Will our fans behave at County? (1 Viewer)

pastythegreat

I might be in the minority but I actually quite like the smoke bombs. Been to plenty of games on the continent where they use them without bother and it can add to the atmosphere.
If they're kept in the stands it's not too much of an issue. But when numpties lob them on the pitch it annoys me. Imagine hitting a celebrating player who then has to go off to get stitches. Or worse still, a 6 year old ball boy takes one right between the eyes.
Then not to mention the hold up it causes. All season we've struggled to hold our attention and have been slow out the blocks as a team (just look at Lincoln at home for this). So look at Notts county away. Smoke bomb thrown, ref holds up play til it's gone out, Then some numpty throws another, players stand around, lose their concentration (AGAIN) Notts finally kick off and bang, they've scored

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

Yes, and dropping points at protest games (Charlton, Sheff Utd and Bolton) certainly helped in the cause of that relegation!

Really? what a shit argument!
Protest, by its long established tradition, is a means to change something. You obviously do not want change or are prepared to allow the status quo to continue.
Relegation was caused by getting too few points and had many fathers, the protest was not one of them.

Nick

Administrator
Nothing at all changed

He was talking about the method.
Protest, by its long established tradition, is a means to change something. You obviously do not want change or are prepared to allow the status quo to continue.
Relegation was caused by getting too few points and had many fathers, the protest was not one of them.

pastythegreat

A means to change something? And how did that work out for you? I tell you what it changed, the scoreline in both the Sheff Utd and Bolton games. Well done

Nick

Administrator
So you were quite happy then last season to watch the demise, while quietly ridiculing othes (on here or otherwise) who were trying to bring attention to the fore in the best interests of the club, while yourself and others continued to maintain the Status Quo and bumble along come what may?

Why is the standard reply to tell me what I'm happy with our not?

We have the same owners now as we did then, they haven't changed. People running on the pitch then were heroes, now they are ridiculed and the only difference now is that they are celebrating a goal rather than claiming it's about morals.

It's not hard to understand really is it? People who are running on the pitch / smoke bombs want attention and respect from each other. Last season by acting the same and labelling it a protest they got articles interviewing them and shit loads of bigging up.

The point is last year there was encouragement and respect when people acted up, this year people are still carrying it on and give each other respect between themselves.

Last edited:

clint van damme

A means to change something? And how did that work out for you? I tell you what it changed, the scoreline in both the Sheff Utd and Bolton games. Well done

so you shouldn't try something unless it's guaranteed to work?
Sheff Utd was on Sky, got the clubs plight a lot of publicity and brought it to the attention of a lot of people who were probably unaware.
Agree about Bolton, it wasn't as big, seemed to be more a clique than a protest and as such didn't have the same impact.

NortonSkyBlue

Nothing at all changed

He was talking about the method.
Relegation was a by product of many factors related to the owners, managers, toxic environment and poor, ill equipped players.
If you rolled all the perceived protests and their alleged misdemeanors in to reasons for our demise then you will never get why supporters felt the need to protest. Possibly the worst season in our history and the very future of the club at risk.
I believe that the protests were justified and those that did have the resolve to fight for the very existence of the club shouldn't have to apologize to anyone.
Those that go on to the pitch to celebrate is something totally different.

Nick

Administrator
Relegation was a by product of many factors related to the owners, managers, toxic environment and poor, ill equipped players.
If you rolled all the perceived protests and their alleged misdemeanors in to reasons for our demise then you will never get why supporters felt the need to protest. Possibly the worst season in our history and the very future of the club at risk.
I believe that the protests were justified and those that did have the resolve to fight for the very existence of the club shouldn't have to apologize to anyone.
Those that go on to the pitch to celebrate is something totally different.
We still have the same owners...

There really isn't much difference with some of the protests. I use the tennis ball one as I specifically watched and saw how happy they were throwing them on, bouncing about with excitement and pretty much from the same area of the ground that ran on first on Saturday with the same sort of body language.

There really is no difference with some of the protests. People can't big them up then start being surprised that people who loved the respect and attention still carry it on can they?

It's the same as when one well whistling and things was encouraged then wondering why people carried it on the next game.

I'm not saying all protests, but some were pretty much the same just had a label.

pastythegreat

so you shouldn't try something unless it's guaranteed to work?
Sheff Utd was on Sky, got the clubs plight a lot of publicity and brought it to the attention of a lot of people who were probably unaware.
Agree about Bolton, it wasn't as big, seemed to be more a clique than a protest and as such didn't have the same impact.
No, but you can't claim martyr status for something and then call somebody a numpty for it 12 months later. Just because somebody entered the pitch during a protest doesn't make them any better than those that do it when we score a goal! They're two of the same. It holds up play, distracts the players and above all is illegal.

And in terms of the Bolton game that is what were trying to say, people were that excited and chuffed they blew whistles during the TV game they carried it on at Bolton thinking they'd get a few back pats for it.

clint van damme

No, but you can't claim martyr status for something and then call somebody a numpty for it 12 months later. Just because somebody entered the pitch during a protest doesn't make them any better than those that do it when we score a goal! They're two of the same. It holds up play, distracts the players and above all is illegal.

And in terms of the Bolton game that is what were trying to say, people were that excited and chuffed they blew whistles during the TV game they carried it on at Bolton thinking they'd get a few back pats for it.

They're not two of the same in my opinion..
We now have supporters going on the pitch at the drop of a hat, it's embarrassing.
If it's 0-0 on aggregate in the 90th minute of the 2nd leg against County and we score I don't blame anyone for losing it and running on the pitch. But we now have supporters who routinely when we score.
I'm surprised some never went on at Cheltenham when Eisha scored their penalty.
I agree with what you're saying about the Bolton game.

Adge

Why is the standard reply to tell me what I'm happy with our not?

We have the same owners now as we did then, they haven't changed. People running on the pitch then were heroes, now they are ridiculed and the only difference now is that they are celebrating a goal rather than claiming it's about morals.

It's not hard to understand really is it? People who are running on the pitch / smoke bombs want attention and respect from each other. Last season by acting the same and labelling it a protest they got articles interviewing them and shit loads of bigging up.

The point is last year there was encouragement and respect when people acted up, this year people are still carrying it on and give each other respect between themselves.
So last year against Sheffield Utd the people who walked across the pitch with the Sisu out flag are people who were looking for "back pats" as you like to say?
Just to clarify, that was nothing to do with the Jimmy Hill way or the Sky Blue Trust as we know that these people are who you are talking about regarding your over used "back pat" line.

Nick

Administrator
So last year against Sheffield Utd the people who walked across the pitch with the Sisu out flag are people who were looking for "back pats" as you like to say?
Just to clarify, that was nothing to do with the Jimmy Hill way or the Sky Blue Trust as we know that these people are who you are talking about regarding your over used "back pat" line.

Not necessarily the organisers, but let's not pretend a lot of the people who just follow weren't. What about all the others who just ran on the pitch and ran about? What about those who were encouraged to whistle and make noise one game but then distanced from the next when they carried it on? What about those who just threw tennis balls because it was a bit naughty but had the time of their lives?

I wasn't even talking about the sky blue trust either.

The fact you can't see the similarities and would defend somebody to the hilt if they were wearing a sisu out t shirt and labelled it a protest says it all. It's blindness.

It's like egging your kids on to swear for the laugh then being surprised when the teacher phones you to say they are swearing.

Am I saying a protest is fully to blame for the arseholes this year? Of course I'm not, but let's not pretend it's completely separate from when that behaviour was encouraged in the name of apparently showing up sisu and getting them a fine.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Not necessarily the organisers, but let's not pretend a lot of the people who just follow weren't. What about all the others who just ran on the pitch and ran about? What about those who were encouraged to whistle and make noise one game but then distanced from the next when they carried it on? What about those who just threw tennis balls because it was a bit naughty but had the time of their lives?

I wasn't even talking about the sky blue trust either.

The fact you can't see the similarities and would defend somebody to the hilt if they were wearing a sisu out t shirt and labelled it a protest says it all. It's blindness.

It's like egging your kids on to swear for the laugh then being surprised when the teacher phones you to say they are swearing.

but any genuine protest is going to attract people just there for a bit of a laugh, that doesn't mean the protest isn't valid.
In my opinion, Sheff Utd was a decent protest, but that should have been it for a while, (perhaps until the Charlton protest). A few in the know back slappers doing it just lessens any impact the protests might have.

