Wigan / Wolves interested in Ben Stevenson (1 Viewer)

steve82

According to Robins Stevenson was ill and his dad rang up to tell him. Is Robins having a laugh or do professional footballers genuinely get their dad to ring up the manager explaining why their son isn’t available for selection?

Mark Robins reveals the transfer deadline day business he hopes to do

If that's true that's embarrassing quite frankly.

If he does move which looks likely then I wish him well. A fresh start is what he needs, I'd imagine the emergence of Tom Bayliss ahead of him must sting somewhat

Londonccfcfan

Hmmm I hope there’s nothing in us. And he was just genuinely ill. Don’t the players know day before if they are in squad or not. Strange.

Mucca Mad Boys

If Wolves want him that much, they can wait until the summer. I think our efforts should be going towards signing that striker Robins wants. This morning/last night, he said we don’t need to sell to bring anyone in. So why sell Stevenson? Yes, he might not be playing much, but if we lose Bayliss in the summer, we could only have Kelly left as a contracted centre midfielder come summer time.

He knows he’s going straight to their U23s anyway. I don’t think he’ll leave.

Mucca Mad Boys

Who would people rather see leave? Out of everyone linked with other clubs, this is the one I’m least bothered about.

No one else is linked with a move? Apart from Jodi Jones to Leeds or Bayliss, what other even noteworthy rumours have you heard?

Willis was in the summer, we were ‘bracing’ for bids for McDonald. Before the January window, we apparently needed a ‘goal scoring’ striker because McNulty wasn’t a ‘natural’ goal scorer.

It’s annoying that people have this idea we ‘have to’ sell someone, but we don’t really. We’re 10 points off top and 1 point off automatics. We need the absolute strongest squad we can have.

mark82

If Stevenson leaving allows us to bring a couple in to boost our chances of promotion I'm all for it. I think he has potential but we need someone for the here and now.

If no-one else would come in then absolutely not, unless it's a massively over inflated price. Stevenson will come good and I can't see us keeping Bayliss after the summer.

Manchester_sky_blue

Trouble is it's all too late now. If Stevenson goes right at the end of the window there's no time left to spend the cash. Only other possibility is that any deal includes a player coming the other way.

SkyblueBazza

Trouble is it's all too late now. If Stevenson goes right at the end of the window there's no time left to spend the cash. Only other possibility is that any deal includes a player coming the other way.
Which just how SISU want it. Cash in the bank...gains interest too. Then spend some of it piecemeal in the summer...keep the rest

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

This to me is where football is wrong today, players would rather move to an Under 23 squad, than play first team football.
Yeah and in all likelihood double their salary.. he might go out on loan to a league one club anyhow.

covmark

This to me is where football is wrong today, players would rather move to an Under 23 squad, than play first team football.
I get where you're coming from Moff but I expect wolves will probably triple his wages at the very least.
What would you do?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Moff

I get where you're coming from Moff but I expect wolves will probably triple his wages at the very least.
What would you do?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not blaming the player, its the system, the money now involved in the Premier league means they can cream off every decent youngster from the lower leagues and stick them in a development squad. It also means players like Wolves will splash the cash to achieve the PL dream.
Not many of these players actually ever make it on the bigger stage, but they will have inflated bank balances.

NorthernWisdom

Not blaming the player, its the system, the money now involved in the Premier league means they can cream off every decent youngster from the lower leagues and stick them in a development squad. It also means players like Wolves will splash the cash to achieve the PL dream.
Not many of these players actually ever make it on the bigger stage, but they will have inflated bank balances.
He's not playing first team football now, so he may as well go and not play first team football at a higher level.

And you've got to back your ability, surely? If he thinks he's good enough to break through, he's got to believe he can.

Moff

He's not playing first team football now, so he may as well go and not play first team football at a higher level.

And you've got to back your ability, surely? If he thinks he's good enough to break through, he's got to believe he can.

Not blaming Stevenson, I think the system is shite. How many players do Chelsea have on their books? Its ridiculous, and unless we ever get to the PL we will never be able to compete.

Liquid Gold

There should be a cap on how many players you can have at each age group. Then clubs might think more carefully about who they sign and also release players who can make a career in the lower leagues.

Moff

There should be a cap on how many players you can have at each age group. Then clubs might think more carefully about who they sign and also release players who can make a career in the lower leagues.

That would be a great idea. Pity the FA don't have that intelligence!

Users who are viewing this thread