Match Thread Wigan Match Thread (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

What a ridiculous comment. The only criticism I give him is he sometimes doesn’t see a pass that’s a better option than shooting but I forgive strikers for being selfish.
The bloke doesn’t stop running. Even saying he is the laziest player is just utter shite.

Who is lazier?

kg82

Think we didn't create enough but like I said first game with Ohare and Palmer together they seemed to try and out trick each other but who cares great 3 points
It was so congested in the middle, once one of them got the ball, he had 3 men round him instantly. Wigan were well organised, especially first half. I’m not surprised KP and COH weren’t really effective, but we’ve ground out a win regardless. Sensational goal by Vik.

Gint11

Who is lazier?

Does it matter? I don’t know off the top of my head. I think if you were given a glimpse of match running stats it would show you they all run miles.

So you think Gykores is definately the laziest. Based on what exactly?

shmmeee

Does it matter? I don’t know off the top of my head. I think if you were given a glimpse of match running stats it would show you they all run miles.

So you think Gykores is definately the laziest. Based on what exactly?

Ive already said. I’ve also already said that saying a player is the laziest in this team means fuck all cos they’re all so hard working.

You can’t name someone lazier so I’ll stand by it. He’s a striker, I want his energy expended when he does not chasing lost causes.

Once again, for the hard of understanding I am not calling him lazy, I’m saying there’s more reason to than Palmer. But there’s no reason to call anyone lazy. They’re pro footballers working for Mark Robins.

Blind-Faith

Palmers first touch tonight was absolutely atrocious, mixed in with bits of real quality and flare. I’ve just accepted he is going to be one of those players , will make you want to pull your hair out one minute and the next minute your applauding something that no one else on the pitch would be able to do.

alexccfc99

Hope they get a good crowd up to see the lads off for a couple weeks on Saturday! I’d like to think 23/24k is achievable

Skybluecol

O'Hare and Palmer way too close together when we were attacking 1st half. It'll take them a few games to adjust and gel together. Allen had a well deserved rest and we missed his energy at times. Hamer's final ball was soo close ona few occasions, just a tad too much weight on a few of thr through balls. Ugly win in the end, but rarely do we get the ugly wins so a massive positive! Can't wait for Saturdays game now! PUSB!!!

shmmeee

I thought we played quite well, had to put up with anti-Football and were patient. There was only one side trying to win it and the timewasting was outrageous even in the first half.

The difference once they went one down was hilarious. I can’t see them staying up based on that. Can’t timewaste your way through a season.

slowpoke

Palmers first touch tonight was absolutely atrocious, mixed in with bits of real quality and flare. I’ve just accepted he is going to be one of those players , will make you want to pull your hair out one minute and the next minute your applauding something that no one else on the pitch would be able to do.
I think Palmer is that type of frustrating player, outstanding v Watford but largely anonymous tonight, but the odd flash of class, should have scored from one. I think at the moment he is more ideal to come on as sub after an hour or so.

alexccfc99

I don't see much hope for Wigan. Didn't seem much there beyond standard League 1 stuff.

If it's true they're not being paid on time then I could see them really dropping off.

ATM I'd go Wigan, Huddersfield and Hull to drop.

Wigan are the worst side I’ve seen since we were promoted back to the Championship

Hudds I think will still go down despite their win tonight

Hull will be fine

I think Reading are the ones who will drop like a stone

Gint11

Ive already said. I’ve also already said that saying a player is the laziest in this team means fuck all cos they’re all so hard working.

You can’t name someone lazier so I’ll stand by it. He’s a striker, I want his energy expended when he does not chasing lost causes.

Once again, for the hard of understanding I am not calling him lazy, I’m saying there’s more reason to than Palmer. But there’s no reason to call anyone lazy. They’re pro footballers working for Mark Robins.

You can’t prove your point so I’ll stand by it. Actually I want our strikers running for lost causes, it can keep defenders on the

Pointless argument then. He’s the laziest but not saying he’s lazy but either way means fuck all 😂😂🤷‍♂️

Actually, I want strikers running for lost causes. It can put pressure on their back line and help move the team up 10 yards.

Finham

I don't think Palmer's first touch was atrocious either, he was trying to do too much instead of getting the simple things right.

Finham

You can’t prove your point so I’ll stand by it. Actually I want our strikers running for lost causes, it can keep defenders on the

Pointless argument then. He’s the laziest but not saying he’s lazy but either way means fuck all 😂😂🤷‍♂️

Actually, I want strikers running for lost causes. It can put pressure on their back line and help move the team up 10 yards.
Yeah lazy players don't run from their own half to score.

alexccfc99

Peterborough were pretty grim to be fair

Thought Peterborough tried to knock it round well last year tbh, just on both occasions we played them we were much better at it

Wigan tried to play how Preston played against us earlier in the season yet looked hopeless at doing so

Mcbean

I reckon If that was a top five team Vik would have been scythed down and they would have taken a red - very happy that didn’t happen

shmmeee

In exchange for not having the energy to outpace their defence and score in the 95th min?

If the shortest player in a basketball team is 6 foot 5 is he short? This really isn’t hard stuff.

Liquid Gold

Wigan are the worst side I’ve seen since we were promoted back to the Championship

Hudds I think will still go down despite their win tonight

Hull will be fine

I think Reading are the ones who will drop like a stone
I wouldn't rule out Bristol City either. Dropping right off after a decent start.

Pearson just isn't a modern manager and won't adapt.

I think they'll dump him mid-season and then have a bounce that will keep them safe though.

alexccfc99

I wouldn't rule out Bristol City either. Dropping right off after a decent start.

Pearson just isn't a modern manager and won't adapt.

I think they'll dump him mid-season and then have a bounce that will keep them safe though.

Way past his sell by date - I’d seriously scale back on how many games I went to if we appointed a Pearson, Bruce, Pulis etc. type

just couldn’t watch it

Evo1883

Kinell

Usain Bolt wouldn’t have caught Vic there..fucking immense.

Makes me hope even more that Ashley gets the club before January.. so we hopefully won’t have to sell the beautiful Swedish basturrrd

Doubt even he would turn away 15 plus mill

Users who are viewing this thread