Why not a pre-season game at the Ricoh? (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

I wouldn't want a pre-season fixture at the Ricoh unless 23 league games proceeded it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Even if the two sides were talking to each other and getting on relatively well this wouldn't happen. SISU just wouldn't risk it. Imagine how they would look if 10K turned up for a pre season game and then the next home game is less than 2K at Sixfields. It would be a magnet for a protest, why would SISU want that?

ccfc92

Even if the two sides were talking to each other and getting on relatively well this wouldn't happen. SISU just wouldn't risk it. Imagine how they would look if 10K turned up for a pre season game and then the next home game is less than 2K at Sixfields. It would be a magnet for a protest, why would SISU want that?

This is spot on. Unfortunately :(

RoboCCFC90

I think there would be potential to fill the Ricoh for a pre-season fixture, that being said the chances of it happening at this moment in time are slim.

torchomatic

BFRSBA will be so proud of you accusing people of saying things they haven't. Nice one. The trick is to come back with a question, and you're a master by the looks of it.

Ah the cavalry are here. You do all regularly state though, that ccfc is better in Northampton, than under the old Ricoh rent deal do you not?

Samo

Funny how you stick to this thread, as the click are nearby. No reply on the Rotherham thread from your good self?

I assume you mean clique? And it seems to me that you are part of the biggest one on here. Try thinking for yourself sometime!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Funny how you stick to this thread, as the click are nearby. No reply on the Rotherham thread from your good self?

What are you talking about? I haven't read that one yet.

Have you lost it a little bit? Trying to get likes? Talking absolute shit?

ccfc92

What are you talking about? I haven't read that one yet.

Have you lost it a little bit? Trying to get likes? Talking absolute shit?

If I wanted likes, I'd have a lot more than I do now. I post my own opinion, it's not always fact, which is what makes it an opinion. I don't see the need for constant essays providing numerous facts and sources on an off hand football forum. Unless of course someone said there was a huge transfer of funds or something like that.

ccfc92

I assume you mean clique? And it seems to me that you are part of the biggest one on here. Try thinking for yourself sometime!

Indeed, pesky auto correct. Sorry, can you expand? I post my own opinions on ccfc, and that just happens to be the majority view. Like you and several others post your opinion on sixfields, and that happens to be the minority. There's no sinister conspiracy going on :)

Nick

Administrator
If I wanted likes, I'd have a lot more than I do now. I post my own opinion, it's not always fact, which is what makes it an opinion. I don't see the need for constant essays providing numerous facts and sources on an off hand football forum. Unless of course someone said there was a huge transfer of funds or something like that.

Own opinion based on what others are saying that day?
;)

ccfc92

Own opinion based on what others are saying that day?
;)

Show me where I've changed my opinion? I go to away games, I've been on the hill, and have always said I want ccfc at the Ricoh. I don't believe in nopm, I truly hope the club get as much money as possible, but I will not give them money at "home" games. All this from day one of this saga.

To be fair the only thing I have changed, is debating going to the hill or not, and when I did, it was heartbreaking to see in the flesh.

Samo

Indeed, pesky auto correct. Sorry, can you expand? I post my own opinions on ccfc, and that just happens to be the majority view. Like you and several others post your opinion on sixfields, and that happens to be the minority. There's no sinister conspiracy going on :)

What posts about Sixfields? What are you talking about? What do you think is my view?

ccfc92

What posts about Sixfields? What are you talking about? What do you think is my view?

I mean just general posts from others posters. I don't know what your view is, care to enlighten? We could have an actual debate on a forum, rather than bicker like most :)

Samo

I mean just general posts from others posters. I don't know what your view is, care to enlighten? We could have an actual debate on a forum, rather than bicker like most :)

If you don't know what my view is, why all the 'clique' and 'cavalry' bullshit? If you want to know my view, in a nutshell, here it is:

I despise SISU
I think the club has not been treated well by the council
I do not attend at Sixfields
I want us back at the Ricoh under SISU or otherwise
I want the club to eventually own (or long-term lease) the Ricoh and have access to all revenues.
I am mature enough to understand that there are always two sides to any argument
I am not afraid to express an opinion that displeases the majority

How's that?

