top priority for most of us. It would feel like our club again. Yet you think we should forget about it and not mention anything about it.

Danceswithhorses

Give SISU any credit for keeping this young exciting squad together, if they manage to fend off a few bids & enquiries from better placed clubs than ourselves?

No? Didn't think so.

Wow edgy, you have such an open mind (not)...putting people down before they've even had the chance to reply !

italiahorse

Give SISU any credit for keeping this young exciting squad together, if they manage to fend off a few bids & enquiries from better placed clubs than ourselves?

No? Didn't think so.

I expect a management team to keep the team together, that's a given.
However where are the centre backs we require?
Whilst every other team in the league is looking to improve, we are happy that we stay where we are :facepalm:
Fcuk SISU

covmark

Sorry for being a moron and upsetting your suck upto to Sisu day !!!!!!
show me one post where I've sucked up to sisu, everyone knows what the priority is, on the other hand it was a pleasant surprise that none of our better players were sold yesterday.

Ashdown1

Playing home games in Northampton, piss poor suicidal revenue streams, alienation of 92% of supporters, disenfranchisement of the younger generation of City fans, no club shop to speak of, no new kit or sponsors, still a threadbare squad of mainly young players.....................Give credit to SISU, I don't think so.

Some credit maybe to SP though for keeping things together on the pitch in the most horrendous of circumstances !!

RoboCCFC90

Still not enough. SISU know this. It is why he is still with us.

Everyone knows that £500K for Christie isn't enough, had they of bid £1Mil then SISU's blood pressure might have risen.

Lets just hope we can negotiate new deals for the likes of Moussa, Christie and Wilson.

SkyBlueHomer

No? Didn't think so.

Why should we?

Don't forget at forums our mate Timmy did say they would be prepared to pump in however much money it took to get us this move to the new stadium.
Surely this would include keeping our best players

skyblueman

They didn't sell 'cos the cash cow players ain't fat enough yet - whilst I would agree the offers as reported weren't good enough I just reckon SISU believe we might have another Bale in the making and one fine day we will get £100 Million for one of our youngsters and all will be rosy in the garden....

More likely they will over value anyone with any kind of potential just like they will the value of the basket-case of a club they sadly preside over

CovFan

SISU deserve a tiny bit of credit for what they've done but it's completely insignificant to the harm they've caused the club.

skybluebeduff

The answer is no! Why?
The bids yesterday were under market value for the players. For a start Sheff Utd don't have much money at all, so there bids were probably unacceptable.
You only have to look at the ridiculous prices being spent yesterday, to realize they would of been sold if the bids were at market value!!

Users who are viewing this thread