Will we leave Cov again this season

• Yes

Votes: 73 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 73 50.0%

• Total voters

Sky_Blue_Daz

No

Wasps go bust , sort out the pitch buy the stadium . Happy days , chips and gravy

wingy

I'd say two things are dependant on us staying, a new pitch somehow gets installed along with a tempory swap until its in.
But I fear it could very well be up sticks for maximum pressure on Wasps as they teeter.

cornoccfc

Could do with a judgement from those experts on when the pitch will be safe.

They must have a rough idea, or estimate.

Priority has to be sorting the game on the 20th, be it home, neutral or switched

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

steve cooper

I doubt we could arrange it in anything like acceptable time. For a start any ground we choose, there is bound to be some fixture conflicts.

Samo

I can see SISU using the pitch issue to leave again in an attempt to inflict the mortal blow on Wasps.

chiefdave

What it needs is an actual plan for how its going to be fixed and timescales. A whole new pitch can be done in a few weeks so the EFL should be sitting down with us and Wasps and asking what is being done and when they can guarantee the pitch will be ready.

A whole new pitch can be laid in less than 8 weeks, not sure how much you can cut that down but the close season only gives you that long so that would be a maximum requirement. The EFL should be saying, well actually should already have said, if you can't fix it rip it up and start again. Think most of us have doubts about Huddersfield taking place already.

Far from ideal but I'd take the Huddersfield, PNE and West Brom games being switch to their grounds to ensure we get this problem sorted for the rest of the season.

If the club are trying to put pressure on Wasps that would also be to their advantage, if the EFL advise that course of action and Wasps turn round and refuse or say they can't afford it any remaining sympathy held for them locally, and there's not much, will evaporate overnight.

TTG

Yes, we tend to every other week or so for away games

higgs

Back to Birmingham and get our season finally up and running if wasps are bust the pitch won't be improved

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

What it needs is an actual plan for how its going to be fixed and timescales. A whole new pitch can be done in a few weeks so the EFL should be sitting down with us and Wasps and asking what is being done and when they can guarantee the pitch will be ready.

A whole new pitch can be laid in less than 8 weeks, not sure how much you can cut that down but the close season only gives you that long so that would be a maximum requirement. The EFL should be saying, well actually should already have said, if you can't fix it rip it up and start again. Think most of us have doubts about Huddersfield taking place already.

Far from ideal but I'd take the Huddersfield, PNE and West Brom games being switch to their grounds to ensure we get this problem sorted for the rest of the season.

If the club are trying to put pressure on Wasps that would also be to their advantage, if the EFL advise that course of action and Wasps turn round and refuse or say they can't afford it any remaining sympathy held for them locally, and there's not much, will evaporate overnight.

then that’s 6 games with no income

chiefdave

then that’s 6 games with no income
What you prefer, we move to another ground? Or we wait until a couple of days before each game and get told its dangerous again? If Wasps can put forward a plan that will realistically resolve the issue in less time then brilliant but I'm not on board with a 'hope for the best' plan.

Happy_Martian

Might as well just change the name of the club to Coventry Wanderers

Please don't give the Sun'lun forum more ammunition. Some are supportive of our problems but a vocal few are loving our present position.

WestEndAgro

St Andrews, looking extremely likely for the rest of the season.
If the groundsman is to be believed.

Tommo1993

Said no last time. I just don’t know anymore.

It would be an ugly metaphorical game of chicken that I’m sure would really end in tears if it happened again.

Paul Anthony

Leaving for another ground has to be the last resort option, surely. What's needed first and foremost is clear information and discussion, and it needs to happen quickly. We need a definitive plan of action that tells us, with no BS, where we're at, what can be done, when, and how long it's likely to take. Preferably with signatories from both sides, and, if necessary, the EFL as a witness. If the answers to those points aren't satisfactory, then I'm sure other options (reversing fixtures if at all possible) would be considered above moving.

djr8369

I’m staggered this hasn’t happened. The plan seems to be fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Grendel

What you prefer, we move to another ground? Or we wait until a couple of days before each game and get told its dangerous again? If Wasps can put forward a plan that will realistically resolve the issue in less time then brilliant but I'm not on board with a 'hope for the best' plan.

How do we stay in business with zero income?

fatso

Leaving for another ground has to be the last resort option, surely. What's needed first and foremost is clear information and discussion, and it needs to happen quickly. We need a definitive plan of action that tells us, with no BS, where we're at, what can be done, when, and how long it's likely to take. Preferably with signatories from both sides, and, if necessary, the EFL as a witness. If the answers to those points aren't satisfactory, then I'm sure other options (reversing fixtures if at all possible) would be considered above moving.
I'd take moving to Stans for another season if its guaranteed to be the final nail in Wasps coffin.
I'd imagine we'd initiate a legal challenge which should finish them off, even if they can't pay any compensation.

From Sisu's point of view it may well be worth it in the long run, as the stadium ownership would again be "up for debate"
But I think we'd be forced to sell a couple of our key players.

fatso

Where's the income coming from if those games get called off one by one as there's no real plan from Wasps to resolve the pitch issues? Is your preference to move elsewhere?
The Inevitable players sale, which would have to be started before the close of this window.

clint van damme

the thought of leaving Cov again horrifies me to be honest but I'd imagine it's on the cards.
If a game can be called off 4 days before its due to take place then the pitch must be in an horrendous state and not close to being playable

Reactions: AOM

SBT

I'd take moving to Stans for another season if its guaranteed to be the final nail in Wasps coffin.

Every time it’s the same - “Surely THIS is the final straw for Wasps/the council”. And yet it never is.

As fans we need a new strategy, heaven help us if the club is still clinging on to this strategy too.

Users who are viewing this thread