Grendel

Lets face it a blind man on a donkey can ride through ccfc92's flimsy and shallow arguments.

A cavalry isn't required.

Grendel

You need to start calling me Grendull - you don't use the term sisu posee.

RoboCCFC90

No matter your opinion on the issues at the Club we are all meant to be supporters of this Club..

Samo

You need to start calling me Grendull - you don't use the term sisu posee.

I don't think I will you know Mr.G, I will leave that badge of stupidity to others.

ccfc92

If you don't know what my view is, why all the 'clique' and 'cavalry' bullshit? If you want to know my view, in a nutshell, here it is:

I despise SISU
I think the club has not been treated well by the council
I do not attend at Sixfields
I want us back at the Ricoh under SISU or otherwise
I want the club to eventually own (or long-term lease) the Ricoh and have access to all revenues.
I am mature enough to understand that there are always two sides to any argument
I am not afraid to express an opinion that displeases the majority

How's that?

That's great :) and as it goes, I agree with all of your points in that post.

I do have a question for you though, I would happily have us at the Ricoh under sisu ownership, but would you say there needs to be some safeguard to keeping CCFC and the Ricoh as one?

My point being say SISU own the Ricoh and CCFC, they could split them up, kick CCFC out, charge anything they want etc...

Whereas, the Ricoh owned by CCFC would be a more stable guarantee of the ground being used fairly for all parties.

Samo

That's great :) and as it goes, I agree with all of your points in that post.

I do have a question for you though, I would happily have us at the Ricoh under sisu ownership, but would you say there needs to be some safeguard to keeping CCFC and the Ricoh as one?

My point being say SISU own the Ricoh and CCFC, they could split them up, kick CCFC out, charge anything they want etc...

Whereas, the Ricoh owned by CCFC would be a more stable guarantee of the ground being used fairly for all parties.

Yes I would prefer to see caveats in place to protect the future of the club and the Ricoh under SISU ownership. But I don't believe it will ever come to that.

ccfc92

Yes I would prefer to see caveats in place to protect the future of the club and the Ricoh under SISU ownership. But I don't believe it will ever come to that.

as in sisu/ccfc will never own it or sisu can be trusted with the ricoh?

James Smith

I just cannot believe you've posted this, in your dreams. HELP!

Strangely you're right, why would Sisu want to change their stance of NOPM towards ACL?

Samo

as in sisu/ccfc will never own it or sisu can be trusted with the ricoh?

As in SISU will never be allowed to own the Ricoh and... If SISU owned my corner shop I'd count my change very carefully.

ccfc92

As in SISU will never be allowed to own the Ricoh and... If SISU owned my corner shop I'd count my change very carefully.

I'd count it now anyway :whistle:

This is the problem, the club are literally in between the two "sides", I assume we all agree there's a huge difference between SISU and CCFC? ACL/CCC are weary/hate SISU, SISU hate ACL/CCC, and the club(as in the players) just want to come home :(

Samo

I'd count it now anyway :whistle:

This is the problem, the club are literally in between the two "sides", I assume we all agree there's a huge difference between SISU and CCFC? ACL/CCC are weary/hate SISU, SISU hate ACL/CCC, and the club(as in the players) just want to come home :(

Well yes, I despise one and love the other, but... at the moment they are inextricably linked. Its a bit like like watching a neighbor buy a beautiful vintage car, rip out all the original features and paint it pink and green polka dots! You might love that old car and think the guy is a first rate prick, but it's his car, he owns it, he pays the tax and he can do what he likes with it. We just have to accept that until he sells it, that's the way it is.

ccfc92

Well yes, I despise one and love the other, but... at the moment they are inextricably linked. Its a bit like like watching a neighbor buy a beautiful vintage car, rip out all the original features and paint it pink and green polka dots! You might love that old car and think the guy is a first rate prick, but it's his car, he owns it, he pays the tax and he can do what he likes with it. We just have to accept that until he sells it, that's the way it is.

I think that's the worst bit, whatever we do, will not influence SISU whatsoever :(

Users who are viewing this thread