Nick

Administrator
but any genuine protest is going to attract people just there for a bit of a laugh, that doesn't mean the protest isn't valid.
In my opinion, Sheff Utd was a decent protest, but that should have been it for a while, (perhaps until the Charlton protest). A few in the know back slappers doing it just lessens any impact the protests might have.
That's what I mean, at that time those people were getting credit and bigged up. I'm not talking about the people who went on with the banner, there were plenty others just running around joyfully. The same as the tennis balls.

It was all encouraged and the thing to do be doing. It's all well and good encouraging the naughty kids for a protest but can't moan when they think it's cool and carry on

Tommo72

Pitch invasions have become a Kudos thing without a doubt. At Cheltenham the lads by me were intent on doing it from the off, egging each other on etc. One of them was ejected to fits of laughter from his mates.

If a late goal goes in and it’s like crucial I get how emotions can spill over, but prepanned nonsense is more unacceptable.

Reactions: vow

clint van damme

It's pretty sad that one of our biggest may our biggest match for years is coming up and we have to talk about dick heads before the game and 3 pages so far at that !!

to be honest, if you were an outsider reading this thread you'd think our support was a cross between Millwall and Galatasaray and we really aren't that bad.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

They're not two of the same in my opinion..
We now have supporters going on the pitch at the drop of a hat, it's embarrassing.
If it's 0-0 on aggregate in the 90th minute of the 2nd leg against County and we score I don't blame anyone for losing it and running on the pitch. But we now have supporters who routinely when we score.
I'm surprised some never went on at Cheltenham when Eisha scored their penalty.
I agree with what you're saying about the Bolton game.
They really aren't two in the same, I'm not really sure how this argument is being bounded about. It's Nick giving a sweeping generalisation about protesters being the same as those who go on the pitch when we score which frankly isn't true. But who cares eh?

Nick

Administrator
They really aren't two in the same, I'm not really sure how this argument is being bounded about. It's Nick giving a sweeping generalisation about protesters being the same as those who go on the pitch when we score which frankly isn't true. But who cares eh?

If you read what I have put you would see it isn't really that sweeping is it?

If somebody was to run on the pitch shouting SISU out on Saturday would that be ok if they labelled it a protest against SISU, as opposed to running on the pitch if we score?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

If you read what I have put you would see it isn't really that sweeping is it?

If somebody was to run on the pitch shouting SISU out on Saturday would that be ok if they labelled it a protest against SISU, as opposed to running on the pitch if we score?
It wouldn't be 'ok' but I would deem it more worthwhile if someone walked on to the pitch with a purpose and a reasoning then some pissed up twats who are trying to impress their mates. And before you say 'It's the same thing/people' it isn't. Someone not turning up to work to protest their working conditions/pay/rights isn't the same as someone just not turning up. Context is key.

Nick

Administrator
It wouldn't be 'ok' but I would deem it more worthwhile if someone walked on to the pitch with a purpose and a reasoning then some pissed up twats who are trying to impress their mates. And before you say 'It's the same thing/people' it isn't. Someone not turning up to work to protest their working conditions/pay/rights isn't the same as someone just not turning up. Context is key.

Again, read what I have said.....

Last season that sort of behaviour was encouraged to try and make the club and the owners look bad. The "pissed up twats" were encouraged to throw things on the pitch, they were encouraged to go on the pitch, they were encouraged to whistle to disrupt the game. I don't doubt that Sheffield United for example that some people went on the pitch for a purpose. However, there was also a lot of pissed up twats who also went on and loved the attention. The same as the people who threw tennis balls on the pitch were absolutely loving it and thought it was the best thing ever.

I was specific about the tennis ball one was I was closer and saw how jubilant the people throwing the balls on the pitch were. It was just the same when they all ran on the pitch on Saturday.

Let's not start excusing the same things because somebody labels it as a protest and then slating it when somebody does it otherwise. Not necessarily the organisers but the people who were encouraged to join in.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Again, read what I have said.....

Last season that sort of behaviour was encouraged to try and make the club and the owners look bad. The "pissed up twats" were encouraged to throw things on the pitch, they were encouraged to go on the pitch, they were encouraged to whistle to disrupt the game. I don't doubt that Sheffield United for example that some people went on the pitch for a purpose. However, there was also a lot of pissed up twats who also went on and loved the attention. The same as the people who threw tennis balls on the pitch were absolutely loving it and thought it was the best thing ever.

I was specific about the tennis ball one was I was closer and saw how jubilant the people throwing the balls on the pitch were. It was just the same when they all ran on the pitch on Saturday.

