Wigan is off (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

chiefdave

Do we have any players away with their countries
Would need the other clubs to agree and I’m sure most clubs will be looking to give players a break. Doubt they will be keen to keep them in and training just to play us

Ashdown

It's quite simple Dave, they are doing nothing, and don't intend to do anything.
They are all but insolvent, they don't have the funds available to do anything.

If anything is done CCFC will ultimately foot the bill and then withhold it from the rent,
But as it stands CCFC are now massively out of pocket with the loss of at least 3 home games (Inc the cup game) and no end in site, its OK people saying we should sue wasps, but you can't get blood out of a stone!

This whole issue could even force CCFC into administration (or force a fire sale) if its not resolved soon.
This post sums it all up. Not sure what SISU would get out of putting Wasps into administration , especially if they haven’t got funds to buy the arena off them.
This is poor timing though for todays match, MR will be fed up from the off.
A defeat and City fans will be very downbeat tonight.
The council should never have sold to those unfit owners who have a history of instability !

SeaSeeEffCee

If the Huddersfield game is off then we don’t play again until the 27th, while most other teams will play two in that time.

AOM

Guess the independent agronomist didn't think it was up to standard either. So much for Wasps passive aggressive statement implying games were being called off for no reason despite the initial assessment being made by an independent official.

The cheek to say we didn't even bother inspecting it on Wednesday, when it's clearly still not safe to play nearly a week later

SheafIsGod

This is as much CCFC’s fault as it is Wasps. CWG was already scheduled at the Ricoh when we signed an agreement to return. No pitch, new or otherwise, is going to be in a playable state after about 7000 Rugby 7’s games in a week. Wasps also informed us earlier in the summer they would not be installing a new pitch. We should have had a back-up plan in place.

M&B Stand

This post sums it all up. Not sure what SISU would get out of putting Wasps into administration , especially if they haven’t got funds to buy the arena off them.
This is poor timing though for todays match, MR will be fed up from the off.
A defeat and City fans will be very downbeat tonight.
The council should never have sold to those unfit owners who have a history of instability !

Yet the Trust and plenty of others supported it and blamed the football club because of their blind hatred of Sisu.

Colin Steins Smile

This is undermining our season and it's very bad for the clubs, already fragile, finances. Any litigation will take months if not a year to be realised. The backlog in our legal system is very large.
I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't lead to a "fire sale" of one or more of our players.
The publicity surrounding the pitch issue will probably resonate with the Wasps bond holders and reinforce the impression that Wasps is no longer a viable business.....so I think they'll go for liquidation

CDK

Can't we switch the game to Wigan and play the away fixture with Wigan and the home game later in when we are at home in reverse fixture.

stupot07

Can't we switch the game to Wigan and play the away fixture with Wigan and the home game later in when we are at home in reverse fixture.
No, if it was an option, the EFL would have done it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I don't doubt that is true but is it worth planning that for upcoming games like Huddersfield?
I'm baffled that we don't appear to have had much in the way of a contingency plan in general. The finger pointing between the club and Wasps is to be expected but i'd just like someone to produce some proof around their allegations (highly unlikely i admit). If as Wasps say we knew these risks all along then surely we should have been at least planning for the possibility...if however Wasps are talking crap it'd be nice for that to be made abundantly clear. Has it been made clear whether we actually approached the EFL about playing fixtures away to start with? Boddy has stated it isn't/wasn't possible as EFL rules don't allow it, which i read to mean that we didn't actually make a request. If we did make the request then it seems idiotic of the EFL to refuse in the circumstances and force late cancellation of games that they'd have known were going to happen.

It all stinks of shit.

stupot07

I'm baffled that we don't appear to have had much in the way of a contingency plan in general. The finger pointing between the club and Wasps is to be expected but i'd just like someone to produce some proof around their allegations (highly unlikely i admit). If as Wasps say we knew these risks all along then surely we should have been at least planning for the possibility...if however Wasps are talking crap it'd be nice for that to be made abundantly clear. Has it been made clear whether we actually approached the EFL about playing fixtures away to start with? Boddy has stated it isn't/wasn't possible as EFL rules don't allow it, which i read to mean that we didn't actually make a request. If we did make the request then it seems idiotic of the EFL to refuse in the circumstances and force late cancellation of games that they'd have known were going to happen.

It all stinks of shit.
Wasps initial statement said they had informed the club and the EFL, so we have to assume they have always known.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Wasps initial statement said they had informed the club and the EFL, so we have to assume they have always known.

If we're trusting what they say then yes....but i don't. I don't really trust anyone in this to be honest, but you'd think it easy enough to prove if one of the parties wanted to. I suppose if there is a likelihood of legal action that might make things a bit more cagey but i'm just sick of fans being stuck in the middle of all this horseshit and not getting the full picture.

stupot07

If we're trusting what they say then yes....but i don't. I don't really trust anyone in this to be honest, but you'd think it easy enough to prove if one of the parties wanted to. I suppose if there is a likelihood of legal action that might make things a bit more cagey but i'm just sick of fans being stuck in the middle of all this horseshit and not getting the full picture.
Me neither, they all spin bullshit

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just anouned game postponed

giphy.gif

sylus

it will be 14 days from the postponement of the Rotherham game to our home tie of Huddersfield if we ever play at home again, and fuck all is being done about the pitch, the efl might of given us some leeway regards the rotherham game, but now i think they will punish us for not being able to fulfill our fixtures

Colin Steins Smile

The EFL could be circumspect in terms of fining the club. DCMS are likely to take a dim view of that due to the fact that the UK has a strategic aim to attract major international events to the country.
If some of our stadia are put off staging them due to EFL regulations, then it affects any bid for events.
The PL & EFL are already trying to deflect the Tracey Crouch fan based report into football, so the EFL would be advised to not upset DCMS.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As this games comes outside of the exclusivity period the pitch should be expected to be in a fit condition. As it's not then legal action must surely be being looked at.

I didn't support the first rent strike (I'd have been ok with them paying a lower figure) but this time it may well be justified because we're not getting what we pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread