Match Thread Wigan Match Thread (3 Viewers)

clint van damme

Fucking hell it's been 60 mins together and they nearly scored an amazing goal together.

Stop panicking. "Allen's shit Allen's shit.wait we need Allen back asap we need Allen back asap"

Just be calm. We have all 3 and can use whenever

It's been a bit longer than that. They'd played together against Blackpool and did score an amazing goal.
I'm sure they'll come good.

BananaFlats

Gyok's goal was brilliant but really the defender should have pulled him back and taken the card before he had the chance. Glad he didn't though!

The No 5 didn't touch him as was already on a yellow. Why their last defender didn't slide across to attempt a block is puzzling though.

EalingSB

Thought Clive's commentary was fantastic. Just listened to it back a few times while watching the goal:

Gyökeres battling for it there, he’s won it

He’s getting his shirt pulled, he doesn’t mind

He shrugs it off

He’s still going, Gyökeres

Can he go all the way? You bet he can

What a goal - what a goal by Viktor Gyökeres!

Picked up on the halfway line, they couldn’t stop him

They pulled his shirt, they kicked at his feet, they couldn’t reach him

He went all the way and slotted it past the goalkeeper

To win the game for Coventry City

----

Absolutely top work in the heat of the moment. Well done, Clive (and Oggy!)

Last edited:

Bugsy

Bugsy

RegTheDonk

Not a great performance but I'll take the points thanks and also to witness one of the best individual goals I've seen at the CBS, a satisfying night. Fear we'll lose Vic though, strength and pace of the bloke, none of our existing strikers can match that.

clint van damme

Not a great performance but I'll take the points thanks and also to witness one of the best individual goals I've seen at the CBS, a satisfying night. Fear we'll lose Vic though, strength and pace of the bloke, none of our existing strikers can match that.

MR and the management team must be making contingency plans for him going.
I wonder if they're scouting similar replacements? He's unlike the other strikers we've signed since Robins returned.
I suppose the nearest, in terms of style not ability, is Max, and even that's a pretty tenuous comparison.

Macca

I didn’t say he was. I said he was the laziest player. He often looks disinterested until the ball comes near him. I don’t think it’s an issue cos there’s more to football than constant running and you want him to do that in the final minute, but if you’re someone who wants to call a player lazy for some reason there’s far more reason to call Vik lazy than Palmer.

To be fair when we were in the shit with injuries and zero creativity the poor bloke never stopped running. Mainly after lost causes. Not sure you can have a laziest of non lazy people

clint van damme

Never been threatened in dm’s. Been threatened with a phone call on a thread though and been threatened to be dm’d. Neither of which are that scary

was a reference to the poster Brighton was talking about, Skybluekid, he was renown for it.

hill83

Thought Clive's commentary was fantastic. Just listened to it back a few times while watching the goal:

Gyökeres battling for it there, he’s won it

He’s getting his shirt pulled, he doesn’t mind

He shrugs it off

He’s still going, Gyökeres

Can he go all the way? You bet he can

What a goal - what a goal by Viktor Gyökeres!

Picked up on the halfway line, they couldn’t stop him

They pulled his shirt, they kicked at his feet, they couldn’t reach him

He went all the way and slotted it past the goalkeeper

To win the game for Coventry City

----

Absolutely top work in the heat of the moment. Well done, Clive (and Oggy!)

Almost as poetic at the bloke a couple of rows behind me.

“What’s he fucking doing, move for him,

Fucking shoot, SHOOT, SHOOT

FUCK SAKE.

YES!”

Users who are viewing this thread