Will bookies pay out if we win on ppg? (2 Viewers)

better days

Here is part of an article from the Racing Post
It's from April so things have moved on a lot but gives an idea of what might happen

Ante-post football markets have been suspended and one bookmaker representative told Racing Post Sport: "We don't know what to do."

Others say they will make every effort to offer a fair settlement if things become complicated.

Betway's Alan Alger said: "We have rules to cover almost all eventualities – primarily if events are cancelled then bets would usually get voided.

"However, these are unprecedented times and we will need to consider the fair and pragmatic approach depending on how the relevant associations, leagues and ruling bodies decide to act to declare winners – competitions may be shortened, changed in format or abandoned completely.

"It really is too soon to comment further. Although we paid out on Liverpool to win the league before Christmas, so backers of Jurgen Klopp’s men have already got their money."

Several bookmakers have paid out on the Reds, who need six more points to win the Premier League title and are 25 points clear, but many other markets are less clear-cut.

Some punters have been rushing to beat the ante-post suspension, cashing out potentially valuable wagers in case they are voided. That option is now closed for the time being.

Coral spokesman John Hill said: "This is obviously an ever-changing situation but we need to see first how each sporting governing body will reschedule or alter their season or competition.

"As we gain more information we will be in a better position to address individual betting markets, although ideally each competition will be played to a conclusion."

Most bookmakers' ante-post football rules include the wording that bets are settled on the final league positions at the end of the scheduled season, which normally counters post-term point deductions and legal battles played out in the courts.

One odds-compiler, who understandably didn't want to be quoted given the fluid situation, was happy to share the kind of discussions that are being had on the trading floor.

He said: "If we use the example of the three options being mulled over by the Italian FA, one is to declare the title vacant, to assign European spots based on current standings with no relegation and if they go with this one I think most bets will be void.

"Their second option is to declare the season over with everything decided. I reckon this would be settled as an official result by us, although that's not for certain and I'm sure clubs would make legal challenges, which would cause even more problems.

"Thirdly, they are suggesting holding playoffs for the title and relegation. With this I think that will be an official result and therefore a payout for us, but like all of the scenarios I can't be 100 per cent certain on what we would do, never mind the rest of the industry.

"I also think there would have to be goodwill gesture payouts from bookmakers on certain markets such as Liverpool to win the league or something like Leeds to gain promotion would be a popular one if their season was voided."

Sporting Index have suspended all their long-term football markets, but the Betfair exchange remains open for business until they receive official confirmation from each competition’s governing body on how the final standings will be decided.

larry_david

Good thread. I have several ante post bets that were ticking along nicely and can still happen so I'm curious what happens. If everything is settled on Tuesday then will it be instant bet settling or will they themselves then take 2 months to decide what to do.

Example I have gnandguilllet 33/1 ew topscorer first 4 terms. He's currently sat in those positions, whilst ew at 33/1 isn't life improving returns I'm not gonna be happy if they void all goalscorer bets.

chiefdave

The bookies always win so I'd guess voiding and refunding everyones bets would cost them more than paying out for the winners.

Besides if you've bet on us getting promoted and we get promoted you've won your bet haven't you?

Frostie

I cashed out in March.

I was always convinced it would be completed but as mine was that we were Champions rather than just promoted & with bookies quickly withdrawing the cash out option I caved.

rob9872

Worth a sum to me so I remain hopeful

larry_david

Good think so but I've seen them void a top goalscorer bet so it's gonna be very interesting. I see mbappe was award to scorer in France, the actual award so if this is the case, shouldn't any top scorer bets on mbappe be honoured?

See what happens Tues but some of us will be 200+ happier or 10 refunded disappointed

Skybluemichael

They have voided the Netherlands league so just get your bet back, but have already paid out for PSG Celtic and Liverpool as league winners, well William hill have

mark82

If they void, they also have to void all losing bets. There's no way they won't pay out, likely cheaper to do so.

vow

Promoted and a Champions bet at start of the season, so quids in! about £180 in total if all goes well with the vote.
That's with SkyBet.

rob9872

Weighed in weighed in :) Betvictor a lovely juicy pay out. Reward for bavking them all those years with no reward

stupot07

Anyone know what skybet are doing?scrap that, I'd obviously forgot to put a bet on....my matt godden each way top scorer is void though

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

better days

Paddy Power have paid out ‘ lovely bubbly bubbly now I can go and get the paint for the kitchen I have been ordered to get ! Ffs best keep my gob shut in the next season

ps get your bets in for next season guys !
Good to hear
I have to wait for their shops to open
That'll do though

larry_david

365 have voided all league 2 bets. Shocking behaviour only bookie in UK to do so. They haven't settled my cov top 6 yet!!!

vow

365 have voided all league 2 bets. Shocking behaviour only bookie in UK to do so. They haven't settled my cov top 6 yet!!!
That's piss poor for League 2.
Hope your bet is settled soon.

Users who are viewing this thread