Will we leave Cov again? (1 Viewer)

Will we leave Cov again this season

• Yes

Votes: 73 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 73 50.0%

• Total voters

Grendel

In all honesty, I don’t give a fuck, it just needs sorting.

It does but can’t see how or by who

fatso

Every time it’s the same - “Surely THIS is the final straw for Wasps/the council”. And yet it never is.

As fans we need a new strategy, heaven help us if the club is still clinging on to this strategy too.
There's very little alternative, Wasps will try every trick in the book to stay alive.
If we move home again, the loss of our rent and the subsequent legal case from Sisu for damages, will make Wasps survival that much harder, and make them far less attractive for any saviour.
The question is, ....can we sustain the financial loss in the meantime?

It's far from ideal, but it's an opportunity that I'm sure SISU will consider.

Any alternative leaves Wasps alive and in ownership of the Arena, which does nothing to help CCFC or SISU.

So I say, take the pain now, and take the opportunity that stands in front of us.

higgs

There's very little alternative, Wasps will try every trick in the book to stay alive.
If we move home again, the loss of our rent and the subsequent legal case from Sisu for damages, will make Wasps survival that much harder, and make them far less attractive for any saviour.

Any alternative leaves Wasps alive and in ownership of the Arena, which does nothing to help CCFC or SISU.

So I say, take the pain now, and take the opportunity that stands in front of us.
Let's go for it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

I didn’t sign up for a season ticket to go and watch us in someone else’s ground. I had my season ticket last year as we were “home” and signed up for the same again this year as last year the football on offer and being back at the Ricoh was fantastic.

if I could get my money back then I would seriously consider it.

SBT

What year is this post from again?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd take moving to Stans for another season if its guaranteed to be the final nail in Wasps coffin.
I'd imagine we'd initiate a legal challenge which should finish them off, even if they can't pay any compensation.

From Sisu's point of view it may well be worth it in the long run, as the stadium ownership would again be "up for debate"
But I think we'd be forced to sell a couple of our key players.
But it could well cause us just as many difficulties. If we moved then there'd be a lot of ST's wanting refunds. We'd massively reduce our income. Only way we could replace that is through a sale, most likely Gyok. With CoH out and Hamer now supposed for a match we'd be massively weakened and have a negative effect.

As for leaving, at this moment I'd say no mainly because of that reason and the massive negative effect it would have. But from the sounds of it the pitch is nowhere near close to being acceptable (though the club will be playing on that for PR).

Can't believe a fortnight ago I was feeling quite optimistic about this season.

pusbccfc

I'd take it if it meant Wasps leaving, but with 13k ST holders who could take us? Stans not safe yet.

We would struggle to average more than 6k I'm Birmingham.

rexo87

Can't see how we can move during the season. Fixtures already out and other clubs won't want to move any of their fixtures around. Logistically just wouldn't work I don't think unless we moved to a completely dormant stadium

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

AOM

Think it's going to happen now after the interview today. Even for a month or so. We literally don't have somewhere in Coventry to play.

Think leaving the city again will be a disaster tbh

SeaSeeEffCee

Problem is the two teams who are most likely to let us share, Burton and Birmingham, are scheduled to be at home the same weekends we are.

pusbccfc

The EFL will be under pressure to ensure it doesn't happen. They are the ones postponing the matches.

robbiekeane

A pitch can be laid/installed in as little as a week. One that’s already been grown elsewhere and can be rolled out basically. Apparently 400-500k according to boddy.

Wasps just need to fucking cough it up and get it sorted. Or we do and then withdraw it from the rent + interest

CCFC54321

A pitch can be laid/installed in as little as a week. One that’s already been grown elsewhere and can be rolled out basically. Apparently 400-500k according to boddy.

Wasps just need to fucking cough it up and get it sorted. Or we do and then withdraw it from the rent + interest
Even if we offered to pay 90% of the bill they would say no. They are that broke.

Sick Boy

There seems to be next to no plan on what to do about the situation; a move away now seems inevitable and will mean selling players at cut prices to keep the club going - and for what?

Ashdown

I'd take moving to Stans for another season if its guaranteed to be the final nail in Wasps coffin.
I'd imagine we'd initiate a legal challenge which should finish them off, even if they can't pay any compensation.

From Sisu's point of view it may well be worth it in the long run, as the stadium ownership would again be "up for debate"
But I think we'd be forced to sell a couple of our key players.
Again, this poster nails it. If we really do have to play games elsewhere then this has to be the end of London Wasps in Coventry. They have to die or fuck off for good. I do wonder now though if they will make a concerted effort to show the pitch is playable over the next couple of weeks. I’m still slightly suspicious of that bitch Joys motives too despite her frigging ‘ agronomist……people can easily be bought !

Colin Steins Smile

Again, this poster nails it. If we really do have to play games elsewhere then this has to be the end of London Wasps in Coventry. They have to die or fuck off for good. I do wonder now though if they will make a concerted effort to show the pitch is playable over the next couple of weeks. I’m still slightly suspicious of that bitch Joys motives too despite her frigging ‘ agronomist……people can easily be bought !
I appreciate that there are a couple of different agendas being pursued here, but the EFL appointed the agronomist.....so is independent.
This actually helps CCFC's claim for compensation as Wasps would find it very difficult to counter argue that the pitch was fit for use. The EFL deemed the pitch "unsafe for players and officials". Slam dunk in court?

Legia Sky Blue

How can we play elsewhere when the ITK's have already told us that we are struggling financially? We surely couldn't survive a season at Birmingham on 6,000 crowds and huge rental costs!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

How can we play elsewhere when the ITK's have already told us that we are struggling financially? We surely couldn't survive a season at Birmingham on 6,000 crowds and huge rental costs!
Well we could, but it would involve the sale of someone like Gyokeres without any of the funds spent on squad improvements.

slowpoke

They might move on that’s a distinct possibility but they will still own the CBS,

chinamans view

it will take 2 months to lay and then be able to play football on a new pitch, even if they paid, so looks like we will have to move IF it is as bad as is being reported

Users who are viewing this thread