Why I decided (1 Viewer)

japandy

I been umming and arring whether to go or not. I went to Orient midweek and was proud of the lads for their commitment. They deserve OUR support, so that is why I go to Sixfields tomorrow. I don't go for the owners. I don't go for the fans. I go for the team and MY team are playing, for a few seasons in Northampton. I pray things are sorted soon so we can go watch our team in Coventry where we belong. BUT thelads need us. SISU don't need us. ACL don't need us, or if they do they have a funny way of showing us. NO my choice is purely down to the team. PUSB

WestEndAgro

Thanks for you're contribution to removing the "SKY BLUES" from Coventry forever.

KEEP COV IN COV

hill83

NwoOSHh.gif

torchomatic

The only disgrace on this thread is you, SK.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

covkid69

of course sisu need us...they need your money to keep up the ridiculous idea that it's good to drag our club out of our city...if nobody goes they might realise what a fookin stupid idea it is...the more people that go to shitfields the more likely it is that ccfc will never return....enjoy the wonderful atomosphere

Mexico70

I been umming and arring whether to go or not. I went to Orient midweek and was proud of the lads for their commitment. They deserve OUR support, so that is why I go to Sixfields tomorrow. I don't go for the owners. I don't go for the fans. I go for the team and MY team are playing, for a few seasons in Northampton. I pray things are sorted soon so we can go watch our team in Coventry where we belong. BUT thelads need us. SISU don't need us. ACL don't need us, or if they do they have a funny way of showing us. NO my choice is purely down to the team. PUSB

'I pray things are sorted soon so we can go watch our team in Coventry where we belong'

Who is going to do that then? Football League? The FA (apt) ?
We are on our own and the only way we are going to get our club back is to stop giving SISU the one thing they are interested in - money

CarpyCov84

Don't waste your time talking rubbish trying to justify yourself to us your weak minded all your doing along with the rest is keeping here SISU longer than they would be had you and the rest stuck to the boycott make of it what you will...

Your selling Coventry out

ohitsaidwalker king power

Japandy, I'd respectfully ask you to reconsider.
As per my recent post- I've angst long and hard, for many different reasons about whether to go to Northampton or not. All that you state re the team needing us is true but...
If we continue to support the regime that IS the football club(regrettably), in a land far far away then it is my honest view that CCFC will not return to City of Coventry and will be lost forever. We have read in recent days the shameful admission by the so called leader of the football league of his uncertainty if CCFC will ever return to Coventry, does this alone not rebalance your view?

Sometimes in life the toughest choice is the correct one and it is in my humble opinion such a time is now. Not easy- I admit- Sunday will be a challenge, most will have a comforting distraction at the Ricoh, it is the next and following "home" games in cobbler town that will prove a bigger challenge, but we must collectively stand strong.

Coventry City in Coventry- no other.

Lock

We will drive down from Derbyshire to Sixfields. My boys' love of the team comes before anything else. That's my priority.

WestEndAgro

Do you not think we want to watch OUR team, like some of us have for the last 40 years, do you not think that we want to support OUR team, cheer on the lads and celebrate OUR goals, watch new players debuts, see the Cov Kids come through the ranks , ect ect but this is a simple case of what's right and wrong and you sir are wrong.

WestEndAgro

We will drive down from Derbyshire to Sixfields. My boys' love of the team comes before anything else. That's my priority.

Well they won't be watching a Coventry 11, well they will but it in name only

Real

It's my belief that if enough people go to Sixfields for it to be economically viable to SISU, they won't ever return Coventry City Football Club back to Coventry. With this in mind I cannot justify handing any money to SISU. When my son is old enough to go t home games, I want them to actually be in his home town.

Sky Blue Kid

I truthfully don't believe it's about football anymore. The allegations that were talked about with the "Governmental Protection" in place is what I think could be in practice. Not that I'm accusing of course.

Lock

Yes, we've been to all the English pre-season matches and to the Orient match. I don't accept the logic of staying away but respect your right to do as you will. I will not bow to rudeness or intolerance. We're going.

CarpyCov84

Yes, we've been to all the English pre-season matches and to the Orient match. I don't accept the logic of staying away but respect your right to do as you will. I will not bow to rudeness or intolerance. We're going.

About as loyal as...

Luis Suarez

rondog1973

Utterly depressing we have people like this. You sound like the type of person who hangs off Greg Clarke's and Fishers every word. A few seasons in Northampton?!?! After all this time you still believe they are going to build a new stadium in or around Coventry when they ain't got the money and for which they will NEVER receive planning permission? Selfish short termists contributing funds to the assassins of Coventry City Football Club. I,for one, will never forgive...

treenie01

It's a no win situation.

If you go, you can show your support to your team and to be honest that's the main reason for being involved in a football club. However, you'll get idiots that will turn against you because they still have the mentality of the strikes in the 80s and call you a scab etc etc.

If you don't go you'll feel you've lost that support. Also if Sisu see it as a failure and that fans won't go they'll probably turn it on you lot anyway and decide that you don't care enough about your team so why should they continue with the club.

The cobblers fans don't particularly want you there and some of us actually have a lot of sympathy for you but individuals must be allowed to make up their own mind as to go or not.

on a personal note, if anyone sits in my seat, please don't break it

blueflint

why bother carping on they made their minds up let them go they will probably come to regret the decision later when we no longer exist

Evil Monkey

From the OP 2 weeks ago:

"I, for one, have been blind to the feelings of most CCFC fans. We are a reserved lot and it's only when the chips are down do we actually see the City's character. I do understand SISU's frustration at wanting to make something on match days and believing having OUR own ground as being the only option. BUT, as we see today the fans have spoken. If SISU want to take the club forward they must cooperate with the fans and other interested parties in the city. We should work together but sadly I don't think Joy is aware. or even cares, the fans true feeling. I was going to buy a season ticket at Sixfields but NOW I WON'T. Mr. Fisher, you are a businessman not a child and the time is now rife to do something positive. So sort out the rent issue and move our club forward IN OUR CITY"

Real

I don't see the reason for people to be abusive just because they don't agree with you. It's not as if having people call you names is going to make you change your mind is it? You've set out your reasons for going, I've given my reasons for choosing not to. I genuinely think if enough people turn up to home games in Northampton to make it financially viable, Coventry City Football Club will eventually cease to exist, so I cannot financially contribute to the demise of the team I grew up supporting.

Otis

You'll have plenty of rows to lay down your prayer mat Japandy!

bigfatronssba

Those that go on the excuse that "the team deserve our support" are basically saying that the 11 men (and remember they are men, they don't need mollycoddling) on the pitch are more important than 130 years of history, the city of Coventry, thousands of fans and the founding principle behind English league football.

But hey-ho, as long as you get your weekend football fix under the guise of 11 grown men need to feel supported then who am I to argue with you.

bigfatronssba

It's my belief that if enough people go to Sixfields for it to be economically viable to SISU, they won't ever return Coventry City Football Club back to Coventry. With this in mind I cannot justify handing any money to SISU. When my son is old enough to go t home games, I want them to actually be in his home town.

Of course they won't. Why would they commit to building a new £30m stadium when the business is ticking over nicely in Northampton.

It wouldn't make commercial sense to move back to Coventry.

luwalla

I have two young boys, who also wanted to go to Northampton & continue to support the team. They were really down when I said we would be leaving the Ricoh... we have had season tickets since it opened and going together has been our Saturday family time for years .. They thought we could simply continue that at sixfields.

I upset them by telling them this wouldn't be happening.. But they now understand the reasons why we won't be going and are fully behind the " stay away ".. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to make a stand , and not let others walk all over you.

As sad as the situation is, the one positive that im trying to take out of it.. Is that my kids are learning a life lesson in how to do the right thing... I want my boys to have a fun & happy life, and they do, but I also want them to grow up into decent people that know wrong from right.. And are brave enough to do the right thing. That's my priority!

Ps - we'll be going swimming this morning... To the cinema this evening... And to the Ricoh tomorrow for the charity match, so it's not like they will be deprived of enjoyment this weekend ;)

Last edited:

Otis

Totally your choice of course. The logic though for me is that ACL need the club and the club need the Ricoh.

