Why is everyone so Anti Paul Ince? (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

Hi, Notts fan here. I'd love to tell you that Ince was just a bad fit for our club, but even if you ignore the defeats at the end of his reign it's not the whole picture. Our entire squad appeared fragmented and there was much talk of dressing room unrest. As an example, he used to call everyone in to training at 9am, only to send a message telling them to come back at 3pm as he wouldn't be in till later. He lived a fair drive away and used to be very fond of the golf course.

He rarely gave the post match interviews, particularly if we'd played badly..he left that to his assistant. We were told all this by MKdons fans, but obviously as fans, you don't want to believe it. There was also a lot of talk of the proverbial tea cups being thrown..once literally over one of our opponents coaches, for which he was sent to the stands.

Most of our fans have no doubt that we would have been playing league 2 football that season, had we not got rid.

When he left, he, as usual, blamed the budget, which he always does, even though he said he could build a competitive team on it when he took the job. It is true however, that he lost Ben Davies in the January along with the loanees (his son Tom and Miller who is now at Carlisle). He had funds to replace them, but chose not to bring anyone else in stating that prices were inflated in January.

We did have a purple patch under him before Jan though, during the time that we played and drew to Man City....but I'm afraid in the eyes of most Notts fans he comes under one of the worst managers we've had.....and we've had a few!

OMG, it does look very bleak if we get Ince. Give it to Robins if its between these two, but to be honest i've lost faith in Fisher and Waggott to ever get a decision right, so until these two clowns go and we get someone with actual football knowledge in, then we're fucked whoever they choose

lordsummerisle

OMG, it does look very bleak if we get Ince. Give it to Robins if its between these two, but to be honest i've lost faith in Fisher and Waggott to ever get a decision right, so until these two clowns go and we get someone with actual football knowledge in, then we're fucked whoever they choose

Ranson was lauded for being a "football man", and that didn't get us anywhere either.

Think getting the right manaager, to the right team, at the right time is mistly a matter of luck.

We're just not very lucky.

LJC_CCFC

Hi, Notts fan here. I'd love to tell you that Ince was just a bad fit for our club, but even if you ignore the defeats at the end of his reign it's not the whole picture. Our entire squad appeared fragmented and there was much talk of dressing room unrest. As an example, he used to call everyone in to training at 9am, only to send a message telling them to come back at 3pm as he wouldn't be in till later. He lived a fair drive away and used to be very fond of the golf course.

He rarely gave the post match interviews, particularly if we'd played badly..he left that to his assistant. We were told all this by MKdons fans, but obviously as fans, you don't want to believe it. There was also a lot of talk of the proverbial tea cups being thrown..once literally over one of our opponents coaches, for which he was sent to the stands.

Most of our fans have no doubt that we would have been playing league 2 football that season, had we not got rid.

When he left, he, as usual, blamed the budget, which he always does, even though he said he could build a competitive team on it when he took the job. It is true however, that he lost Ben Davies in the January along with the loanees (his son Tom and Miller who is now at Carlisle). He had funds to replace them, but chose not to bring anyone else in stating that prices were inflated in January.

We did have a purple patch under him before Jan though, during the time that we played and drew to Man City....but I'm afraid in the eyes of most Notts fans he comes under one of the worst managers we've had.....and we've had a few!

Your board did also sack mad dog last season and he is now sitting pretty with the Gills at the top of league 2, swings and roundabouts

VisitingPie

Lordsummer, I think that's very true. Some managers just seem to gel with a club and do well there. Our current manager KC wasn't a popular appointment by any means, and had bad spells at 3 clubs before going on to work as Warnocks assistant. He obviously learned a lot there though and has admitted that he approached management with the same arrogance he had as a player. He's now much more laid back and has created a brilliant team spirit.

In order to be fair to Ince, I should point out that the 9 defeats were not all under him. 2 were under a caretaker manager and one under Martin Allen when he first took over.

Maybe Ince has learned from his last two managerial jobs and will approach his next job differently. Our chairman said he interviewed very well and he was impressed with his knowledge, but he said exactly the same thing as you did....that getting the right manager to the right club was mostly a matter of luck. I'd be more inclined to believe that though had he done what KC did and fine tuned his craft under another successful manager.

VisitingPie

Your board did also sack mad dog last season and he is now sitting pretty with the Gills at the top of league 2, swings and roundabouts

We did, and most of our fans weren't happy, but since the sacking, some non footballing reasons have come to light that perhaps gave our chairman no choice.

Baginton

My reasons are two fold, he was associated to the franchise / fakes / Dongs :jerkit: and his crazy eye antics at interviews and for that reason.... i'm out :whistle:

* i don't like the jerk it sign, but i'll make exceptions

Last edited:

VisitingPie

Which are???

I won't go into them because it's still hearsay and I don't think it's necessary... it's not MA you are thinking of employing. I do believe though, that the last thing our chairman wanted was to sack another manager. We were top half of the table at the time, so something had gone off for this to happen. I still like MA. He created a real bond with supporters and the community, plus he's a real character.

LJC_CCFC

I won't go into them because it's still hearsay and I don't think it's necessary... it's not MA you are thinking of employing. I do believe though, that the last thing our chairman wanted was to sack another manager. We were top half of the table at the time, so something had gone off for this to happen. I still like MA. He created a real bond with supporters and the community, plus he's a real character.

In other words these 'rumours' are bullcrap

Otis

The more I hear about Ince the more I want Robins. :whistle:

It's bad though isn't it. We are now all choosing a manager based on which one we dislike the least! ;)

Colonel Mustard

I don't see too much support for Paul Ince as manager. What are the main objections?

1. He has had five managerial jobs and hasn't lasted 12 months in any of them.
2. His career is trending downwards - Blackburn to MK Dons to Notts County.
3. The guv'nor reputation. The fear is that he'd be Boothroyd v2; not sure if that personality is what is needed at the club.
4. Underwhelming assessments from fans of clubs he has managed.

I don't think many are truly against any manager - it is just fantasy preferences at this moment. Ince may very well get the job and may very well succeed.

VisitingPie

In other words these 'rumours' are bullcrap

Fair enough LJC. Maybe they are. I did say 'perhaps' when I answered your earlier post. We had developed a bit of a bad reputation on away trips though. But I didn't come on here to talk about MA. I came to give you my own opinion on Ince and I tried to be fair to him by pointing out the 9 defeats weren't all under him and maybe he has learned from his failures. Personally though, I'm not convinced he sees himself as HAVING any faults.

Nonleagueherewecome

And I'd take Keith Hill, too! Was actually my choice before Boothroyd.

cov1987

I think Spit sums it up for me. He'll use us as a stop gap in the hope something better (bigger) turns up.

He wasn't one of the most reviled men in football for nothing![/QUOTE

To me if that happens then he must be doing a good job hear and I would take that at this moment in time.

AFCCOVENTRY

Good little vid on Paul Ince's last day at Notts County

[video=youtube;UbgGiT2RZ6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbgGiT2RZ6I[/video]

@richh87

Great video - cheers!

Makes me want him at the club even less. Give it to Robins please.

1. Robins

2. Money

3. Ince

AFCCOVENTRY

Good video on Ince at Macclesfield and Wise

[video=youtube;N0mCymltzzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0mCymltzzY&feature=relmfu[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread