Wigan is off (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

covcity4life

Perhaps we could play games during world cup of need be. Guess depends on FIFA rules

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not that simple I suspect, Wigan police would have to agree, Wigan FC would have to print match tickets and programmes for a fixture they didn't intend to host (plus setting up catering etc) and we would have to book hotel space for a fixture we thought would be played at home.
I get your point and that applies now but they must have known weeks ago the pitch wouldn't be ready and if they didn't that is negligent.
I can't believe the football League wouldn't have allowed us to play the first months fixtures away from home if we had given them enough notice. It's all gamesmanship between the club/SISU and wasps.

The CableGuy

I get your point and that applies now but they must have known weeks ago the pitch wouldn't be ready and if they didn't that is negligent.
I can't believe the football League wouldn't have allowed us to play the first months fixtures away from home if we had given them enough notice. It's all gamesmanship between the club/SISU and wasps.

Wasps say they told us the pitch wouldn't be ready. We say Wasps didn't tell us. Its a shitshow and at this point I wouldn't blame Robins from leaving.

Grendel

Play it on the Wednesday then? Just seems silly to postpone. With the world Cup break were gonna end up with a busy schedule to fit these games in

Perhaps Wigan don’t want to agree - why should they

CDK

What a fucking balls up,record S/Ts and the insects and sisu complete chaos.

EalingSB

EFL statement this morning concludes: ‘The League will now consider the circumstances of both postponements before determining what course of action could be taken in accordance with the Regulations and will also remain in regular dialogue with the Club over the work required to make the pitch safe and playable as soon as is practically possible.’

Gint11

This bollocks is de-railing our season in terms of mood. If we get pumped at Millwall today I am starting to worry.

ccfcmad1

Why would he walk away?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Hands constantly tied with the off the field shit show, will he feel he has took the club as far as he can? I hope not but he along with the fans deserve a hell of a lot better......

letsallsingtogether

Bastard just back from holiday and looking forward to breaking up my first week back at work.
They said the pitch wouldnt be ready for the first game not the second.

chiefdave

stupot07

Hands constantly tied with the off the field shit show, will he feel he has took the club as far as he can? I hope not but he along with the fans deserve a hell of a lot better......
Its been like it for the entire time he has managed us across both stints. He isn't going to walk away because of a few issues with the pitch which is completely out of the clubs control. He carried on whist the legal battles were going on, he carried on when we moved to Birmingham, hes been able to build a squad and hold on to his best players this season (so far), had the highest finish for the club in decades last season, e isn't going to leave because of this

stupot07

Bedwetter
Not bedwetting, just pointing out it isn't just one game. You accused people of "bedwetting over 1 match", which isn't true.

I'm frustrated, but I believe the EFL will see its out of our hands. With 21 games before November, we can't really afford to have many more called off, but hopefully it means O'Hare will be back and we will be back to full strength when we do play them.

fatso

Would be nice if the landlords could give us some indication of what they're doing to resolve this and how long it will take as there's already talk of Huddersfield being off as well.
It's quite simple Dave, they are doing nothing, and don't intend to do anything.
They are all but insolvent, they don't have the funds available to do anything.

If anything is done CCFC will ultimately foot the bill and then withhold it from the rent,
But as it stands CCFC are now massively out of pocket with the loss of at least 3 home games (Inc the cup game) and no end in site, its OK people saying we should sue wasps, but you can't get blood out of a stone!

This whole issue could even force CCFC into administration (or force a fire sale) if its not resolved soon.

robbiethemole

It might be ok for Preston on the 31st if work gets started on it, maybe patch up the divotted bits in the centre circle and down the wings and give it time to root and settle

Users who are viewing this thread