Because of the total impasse, we basically need both sides to fail. We need for Sisu not to be able to cope being at Northampton and for ACL to struggle without the club at the Ricoh.

Let's say for a moment that Sisu fully intend to build a new stadium. If we filled Sixfields every home game would that speed the process up or slow it down?

We need both sides to fail. Sisu need the Ricoh and the Ricoh needs the club.

Not going to Sixfields keeps the pot boiling and us in the media spotlight. 6,000 go to Sixfields every game and the result would be everyone turning away from our plight and be believing our situation was sorted. There would no longer be any tv or media coverage because we had all relented and traveled 34 miles away. No longer an issue. Filling the groundshare stadium and a new stadium being built. That's the end of the story as far as they would be concerned. The FL too.

Stuff like having 10 times the amount of people flocking to the charity game instead of the league game is a total embarrassment for the club and the city and it keeps us in the limelight and our plight in the limelight.

We all go then we are just accepting that we will be playing in Northampton for at least the next 3 years and no outsiders or governing body will be believe there is any plight.

Also having a franchise sporting club coming to the Ricoh would be equally bad for the City supporters. That would snuff out any chance of CCFC returning and would prolong our stay in Northampton.

I know Tim Fisher said 3 years, but most of I am sure believe that would be all but impossible. I think we'd be looking at 5 years.

Both sides need to fail to prove that they need other.

That is the logic.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Do people come on here and tell everybody there going and not expect a reaction?

Their either on the wind up or know their doing wrong and feel the need to justify their decision.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Totally your choice of course. The logic though for me is that ACL need the club and the club need the Ricoh.

Because of the total impasse, we basically need both sides to fail. We need for Sisu not to be able to cope being at Northampton and for ACL to struggle without the club at the Ricoh.

Let's say for a moment that Sisu fully intend to build a new stadium. If we filled Sixfields every home game would that speed the process up or slow it down?

We need both sides to fail. Sisu need the Ricoh and the Ricoh needs the club.

Not going to Sixfields keeps the pot boiling and us in the media spotlight. 6,000 go to Sixfields every game and the result would be everyone turning away from our plight and believe we are sorted. There would no longer be any tv or media coverage because we had all relented and traveled 34 miles away. The longer an issue. Filling the groundshare stadium and a new stadium being built. That's the end of the story as far as they would be concerned. The FL too.

Stuff like having 10 times the amount of people flocking to the charity game instead of the league game is a total embarrassment for the club and the city and it keeps us in the limelight and our plight in the limelight.

We all go then we are just accepting that we will be playing in Northampton for at least the next 3 years and no outsides or governing body will be believe there is any plight.

Also having a franchise sporting club coming to the Ricoh would be equally bad for the City supporters. That would snuff out any chance of CCFC returning and would prolong our stay in Northampton.

I know Tim Fisher said 3 years, but most of I am sure believe that would be all but impossible. I think we'd be looking at 5 years.

Both sides need to fail to prove that they need other.

That is the logic.

Ipso Facto-Its a race to the bottom. Not sure we are there yet....?

tuousis

They wont be your team for long. if they play well, they will be sold. Remember SISU only want your money. They will give you nothing in return. If they moved to Glasgow would you follow them. They make the rules, not you or the FL.

rondog1973

I have two young boys, who also wanted to go to Northampton & continue to support the team. They were really down when I said we would be leaving the Ricoh... we have had season tickets since it opened and going together has been our Saturday family time for years .. They thought we could simply continue that at sixfields.

I upset them by telling them this wouldn't be happening.. But they now understand the reasons why we won't be going and are fully behind the " stay away ".. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to make a stand , and not let others walk all over you.

As sad as the situation is, the one positive that im trying to take out of it.. Is that my kids are learning a life lesson in how to do the right thing...
...And this folks, is how it should be. All these morons whining that it would break their kids hearts to not go any more....Okay then morons, continue to assume your kids won't understand coz you can't be bothered to invest the time to explain to them why you shouldn't be going. The kids will be right fucked off after a couple of games anyhow, outnumbered by away fans in a 7000 capacity stadium not even half full. What a mouthwatering matchday experience in prospect.

Great post & parenting btw.

Users who are viewing this thread