Let's not start excusing the same things because somebody labels it as a protest and then slating it when somebody does it otherwise. Not necessarily the organisers but the people who were encouraged to join in.

In the past I’ve thought people were playing up because of the owners pushing them to breaking point but as this season has gone on, even I don’t believe that anymore. I’ve noticed the SISU out chants reduce dramatically as soon as we win a few games.

rupert_bear

Sadly I think there will be trouble at County, the occasion, night match, probably hot summer night too, the ingredients are there. I went to Crewe for that semi and despite being 3-0 down our away terrace was packed end to end with plenty of herberts up for it. Nottingham’s a tough city and will be well up for it too. Trouble is I think some of the behaviour from our fans away from home has given us a bit of a reputation and that effects us all sadly. I’ll be prepared to throw a few kicks though makes me feel better but the dog hates it.
Telly for me.

Notts Man

Yes im a Notts fan. must say every club has them even Notts ,but the way some people talk on here. would think your champions of Europe or best supported club in the world. no disrespect meant at all. But Coventry wont be the 1st club to bring 4000 to Notts or the last. Luton fans last week were brilliant not 1 idiot on the pitch. or people not being able to handle a couple of pints wanting to fight .
yes im looking forward to the 2 games, on paper most Notts fans happy that we got Coventry in the playoffs, as for the result. not a bloody clue, would settle for a draw at the ricoh. As notts home form this season been pretty good, If you win over the 2 legs . yes celebrate go on the pitch . If Notts win Notts fans will go on the pitch. but if you lose just make sure the Arsoles are sat near the back and don't get on the pitch. so the rest of the football world don't just laugh at you think. here we go again drunken twats making fools of them selves . obviously im talking about the minority not the majority.

clint van damme

Yes im a Notts fan. must say every club has them even Notts ,but the way some people talk on here. would think your champions of Europe or best supported club in the world. no disrespect meant at all. But Coventry wont be the 1st club to bring 4000 to Notts or the last. Luton fans last week were brilliant not 1 idiot on the pitch. or people not being able to handle a couple of pints wanting to fight .
yes im looking forward to the 2 games, on paper most Notts fans happy that we got Coventry in the playoffs, as for the result. not a bloody clue, would settle for a draw at the ricoh. As notts home form this season been pretty good, If you win over the 2 legs . yes celebrate go on the pitch . If Notts win Notts fans will go on the pitch. but if you lose just make sure the Arsoles are sat near the back and don't get on the pitch. so the rest of the football world don't just laugh at you think. here we go again drunken twats making fools of them selves . obviously im talking about the minority not the majority.

Can you point out what has been posted that gives you that impression? Look at the match threads, it is your support already planning their weekend at Wembley, ours is altogether more cautious.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Tommo72

I’ve just read this again so I’ve edited my reply...

Complete drivel, why did you even bother?

Fuck off.

Last edited:

Bennosdancingfeet

If I’m honest, it’s to hard to call. Whoever wants it most will prevail.

No, we don’t think we are European champions, it’s down to the fact we’ve endured years and years of shit and if county offered us 10,000 tickets we’d sell them should the first leg be close.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's pretty sad that one of our biggest may our biggest match for years is coming up and we have to talk about dick heads before the game and 3 pages so far at that !!
Sadly it's descended into the usual squabbling that seems to dominate so many threads and it goes back to SISU, ownership, I said this , you said that blah blah blah.
It's nothing to do with any of it. It's a bunch of dickheads who seem to think they can run on the pitch at the drop of a hat, that they have the right to do it and that we are Coventry City so are we are above the law. I wish these people who constantly get into arguments about SISU, NOPM, my loyalty is better than your loyalty, Bryan Richardson, Kevin Richardson, Meg Richardson, Sandy Richardson , Crossroads, Mr Hunter, Norman Hunter, Billy Bremner, Billy Bollocks, Billy Bragg, Punk Rock, The Stranglers, Glam Rock, Blackpool rock, Black Rock Sands, Bobby Sands, Ian Paisley, Bob Paisley, Bob Carolgees, Scousers, Geordies, Cockneys, Brummies, Peaky Blinders, playing a blinder, playing the field, playing away, not playing at all , having a rest, give it a rest, piss off you're getting on my tits.......would just get off their high horse.

Users who are viewing this thread