Will Robins consider his postion? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

In the light of ground sharing with Birmingham for this season, and the prospect that we could be in the same position for a few seasons longer (with EFL sanction) what must be going through his mind?

We are going to lose income affecting squad building. Convincing and signing players has become that much harder. Would WASP have a change of heart next season even if the same issue they dispute is likely still in place?

We have not had a statement from our manager. Is it groundhog day for MR again?

OffenhamSkyBlue

In the light of ground sharing with Birmingham for this season, and the prospect that we could be in the same position for a few seasons longer (with EFL sanction) what must be going through his mind?

We are going to lose income affecting squad building. Convincing and signing players has become that much harder. Would WASP have a change of heart next season even if the same issue they dispute is likely still in place?

Will you??

Otis

I am sure he will stay for now.

Next summer could prove crucial though if he doesn't get the budget and financial support he needs.

torchomatic

No. He'll stay.

bawtryneal

If he believes we are at St Andrews for the medium term ( i.e. beyond one season), the first decent offer that comes along will be very hard for him to turn down.

NorthernWisdom

If he believes we are at St Andrews for the medium term ( i.e. beyond one season), the first decent offer that comes along will be very hard for him to turn down.
Given the speed that managers get sacked, a manager would have to be either supremely confident not to turn down a decent offer anyway, or mad.

One thing he will get to an extent this season is a free pass as a result. If we do well it's because of the manager and if we do badly, it's because of the inept buffoons at bopardroom level and above.

covcity4life

All depends on budget for me. Whilst its good enough for top 6 he will stay

Soon as we start to languish he will prob take any offers that come his way

Briles

i

I would think that after meeting Seppala he knew well in advance what was going to happen. I also believe that the players we have recruited were kept in the loop prior. We are trickle fed these things way after they've happened. He will give it one more season.

Warwickhunt

manage both clubs CCFC and Birmingham! unique or what!

Paxman II

I'm of the belief that he thought we would get a deal at the Ricoh. He brought in new coaches and has set about signing new players.
It just became a little harder to secure one or two of those other signing targets. Convincing any player the club has a secure future can not be easy to sell.
He is assured his budget this season, but looking to the season after this he will know the budget will be constrained if we remain in a ground share scenario.
A return to the Ricoh is a must next season not only to ensure MR's stays but to get a good replacement should he leave.

pastythegreat

I'm of the belief that he thought we would get a deal at the Ricoh. He brought in new coaches and has set about signing new players.
It just became a little harder to secure one or two of those other signing targets. Convincing any player the club has a secure future can not be easy to sell.
He is assured his budget this season, but looking to the season after this he will know the budget will be constrained if we remain in a ground share scenario.
A return to the Ricoh is a must next season not only to ensure MR's stays but to get a good replacement should he leave.
Personally, I don't but most of what people are saying about budgets and convincing players to sign etc.
I see it like this.
We play in Coventry (ground share with w**ps) and make no money other than ticket sales, or we play in Brum and male no money other than ticket sales. Either way I don't see how the budget is massively different.

In terms of signing players, the spiel goes, play for Coventry in Coventry in a 1/3 full 30k stadium with a shit pitch full of holes and divers from the egg chasers or..... play for Coventry in Birmingham in a 1/4 full stadium with a decent, footballing pitch.

PVA

Only if someone else comes in for him.

He won't just quit and walk away with nothing else lined up.

Paxman II

Personally, I don't but most of what people are saying about budgets and convincing players to sign etc.
I see it like this.
We play in Coventry (ground share with w**ps) and make no money other than ticket sales, or we play in Brum and male no money other than ticket sales. Either way I don't see how the budget is massively different.

In terms of signing players, the spiel goes, play for Coventry in Coventry in a 1/3 full 30k stadium with a shit pitch full of holes and divers from the egg chasers or..... play for Coventry in Birmingham in a 1/4 full stadium with a decent, footballing pitch.

You need to do the math. Season ticket sales will be way down by being in Birmingham. It's more likely also that the 'deal' at Brum is more costly than the Ricoh with all other cost associated with it, like policing cost etc. Last season our average gate was over 12k with many walk ups. Brum will provide few casual attendees by comparison and season tickets will take a dramatic hit. Loss of revenue will be considerably different. I doubt we would get 3 or 4k supporters to a home game. State of the pitch plays no part.

Frank Sidebottom

You need to do the math. Season ticket sales will be way down by being in Birmingham. It's more likely also that the 'deal' at Brum is more costly than the Ricoh with all other cost associated with it, like policing cost etc. Last season our average gate was over 12k with many walk ups. Brum will provide few casual attendees by comparison and season tickets will take a dramatic hit. Loss of revenue will be considerably different. I doubt we would get 3 or 4k supporters to a home game. State of the pitch plays no part.
Rough estimates but
Ricoh
7000 ST at £300 = £2.1m
5500 walk ups £18×23 = £2.3m
Total £4.5m

St Andrews
1500 ST at £270 = £400k
2000 walk ups £18×23 = £830k
Total £1.2m

So roughly £3.2m lost... or 1 Tom Bayliss

I chose £18 and the early bird prices to factor in kids tickets, Concessions etc.

Average next season might be slightly higher if the likes of Sunderland, Pompey, Lincoln rock up with 5k.

Gaz

Robins won’t consider his position, if you cut him he would bleed sky blue :emoji_confused:

Skybluefaz

Rough estimates but
Ricoh
7000 ST at £300 = £2.1m
5500 walk ups £18×23 = £2.3m
Total £4.5m

St Andrews
1500 ST at £270 = £400k
2000 walk ups £18×23 = £830k
Total £1.2m

So roughly £3.2m lost... or 1 Tom Bayliss

I chose £18 and the early bird prices to factor in kids tickets, Concessions etc.

Average next season might be slightly higher if the likes of Sunderland, Pompey, Lincoln rock up with 5k.
You've massively overestimated the ricoh income I think. Perhaps by 1.5 million.

Warwickhunt

If we start the season well with wins draws etc i will be interested to see the effect! Robbins has got something going with the players and a bit of Unity goes a long way in football, just refer back to Pressley with -10 and playing at Shitfields

Evo1883

I think Robins genuinely loves Coventry city, he has a fantastic bond with supporters.

I doubt this is what would make him walk, certain job offers maybe, but not this

Mcbean

It was 11k a game at Sickfields - with restricted stands at St Andrew’s stewarding could be cheaper - car parking could be cheaper ?

letsallsingtogether

If he does decide to bail then I think there’s a few on here who can recommend a taxi company for him.
Yes quite a few wanted him gone no doubt they still do.
I for one will be sad really like him.
I am even thinking of getting a ST to help him out mind you I will not use it.

Irish Sky Blue

Yes quite a few wanted him gone no doubt they still do.
I for one will be sad really like him.
I am even thinking of getting a ST to help him out mind you I will not use it.
I didn’t go into Sixfields, but I am going to Birmingham. This time the club, at least, seem desperate to stay in Coventry and are being forced out because of unreasonable demands from Wasps. I wouldn’t trust Sisu as far as I could throw Tim Fisher. Nothing there has changed. However, to keep the club alive and give us a chance of life beyond all of this mess, I think that they have to be supported. If you buy the season ticket,why would you not go? I understand and agree with the fact it just isn’t right that we are being forced out again.I can’t see any alternative this time but to support the team.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread